Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Comic party season 1

This series seems half assed in dub and the facial expressions seems all the same and I can't tell what there thinking * sometimes that's ok * it feels more like a a show with in a show you know like genshiken and that show they watch kujibiki.

It's not bad but it's not great either, its a lil bit like genshiken but like I said a lil half assed but I blame the guys who dubbed it. It feels like they wasn't putting any passion in to making the dubbing,

It has a few life lessions in it which is good like

At first if you don't succeed try try again
And do what you like doing no matter what others say about it

You know stuff like that. The characters are forgettable to me but I guess it holds up ok

So for the first season
7.5/10
It's a ok series but next iv got season 2 disc 1 to watch tomorrow

Metal skin panic madox-01

This movie Is so retro and cheesy and it's only under 40 mins Its aged but I guess at the time this was out this was amazing the animations good * retro way*

7.5/10

Negima!? - 7.5/10

Very enjoyable. The first season was pretty bad with its attempt to follow the manga leading into an original ending, but this remake made a wise decision in ditching the manga's plot altogether.

If you're a fan of Asuna, you might be horrified by how she's portrayed in this series, but I generally found her and the other characters to be enjoyable, with the majority of the class getting enough screen time to make an impression.

Thanks to the fun plot, good characters and an absolutely killer OP, I really enjoyed Negima!? - it might be time for me to order the OVAs.

Fate/stay night unlimited blade works

This is an alternate universe version of the series arcer has more tIme in it and has extra bits in it, honestly the animations really nice and the fights are really good and my guess is if they put some of the ideas from this movie in to the series I think the series would be so much bigger, well maybe a bit better.

This is more about archer then saber I guess there was loads of fans of archer then saber for them to make this movie

8/10

P.S.

Watch the series first to understand the movie

Comic party revolution

Ok I'm just going to say that this seems more half assed then the first season.

There are a few new characters that pops out of nowhere and isn't explained where they came from and it seems more moe then the first at least the first season gave us a story and explained a things and the story's are random in each ep. I'l say this the animation was ok but the story's was half assed but the dub sounded like they was trying.

I'm giving it a 7/10 the first season was better

Read or Die 3 episode OVA series
7/10
Not bad. Not bad at all. The animation was good especially during the fight scenes. I also loved the background they were very nice. The story was pretty weak and the character development seemed pretty forced. But i guess thats because its only 3 episodes long. Drake seemed really unnecessary.

Overall go in with an open mind. Plus its pretty cheap, my copy was only £3, so you cant really go wrong.

sanji no 1 said:
Read or Die 3 episode OVA series
7/10
Not bad. Not bad at all. The animation was good especially during the fight scenes. I also loved the background they were very nice. The story was pretty weak and the character development seemed pretty forced. But i guess thats because its only 3 episodes long. Drake seemed really unnecessary.

Overall go in with an open mind. Plus its pretty cheap, my copy was only £3, so you cant really go wrong.

iv seen the OVAs and to be honest i like the OVAs then the series

Broken blade

Omg omg omg this series is freaking awesome it's one of the best series iv seen in ages * well a mech series anyways* it's a bit like sound of the sky's meets gundam ( but not in space) the stories and animations, effects, music, drama, it's so awesome I really really like it even if your not a mech fan I think you'll enjoy this series.

But the end of the series really pissed me off ( unresolved, cliff hanger, ) I'm like omg don't do this to me. that's probably it's only down side.

Loved it
9/10

animefreak17 said:
Broken blade

Omg omg omg this series is freaking awesome it's one of the best series iv seen in ages * well a mech series anyways* it's a bit like sound of the sky's meets gundam ( but not in space) the stories and animations, effects, music, drama, it's so awesome I really really like it even if your not a mech fan I think you'll enjoy this series.

But the end of the series really pissed me off ( unresolved, cliff hanger, ) I'm like omg don't do this to me. that's probably it's only down side.

Loved it
9/10

How is it like Sound of the Sky? I guess they both are vibrant and colourful?

I think some of the story points are a bit overused (special mech that only one guy can use that saves the day, love triangle etc) but it was an awesome series.

Apparently the manga goes further than the series so maybe we'll get the rest one day? I certainly hope so.

I just finished:
Heaven's Lost Property 6/10
Ok I knew this was going to be a little ecchi, but i figured there'd be some story or character development (on more than one character). Most of the random humour just wasn't for me and wow massive shifts in tone from flying panties to Nymph getting her wings ripped off? It was somehow kinda watchable though, I guess I didn't have to engage my brain at all. Regret that I already have series 2 though.

Afro Samurai 7/10
Really stylish but wow is this series just a little disappointing for anyone who has recently just watched Samurai Champloo. That's pretty much all I have to say on this one.

