Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Fma bh ovas

They was ok they if youv seen the bh series one ep shows you a ep where wenry gets her ear rings * that explains the earrings in the main series*

Anoter show Roy when he was starting out
Another was about ed and ALS teacher Izumi when she was startin out at fort Briggs
But the first one was my fav where they found out that some one did a human transmution

And there's a comic stripe piss takers of the show which was funny

The additional eps was ok and dose explain and few background story's

7.5/10

Fullmetal alchemist the sacred star of milos

This movie was awesome inmight get a few thumbs down by saying this but this movie was more awesome then the first movie ( conqueror of shamballa) the story was nice and the visuals was awesome and a few gruesome parts, i said this that some movies seem like long ep but his movie feels like a movies instead of a long ep.

If your a fan of fma then your in for a treat cause this movie was awesome I liked it,

9/10

Kihachiro Kawamoto Film Works-A truly spectacular and fascinating dvd showcasing the short films of one of japans finests talents,his style and directing skills were second to none and his use of puppets and cut-out animation really are a sight to behold and even though these short movies are at most round about 20 mins at most the depth of story and development put most feature length movies to shame especially A Poet's Life(1974),To Shoot without Shooting(1988)and Briar-Rose or The Sleeping Beauty(1990)which were the three stand out films for me but all were amazing in there own way,A totally essential and highly recommended dvd and one of the most important dvds i have in my collection.10/10.

Cowboy bebop series and movie

Iv seen this series since I was a kid on toonami and watched it quite a few times and today I just finished watchin the movie and series I did a a why is cowboy bebop popular thread a few days ago and I understand why the spike eps are so good and a few of the other eps I liked was the cowboy funk and that mad guy with the tOp hat eps but to be honest I didn't really think the series and movie was that exciting but it's kinda good in it's own right. It's a classic I'l admit that and the movie wasn't all that bad but I think if the movie was made before the 22ep was ever aired I think the movie would of done better cause as we all know what happens at the end of the series there was no point to it, but if the movie was about what happened after the series that would be different butthe movie is good too but it's just a lOng ep but a good onE the one person I didn't like was faya I know she has issues but she * at times* can be a bitch my fav ein and ed there funny, There was a few sad moments and funny moments but I had a sad feeling after when the series finished I don't know why I just felt sad it finishing.

8.5/10 movie and series

Oddly enough ANN credits Tsukasa Dokite as character designer for both films. Project Eden is recognisable as his work, but Nolandia has me wondering if he has a less talented namesake.

Project Eden - 8/10

I don't really know what the hell is going on in Project Eden, and I don't care much either because this film is outrageously fun to watch. Along with Project A-ko it's probably the best example of an 80s anime movie that seems to exist for little other reason than to showcase the talents of its animators. And that's why I love Project Eden - for its beautifully animated action sequences and massive explosions and elaborate destruction, all lovingly hand-drawn and painted.

Also for Yuri's naked botty.

Desert punk

Omg this series is freaking awesome I haven't seen a awesOme series like this since ..........since .......well there's too many to choose from but it's really really awesome it's funny and has fan servies to be honest altho this isn't a ecchi anime it teases you in to it which was awesome( well sometimes) anyways it has the story formula of trigun yOu know it's funn the first half and the second half it's get on with the hard core story line. If I try to explain the story I'd probably ruin it for ya but it's awesome,

The anime it self is a gem you know how some animes seem like the same well this isn't like like anything iv seen and it's awesome, if I had a choose of loseing my memory of ever watching this I would do it and enjoy watching it again

The animation it great and the style is great the opening great, it's funny funny funny and if I had to choose a fav character it be junko she's a freaking babe * don't judge me*

This series is going in my favs

9.5/10

Professor Irony said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Dirty Pair - Affair of Nolandia - 3/10

And while some of the animation is okay, visually the OVA has aged badly.

