Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

ayase said:
I think you need to cut down on your consumption of US TV shows.
Because what we got was the apex of quality writing? The entire show is ridiculous, but that's what so fun about it. Ohba is probably a hack, but I find it hard to believe that someone, if not him, could not have come up with better direction if forced. He got lazy, threw in the towel and went home with his millions. Sometimes pressure is a necessary evil.

(I didn't want to respond but when I went to get my kitkat, it was all I could think about.)

If that little writing was some kind of funny punchline, would you please type it in a font size I can actually read without getting a telesope out lol.

Why do people do that....

ayase said:
Jaymii said:
Just make it bigger and bigger, more and more ludicrous for ever and ever. Seriously.

By the time I reached the end of the Death Note manga I had stopped caring about the characters because the situations were so ludicrous. I think Ohba gave up because the whole thing was becoming harder to manage, every cliff-hanger was becoming harder top...

Light as ruler of the world? Where could you go with that one? That's just too much.

Anyway I'm watching Blood-C. As a fan of the franchise I'm left somewhat bemused at the direction this spin-off takes.

5/10

Also, I was amused at the tiny font reply. As small as it was it was a good observation. How the internet affects us even when we don't mean it to.

Last edited by a moderator:
vashdaman said:
If that little writing was some kind of funny punchline, would you please type it in a font size I can actually read without getting a telesope out lol.

Why do people do that....
If you can't read it, copy-paste it into notepad or something.

People generally do it for side comments that aren't part of the reply.

Genkina Hito said:
ayase said:
Jaymii said:
Just make it bigger and bigger, more and more ludicrous for ever and ever. Seriously.

By the time I reached the end of the Death Note manga I had stopped caring about the characters because the situations were so ludicrous. I think Ohba gave up because the whole thing was becoming harder to manage, every cliff-hanger was becoming harder top...

Light as ruler of the world? Where could you go with that one? That's just too much.

You couldn't go any further. That is where the anime and manga would end. It would be one of only two endings that would work, the other being the one that actually did occur, namely Light losing.

ghost hunt was like a combination of ghost watch from the early 90s and most haunted. i really hate most haunted and ghost chaser shows i really dont like them. however ghost hunt really put me of edge and made me quiver with fear in a few episodes. it was also like ghost stories. iv never seen a anime like this before and i really enjoyed it alot. i just wish the anime kept going.
il give it a

9.5/10

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Season 2

Season 2 is certainly worse than Season 1 as far as I am concerned, primarily because of one thing - the Endless Eight. In it the five main characters are all trapped in a time loop created by Haruhi who is trying to find the perfect summer vacation. This senario is broadcast over eight episodes. Now to me, I think eight episodes featuring that plot device is too much. It is just too tedious.

To be fair, at least they do make some changes in an attempt to relieve the monotony, changing the dialogue slightly, giving them different clothes in each episode. However, to me it just dragged on too long.

I did enjoy the episodes adapted from The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya, but the Endless Eight outweighs it for me with my final score.

Score: 3/10

RahXephon
5/10
Most confusing anime ive ever seen. I have so many questions about the show, but im not gonna ask because i couldnt be botherd.

Good things:
Good animation, as to be expected from Bones.
Great soundtrack.
episode 19 was beautiful and emotional. The only episode i liked.

Bad things:
Confusing as hell! I think i have a brain tumor trying to figure it out.
Quite boring
Some characters felt REALLY pointless, Like quan and the girl with the yellow dress.

Not the worst anime ive seen, there was some good bits, but it wasnt and masterpiece like everyone says it is.

And Because i bought the Grand cannon collection, i have the movie to watch now. Hope it will be better!

Totally agree with your conclusion, Jaymii. I thought the show was written pretty well at times during the L stages, certainly don't agree that it got objectively "better" as it went on, but once they had put themselves in that situation just making it more and more contrived and yet still having Light win would have been OK. Not as good as just finishing it when L dies imo, but it would have worked better than the damp squib they went with.

lain - what can i say about this anime..................... it was boring saddly to say i didn't get what was going on. it was like watching the last two episodes of eva (you didn't know what was going on and was confused the first time you watched it) lain didn't caught my attention at all boring story boring character nothing was explained clearly so il saddly give it a 4/10

gravitation - ...................... what cant i say about this anime. at first when i reed the out side of the box and it said it was a romance anime i wasn't looking farward to it. however when i watched the first 4 episodes, i was like....................... its a gay romance anime i continued to watch gravitation all the way to the end i got to say it was enjoyable, you get loads of romance between girls and guys in most animes mainly but it was nice for a change having the romance different from the other anime shows iv seen. its funny, great story. lovable characters and grossly different. thank god it didn't go to 2nd - 3rd otherwise id had to stop watching it. lol its the first time iv seen a anime like this. im going to give it a 8/10

animefreak17 said:
lain - what can i say about this anime..................... it was boring saddly to say i didn't get what was going on. it was like watching the last two episodes of eva (you didn't know what was going on and was confused the first time you watched it) lain didn't caught my attention at all boring story boring character nothing was explained clearly so il saddly give it a 4/10
Lain requires repeated viewing to really get whats going on and its a show that is rewarding if you give it time,but yeah it is one of those shows you either like or dont like,there is no middle ground when it comes to shows like this.

