Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

I was thinking of it from the point of view of "if anime characters are sentient beings given life by their creators, would they resist emotional change in order to perpetuate the sale of chara goods for the benefit of their creators and tangentially the continued survival of their genus".

ilmaestro said:
I was thinking of it from the point of view of "if anime characters are sentient beings given life by their creators, would they resist emotional change in order to perpetuate the sale of chara goods for the benefit of their creators and tangentially the continued survival of their genus".
Ha! I understand that but I definitely meant it on a more personal level - why the **** are people watching (and buying!) these things if nothing ever changes? What's the gain for these people?

Jaymii said:
ilmaestro said:
Ha! I understand that but I definitely meant it on a more personal level - why the **** are people watching (and buying!) these things if nothing ever changes? What's the gain for these people?
They are caught in a feedback loop whereby they recognize buying chara goods = continuation of moe characters. This has lead to something of a God complex, as they enjoy having the existence of a whole culture in the palm of their hands and...

I got tired. :-/

Reaper gI said:
why we have our heros piloting mecha colour coded to match their plugsuits.
Except Shinji. His plug suit is white and blue and his Eva is purple and green. Oh and Rei, whose plugsuit is black and white and whose Eva is yellow and later blue.

Facetiousness aside, I can see your point about the influences which went into Evangelion, and the possible effects of some anime making adults (otaku) view the world in a somewhat childlike and simplistic manner (at least I think that's what you were doing). Mamoru Oshii would no doubt agree. I don't think it is purely otaku pandering anime which is having this effect however - consumerism as a whole works to keep alive the negative childish attitudes of "I want this and I want it now" and "I like this, give me more of this". There are however positive childish attitudes (such as the wonderment found in a character like Yotsuba) which it might benefit people to take into adulthood. Sadly, enjoying everything doesn't serve to generate profit, so consumer society pushes the identity of the consumer towards that of a spoilt, belligerent child. The otaku are just ahead of the curve; everybody else will be there soon enough.

Gurren Lagann

SO I've finally jumped onto the bandwagon to see what this fuss is about, and I have to say that this is one epic show, the characters are all very distinct, the action is concise and there's no filler crap! That and it's probably the biggest piece of motivation ever created, that stuff gave the show an unexpected emotional edge that makes the show rise up above it's peers, and is easily the best Mecha show I've seen since Neon Genesis Evangelion. "Believe in me who believes in you!"

10/10

moribito 9/10
very refreshing and the story is new and its different to any other anime iv ever seen
fantasy,
adventure,
and a great story
theres no filler its a good to watch

berserk
6/10
Meh. Not bad. Not great

good things:
Good animation considering its low budget
loads of violence
Guts is pretty cool

Bad things:
Didnt care for any of the characters. except for guts.
most of the time i found it boring!
The whole monster thing on the last 2 episode were good, but seemd like they were out of the blue.

I dont see why people like this so much. Its ok, but its overrated.
Sorry Berserk fans

mouse a good ecchi anime
i love love love love love love love fan service
the series was short and sweet not long and dull
its like ultimate girls it was like 12-15 mins long
il give it a 8/10
minus 1 for lack of story
minus 1 for not showing more fan service

Yeah i like Ninja Scroll the series. I loved it! Its one of my my favourite animes of all time!

So what if i found Berserk Boring? Its my opinion.

otaku no video - its like a story and what otaku do and what true otaku dose for a living 6/10

escaflowne movie - its like a retelling of the series but not exactly. it was a ok movie and is a go for escaflowne fans 8/10

the tower of druaga - i got to say this is probably the best fantasy anime iv ever seen its funny, its got romance, adventure, action, FANTASY mostly fantasy. at first i thought it was like the hack series but i was wrong its way way better. most of the characters are lovable and it all turns out great.
9.5 /10

Black blood brothers
3/10
The poor mans Hellsing

Good things:
some good action, even though there was little of it.

Bad things:
I hated the characters
Crappy story
Boring as hell
Ugly backgrounds
below average animation
Forgetable music

Death Note

Having watched this I believe this to be an epic story. Sometimes it did drag a bit, but there were so many twists and turns. However, the greatest thing about this is that I must confess that I wanted Light to win. I wanted a killer, a murderer, to win, and there was part of me that was dissapointed that in the end he didn't. One other thing that is of interest is that while many people outside of the anime fandom just consider anime to be violent, Death Note contains not that much gore because most people are killed by heart attacks. The DVDs are rated 12 except for the last two which are 15.

Score: 9/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian Wolf said:
Death Note

Having watched this I believe this to be an epic story. Sometimes it did drag a bit, but there were so many twists and turns. However, the greatest thing about this is that I must confess that I wanted Light to win. I wanted a killer, a murderer, to win, and there was part of me that was dissapointed that in the end he didn't. One other thing that is of interest is that while many people outside of the anime fandom just consider anime to be violent, Death Note contains not that much gore because most people are killed by heart attacks. The DVDs are rated 12 except for the last two which are 15.

Score: 9/10
I agree with you there,i also wanted Light to win as i think most of us in his shoes would do the exact same thing i know i would,he is one of my alltime fave anime characters,there is nothing wrong in wanting to rid the world of scum and get your own back on those who have wronged you but where do you draw the line,that was Lights downfall his own arrogance and ego,i hate to watch the last episode and see his downfall so i just watch up to episode 36 and imagine that Lights plan worked and he won.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back