Kei & Yuri in Nolandia
Kei & Yuri in Project Eden
That is downright shocking. If I'd seen it out of context, I don't think I'd even have been sure it was the Dirty Pair.
Not leaping to it's defence by any means, but you have chosen a particularly bad shot from Nolandia there. I haven't watched it in a while (though I will, now) and while they were undeniably different I don't remember the designs being that consistently awful throughout. A quick Google turns up this collection of screencaps, and the thing that strikes me most is that there appear to be some very different styles at work. It's almost as if there was no character model for them to work from (or they weren't following it) with some looking a lot closer to the old Kei & Yuri we know and love, and some looking frankly alien and admittedly awful. I wonder if a relatively new animator(s) worked on Nolandia? Someone clearly didn't know what they were doing with eyes in certain scenes.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Also for Yuri's naked botty.
Similarly, Kei's dream sequence serves as a partial redemption of Nolandia. Actually, looking at screencaps I think she may have been most on-model in that sequence out of the whole film...

Shakugan no Shana Final - 7.5/10

I marathoned this and finished it the night before last (I went through it in 2 1/2 days in blocks of 5+ shows, as I'd been waiting to see it) but was too tired to write a mini review yesterday so I've left it today.

I think Shakugan no Shana Final is probably only a show I could recommend to fans of the previous material; it's not a bad show, but its a show that lacks any sort of founding direction if you haven't seen the previous seasons, and there is little in the way of explanation to who, what, why or how in many cases.

There are also several noticeable points where you can tell the series is a condensed version of several books, as we seemingly have a few characters that have just appeared out of nowhere who seem relatively important, yet we get very little background information on them.

That said, whilst my review may sound negative so far, it's not a bad show, for those who found action a little lacking in the second series compared to the first (unfortunately I prefered the heavier drama element of the second season), it is definately a more action orientated finale; and I also applaud it for taking one of the core precepts of the series, the Shana and Yuji pairing, and completely turning it on it's head for a large segment of the show.

It's not the ending I'd perhaps have chosen, and I think there are certain elements that could have been better done, but overall Shana 3 is a likeable romp with the previously introduced characters, as long as you can accept a little plot condensing and the aforementioned precept reversal, which may come across as jarring for some, especially after the second season.
It definately errs more towards the shounen element this season though, compared to the more drama based second, and your preferences will likely influence your thoughts.

Animation throughout the show is reasonable, with occasional sections that do look quite nice, although compared with previous seasons of the show, you can tell JC Studio has very definately cut corners by duplicating character designs for the Crimzon Denizens repeatedly. Whilst this is forgivable with the much larger scale, it would still have been nice to see a bit more variety.

Oh, and I also still ABSOLUTELY DESPISE the character of Dantalion the Professor, he is quite literally one of my most disliked characters in any anime, simply because he is so deliberately over the top and out of place compared to many of the scenes and characters he contrasts against.
I really wish they hadn't chosen to represent him anywhere near as much in this series, or had at least toned him down.

There are also several noticeable points where you can tell the series is a condensed version of several books, as we seemingly have a few characters that have just appeared out of nowhere who seem relatively important, yet we get very little background information on them.
*cough*Chiara, Sale, Hyakki Yakou, Four Gods of the Earth etc*

Personally, I like Dantalion. I love me a bit of madness...but he didn't get to use it very much.

Haha yeah exactly, characters that really could have done with just a bit more backstory etc to really flesh out who, why etc
Perhaps they tried to cram a bit too much in without doing more OVAs first etc.

I still stand by my hatred of Dantalion though, I hated him since the first series, nothing wrong with a bit of madness, but he just doesnt fit in any of the scenes he's put into. You'll get a relatively dark scene with Bal Masque for example, and then he'll come in and just ruin the feel. You can do insane without making a character a ****nut for comic relief with his stupid robot.

GITSSAC 2nd gig

I don't know what it is, but this season didn't grab me like the first did. I rate that a 9/10, bordering on a 10 but this I'm hovering between 7 and 8. It certaibnly wasn't bad by any means, it was just...un-engaging. I found it descended FAR too much into jargonistic exposition and philosophising about subjects much less interesting than those covered in the 1st gig. My favourite episode was probably the one where Kusanagi visits the ...shop of memories I guess, the one with the boy who folded cranes.

I also liked the character of Goda, but while initially there was the whole "what is he up to" angle, as his plan was revealed it was ultimately underwhelming and his conclusion was too abrupt (if deserved). Kuze was also somewhat interesting, but I feel like the parts of his backstory that would've interested me weren't really explored.

