Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Rurouni Kenshin

Holy crap, I'm not used anymore to series as looooooong as this one.
First season: just ok, some funny episodes, some average ones.
Second season: really good, bordering on great in many occasions. Hiko Seijuro is a total badass, having the voice of Char is another plus.
Third season: a great episode (the fireflies one), a couple of mediocre arcs, the rest was good.

Score: 7.5 / 10

Teo

Question about the scoring of the 10 out of 10 thread

First off
I think we should have the scoring system like this

Story
Animation style
Animation (colour, effects, CGI,)
Characters
Genre ( sci-fi, ecchi, horror ect ect) depending what sort of series your watching

But people know their own reasons they for rating something a certain number out of ten. They don't need you to provide them with a list of criteria to rate by - What do you think they've been doing up to this point, just randomly thinking up a number?

It's nice if people go into a bit of detail about why they think it deserves the score they give it; Frankly it's a lot more satisfying to read a paragraph of someone's thoughts about a series than it is to read a series of numbers. But that's just the way some people do things, similar to the way some people like to list things they've watched in the viewing journal without any opinions (when MAL, a notepad file on their desktop or their memory would serve exactly the same purpose).

animefreak17 said:
... but I think the second half with all that talk was giving way to the second season yes there's going to be a second season.
Manga i'm sure have stated that a second season doesn't appear to be planned at all for HOTD. Probably did poorly in Japan, but well enough elsewhere.

Rurouni Kenshin: Ishinshishi e no Requiem

I found this to be a good movie, nothing more and nothing less. Can't complain about the quality, it's done well without any major defects. On the other side there are neither any major merits, it's just like a medium length arc from the main series: usual themes, the story flows fine but is quite predictable.
To be honest I was expecting much more from Kenshin, the series and this movie are good, but not enough that I will ever want to rewatch them. In the next days I'll watch Tsuiokuhen, which is regarded as the best of all the Kenshin stuff, hope it will live up to its fame.

Score: 7 / 10

Teo

He is my master

This anIme was fun to watch and the fact that a spoiled rich kid inherits a large fortune with no parents and no one to tell him what to do seems like a good deal and I totally agree not only is the main guy rich he has 3 cute maids waiting on him hand and foot. Also there's a alligator that likes girls which is funny, a lesbian that likes the main heroin and smart fun girl and the main heroin that just cant get a brake, there's fan servies * tease fan servie*

It was fun to watch and I liked it

8/10

Tokyo Godfathers

Satoshi Kon as we know is most definitely a genius, but even so I did not know what to expect before coming into this. The movie has the "miracles occur on Christmas" thing going on which can be cheesy sometimes, but thankfully this movie is quite a different kind of Christmas movie.

The three hobo's are complex and have different backgrounds and personalities which attract and repel each other throughout. They take care of baby, try to find the parents and miracles happen basically.

Slow moving, but very interesting and well presented. I love Satoshi Kon's facial designs again, nice music. It basically has a bit of everything despite a couple of nuances.

8/10

animefreak17 said:
reborn said:
animefreak17 said:
... but I think the second half with all that talk was giving way to the second season yes there's going to be a second season.
Manga i'm sure have stated that a second season doesn't appear to be planned at all for HOTD. Probably did poorly in Japan, but well enough elsewhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pF38z_Z ... ture=inbox
I wouldn't consider that as official confirmation that's it happening.

D Gray man (episodes 1-51)
I started watching this show a while ago and just finished it yesterday. Personally i think D Gray man is a hit and miss show. At times the writing and the action is really good and original, then it will be a typical Shonen show.
The first 26 episodes were great! It introduced great characters, had some emotional drama, some great fight scenes and had an overall good story going. After them it just became a slow shonen anime with far too much filler, and by the end i just wanted it to finish. The fight scenes also started to get boring as they just kept fighting the same akuma over and over again. I wanted to see them fight the Noah family instead. Speaking of Noah family, The Earl is one of the greatest anime villains I've ever seen!

Its a shame Funimation aren't gonna dub the rest of the show because i would of liked to see what happened to the characters. However i can kind of see why the decided to stop.

Overall D gray Man is a good series, but the slow pacing, too much use of filler and repetitive fighting brought it down.
7/10

kujibiki unbalanced

this series is indeed a parody for genshiken and its ok to watch but if you haven't seen genshiken yet i suggest watching kujibiki unbalanced first cause in genshiken they talk about kujibiki unbalanced and i have no idea what tjey was talking about but it makes sence now,

7.5/10

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen

Ok, this was great. Great story, great directing, lots of quality scenes, lots of silences when they are needed, lots of small details to add value. This OVA delivered all my expectations, so I'm happy. Guess I'll have to track down the blu-ray.

Score : 9 / 10

Teo

Psychic Wars
6/10
Very good for 1p. The story was a complete mess and the animation could of been better, but there were some cool fight scenes.

Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen

Wow, simply wow! I liked this OVA even more than Tsuiokuhen. The story and the flashback structure was great. The pace and the character design were functional to convey all the pathos of this show, this was the perfect ending for the Kenshin franchise. I only wish the series was made in the same vein of this OVA. Another blu-ray to hunt and buy.

Score: 9.5 / 10

Teo

They Were 11

This is an old movie (from 1986) which genre is a mixture of science fiction and thriller. A lot of people from various planets apply to the entrance exams for the most elite academy of the known universe. All the 700 people that reached the final stage are divided in groups of 10 and face together the final exam. Problem is that a group of them find themselves to be 11 and not 10, so there start the troubles...
Having watched way too many episodes of Star Trek I've been able to understand what was going on almost from the beginning, but this movie pre-dates The Next Generation so I can't complain about originality. The story flaws very nicely if even the mistery was not much a mistery. The animation is really good too. I'm glad to have bought this movie, if you are a science fiction fan then it's a suggested watch.

Score: 8 / 10

Teo

Last edited by a moderator:
Back