Birdy the Mighty: Decode 01 - 6/10

As I said elsewhere, the main problem with Birdy is that it does nothing to distinguish itself. The story is straightforward and unoriginal, the characters are uninteresting, and the central conceit of two characters sharing the same body is not exploited at all. I didn't want a show dripping with angst, but the lack of any emotional response from either Birdy or Tsutomu as they seamlessly adjusted to their new lives was disconcerting. Not only that, but it rarely served any purpose for the plot, as the generally useless Tsutomu never had much to contribute.

It has other problems too, though, such as a smarmy antagonist who pops in and out of the show, doing not much other than be make cryptic comments. It's not until the last few episodes that his true intentions become known, and it's those few episodes that salvage the show to some degree, mainly thanks to a cliché but nonetheless sweet romance between Tsutomu and school friend Nagasuki. Those last few episodes were the only time I had any emotional investment in the show whatsoever, and I thought the ending was handled quite well.

The main selling point of Birdy is its kinetic action scenes, but the truth is there isn't that many of them. It's a slow series, derailed by filler and episodes where not enough happens, and it's clear that this is where the budget takes a big hit. Rarely have I seen faces as deformed as those in the dreadful episode 6. The music, on the other hand, is more understated; in fact I can honestly claim that most of the time I never even noticed it.

So very disappointing =(

Doraemon666 said:
animefreak17 said:
Lain requires repeated viewing to really get whats going on and its a show that is rewarding if you give it time,but yeah it is one of those shows you either like or dont like,there is no middle ground when it comes to shows like this.
i know that iv gotta watch it over and over again to get whats going on i do that but as soon as i know whats going on il give lain a second chance and i might give it a better overall score next time

animefreak17 said:
Doraemon666 said:
animefreak17 said:
i know that iv gotta watch it over and over again to get whats going on i do that but as soon as i know whats going on il give lain a second chance and i might give it a better overall score next time

When I looked the show, years ago, I thought it was a magnificent media-parody. Maybe it was the confusing ending but after the last episode something had made *click* in my brain...or it was only my wish to understand. :p
I think I need a rewatch...

ilmaestro said:
Totally agree with your conclusion, Jaymii. I thought the show was written pretty well at times during the L stages, certainly don't agree that it got objectively "better" as it went on, but once they had put themselves in that situation just making it more and more contrived and yet still having Light win would have been OK. Not as good as just finishing it when L dies imo, but it would have worked better than the damp squib they went with.

Well the point of it was that Light doesn't win we're not supposed to root for the bad guy ;) even if he is the protagonist.

Evangelion 2.222222.22.2.2.2 whatever

8.5/10

I'm not a huge fan of the NGE franchise, much as I want to enjoy it, but 2.22.2.2.2.2. was really something. I liked the characterisations a LOT more than the series and new pilot Mari was quite unique to say the least. However, the ending was a little too Gurren Lagann IMO. Shinji getting what he wanted just because he wanted it hard enough was very much a Simon/ Spiral Power thing, but I still enjoyed it in context. Also that weird song which played at the really awesome moments.... I'm sure if I knew what the words were I'd understand its use more, but it just seemed to be incredibly inappropriate to me and kind of lessened the moment.

Darker Than Black Season 1-Really solid stuff,i liked the way each episode was in two parts,it was abit of a slow burner for me and it took me a couple of episodes to finally sink my teeth into it but when i did i was glued to the screen and could not wait to watch each episode,great mix of action and drama and some comedy for the light relief,and a great mix of characters and a story that twists and turns and keeps you guessing until the end,just falls short of being a classic but it is still pretty essential stuff it you put the time into it you,ll be greatly rewarded.8/10.

Doraemon666 said:
Darker Than Black Season 1-Really solid stuff,i liked the way each episode was in two parts,it was abit of a slow burner for me and it took me a couple of episodes to finally sink my teeth into it but when i did i was glued to the screen and could not wait to watch each episode,great mix of action and drama and some comedy for the light relief,and a great mix of characters and a story that twists and turns and keeps you guessing until the end,just falls short of being a classic but it is still pretty essential stuff it you put the time into it you,ll be greatly rewarded.8/10.

i didn't reall like it but I think I was expecting something different and more actiony. I love the concept of contracters but I felt that it didn't really pick up enough for me to really get into.

Back