I guess overall it's a high 7/10. It was objectively good, but on a personal level it just didn't capture my imagination in the same way as the first season. Oh and the 2nd gig Tachikomatic Days were dire. I mean they were onlt ok in the first gig, but this time around there were just complete garbage. (aside from the Dig Dug parody credits)

High school of the dead

OMG this anime is so freaking awesome and the very first one iv seen thats close to a zombie horror * in anime form* I'l say this this anime is a freaking gem a diamond a ruby it's that awesome. I goin to be honest I thought I was going to watch something iv seen before but everything in it feels original or fresh.

The anime styles awesome the story's fantasic the characters are great. To those who loves zombie films I recommend it and to those who like ecchi anime I recommend it to.

Ok I know what some people would say the ecchi ruins the anime but it works it in so well it has more horror as much.

I was on the hedge of my bed it's that awesome.

If youv seen zombie movies before and know what to expect then keep a open mind about it.

I swear I cant wait for season 2 or the ova to come out on DVD I'm so excited I can't wait.

I won't spoile what happens I'l let you guys find out how over the top awesome it is

My score

The scale broke

12/10

I know it's a over the top score but it's a well deserved score in my opinion this is the first time iv given a score like this and I won't take it back it deserves it

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

animefreak17 said:

I lol'd :p That said, I was really impressed with the first half, I felt the ecchi stuff wasn't TOO intrusive and the zombie/ horror angle was really, REALLY, SURPRISINGLY well done. However, I felt the second half was something of a let-down and didn't really continue that perfect balance of horror and action. It was far too much cooped up indoors stuff talking about what they WERE gonna do instead of actually doing stuff.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
animefreak17 said:

I lol'd :p That said, I was really impressed with the first half, I felt the ecchi stuff wasn't TOO intrusive and the zombie/ horror angle was really, REALLY, SURPRISINGLY well done. However, I felt the second half was something of a let-down and didn't really continue that perfect balance of horror and action. It was far too much cooped up indoors stuff talking about what they WERE gonna do instead of actually doing stuff.

Well you have to talk in a series I mean I agree the first half was more awesomer then the second half but I think the second half with all that talk was giving way to the second season yes there's going to be a second season.

I know what you mean I really do about all talk in the second half but with all that action you need a breather you know action- breather-action - breathe

Wasurenagumo 8.5/10

This is a little supernatural OVA, produced for a new animator's training project.
I have to say I was rather impressed, I'd have been happy if this was the opening episode to a full series, although unfortunately it's a 'one-shot' OVA AFAIK.

The premise was interesting, there was enough going on to easily fill the timespan, and the animation was extremely nice and smooth, with some nice detail to movement; to the point it actually looked better than some of the projects I've seen from much larger studios.

If you're after a quick half an hour watch, and like supernatural/monster themes, then I'd definately say give it a watch :)

Hahah, I think the reason I marked it down slightly is due to the ambiguity of the ending, there were a lot of questions posed and not answered, and I like I mentioned, there was plenty of 'subject' posed that this could have extended beyond this one episode, arguably it'd make quite a good series or at least set of OVAs, and I feel in this case the shortness is a shame, as the material cries for a bit more runtime; especially as you say the ending can be taken in several different ways.

I'm not a major moe fan, so loli moe isn't enough for me to make this 9.5/10 :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect blue

I watched this last night and as old as it is it still olds up and is a fantasic phycological anime i wish they made more like this film those of you seen it knows how good it is.

8.5/10

Elemental gelade

Basically a romemo and Juliet series ........... Well not exactly but those of you who know * a boy and a girl wants to be together but can't because of who they are in away.*

It's basic on a quest to help a girl along with 3 other people sort of anime

Animation 7.5/10
Characters 7.5/10
Style 7.5/10

7.5/10

Naruto shippuden movie 2 bonds

It's reminds me of naruto movie 2 stone of gale in a few ways.

7/10

millennium actress

i love the play with in a play in it its loads of fun and the storys nice too but its way to short * i think the guys who made millennium actress was hoping on making a series out of this during the times from old old japan to the future looking for her lost love* from the creators of perfect blue they did a great job but again i wish they made it longer

9/10

Back