Also just watched Welcome to the Space show (7/10) bit overlong and lots of it doesn't make a whole lotta sense/skips around. Could've done with being a 3 part OVA or something I think! Great visuals though and a lot of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
FourthLion said:
How is [Broken Blade] like Sound of the Sky? I guess they both are vibrant and colourful?
Aside from both shows being set against the backdrop of war (and even then, SotS mainly takes place during peacetime) they don't have a whole lot in common. I suppose SotS has a post-apocalyptic setting while Broken Blade has a setting that kind-of resembles one, but... that's about it as far as I can see!

fabricatedlunatic said:
FourthLion said:
How is [Broken Blade] like Sound of the Sky? I guess they both are vibrant and colourful?
Aside from both shows being set against the backdrop of war (and even then, SotS mainly takes place during peacetime) they don't have a whole lot in common. I suppose SotS has a post-apocalyptic setting while Broken Blade has a setting that kind-of resembles one, but... that's about it as far as I can see!

I thought war and high school were the only 2 anime settings anyway :p

Kinda like that 'only 7 stories in the world' theory.

FourthLion said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
FourthLion said:

I thought war and high school were the only 2 anime settings anyway :p

Kinda like that 'only 7 stories in the world' theory.

Hey come on, there's also...
space high school?...

Blue Submarine No. 6

Flat and stereotyped characters, predictable story... nothing good here for me. I started to watch it during a night when I couldn't sleep due to hot climate. After the first episode I hoped this OVA could induce me to coma, but it failed even in this, so I ended up watching it all in a row. That was a bad night and I put these DVDs into oblivion.

Score: 5 / 10

Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone

The visuals are simply awesome. About the rest, I can only say that it's not an essential watch: the story is basically the same of the series, missing tons of details about the characters. If you did not watch the series then I suppose it will be a little hard to really understand what's going on. If you watched the series then you already know what's going to happen, but it's in a visually stunning way.

Score: 8 / 10

Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance

The visuals are even more awesome. About the story: now it takes a different route from the series, so it gets more attention. The problem is the same of the previous movie: times are too contrived to be able to do a great job about character and story development. I'm intrigued to see how the next 2 movies will be, hoping we'll get a BD release in reasonable time.

Score: 8 / 10

Teo

animefreak17 said:
teonzo said:
animefreak17 said:
But the end of the series really pissed me off

Long live spoilers...

Teo
I said it pissed me off it doesnt mean that it would piss off everyone. Besides I'm not giving anything away...............right?

In an earlier post you said,

My guess is that it is the bit in the brackets that teonzo was getting at. As someone that has yet to watch Broken blade (it's in my pile of stuff to watch) I would rather not have known about the ending.

to be fair to AF17, he just means that it doesn't resolve all the arcs at the end of the 6th episode, which is obvious as it doesn't cover all the manga?

That's the kind of thing I DO like to know before going into a series. I hate getting to the end of things and they don't... well... end? I wouldn't exactly say there's a cliff hanger anyway, it does resolve the situations at hand... just leaves a lot of stuff open.

Koihime muso seasons 1,2,3

Ummm his should I put this

It's moe very moe it's a mixture of cute and fan servies, it feels like queens blade but cuter and less fighting. I'm not sure but I think it has some Chinese history in it, I'm not but it feels like it did but with fan services and woman instead of men. it can be funny at times and te fan servies is good ( if your in to fan servies)

Each season brings in new characters and it's based off of a game.

If your in to fan servies and cute characters this is for you

And like I said it's like queens blade a lil bit

There's lil story it's mostly a journey anime

For fan servies and cute charecters

8.5/10

For story
5/10

Animation
8/10

Charecters
9/10

Al together

8/10

animefreak17 said:
I said it pissed me off it doesnt mean that it would piss off everyone. Besides I'm not giving anything away...............right?

Mangaman74 wrote my exact thoughts. Knowing the kind of ending of a show spoils it for me, because it means I'll watch it already knowing what to expect and this will ruin any possible surprise. If the director structured the show in a way that leads the watcher to think "it's gonna be this way" and then it goes on another way, well, then if I already knew that things will go in the second way then I will miss the surprise factor, which is a good part of the enjoyment of a show (for me).
Telling something about the ending of a show should always be done under spoiler alerts, this is a simple netiquette matter. There are people who want to know the kind of ending (stone closed, cliffhanger, whatever) like FourthLion, so people should specify if the spoiler is only about the kind of ending (structure) or if it includes also how it really ends (facts).
And there are people like me who simply want to avoid any kind of spoiler about the endings, they are called spoilers because they SPOIL.
It's just a matter of politeness.

Teo

Back