Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

ayase said:
Doraemon666 said:
i also wanted Light to win as i think most of us in his shoes would do the exact same thing...
Nah. I'd just copy this out. Then I'd reload the page every day and do it again. Oh, and the same goes for this list... Whoops! Almost forgot this one.
oh yeah thats goes without saying and would be the best use of death note ever,just in most cases if it was real i think most people would use it for personal selfish reasons and the worst thing about us all is that we are only human and we as a whole are the worst thing about this planet.

X the series - i got to say the beginning of the series is good and the middle of it was good, i liked the characters, and the showdown music was awesome, but the ending DID NOT MAKE SENSE.

il give it a 7/10
minus 1 not telling me exactly what happened to the rest of the characters
minus 1 for a crappy ending
minus 1 for for not making sense at the end

Resident Evil de-generation. 5/10

Not too bad storywise but the more that i watched the moe i thought "this storyline is pretty much a copy paste of the cowboybebop movie storyline" man is screwed by a company, loses all he loves and becomes a terrorist. Both have a desease in them, both have death in them and both have a lead male thats detattached from where he is or what he's doing most of the time.

The thing is, i like cowboy bebop knocking on heavens door more than this, i was watching it and thinking "i could be asleep instead right now" overall i thought it was mediocre at best, graphics wise - from what i remember they are better than appleseeds CGI but nothing compared to FF.

Tachi said:
Resident Evil de-generation. 5/10

Not too bad storywise but the more that i watched the moe i thought "this storyline is pretty much a copy paste of the cowboybebop movie storyline" man is screwed by a company, loses all he loves and becomes a terrorist. Both have a desease in them, both have death in them and both have a lead male thats detattached from where he is or what he's doing most of the time.

The thing is, i like cowboy bebop knocking on heavens door more than this, i was watching it and thinking "i could be asleep instead right now" overall i thought it was mediocre at best, graphics wise - from what i remember they are better than appleseeds CGI but nothing compared to FF.
i know what you mean they both was similar

Slayers Next

I think this series had a different vibe to it, there wasn't a large story arc until about episode 18, the rest of the show felt like one mini arc and a series of self contained epsidoes with an underlying theme of finding the Claire Bible, I think it was a good idea to do this seeing as the previous season condensed down into two plot arcs one after the other, so it's refreshing, Xellos was a welcome addition to the cast, but Martina was incedibly annoying at times, overall this is a stronger season in my opinion purely because it's not quite as relentless.

10/10

Seitokai no Ichizon - 9/10.

I really enjoyed this series; the jokes and references to other anime series made me laugh but the storyline could have been slightly better.

haibane - is a happy little anime with lovable character in its own way, its really cute and even tho there very little story its not bad il think il give it a 7/10

hellsing - even tho i the ova rocks compared to this version it was kinda boring, the final villain was crappy and the backgrounds was just as bad and the famous fight scene anderson and alucard was short and so on il give it a 7 /10

the ova of hellsing was a 1000X better and so far im im on volume 4

golden boy its about a boy gose on a road trip to learn about the world after dropping out of college and he really is a nice guy trying to help people
its like 6 episodes long
a lil bit of fan service
a lovable character
a some funnys too
il give it a 8/10

Usagi Drop 1

I know I watch a lot of shonen; however, despite all their crazy-ass plot twists and shiz, the shows that really leave me speechless are those that don't rely on violence as their main form of entertainment - but shows that are touching, and have true character. Earlier this year we have Wandering Son tackling gender identity, and it has become one of my favourite shows. Now, we have a series that plans to tackle single parenthood.

After watching episode 1, what really struck me was how much of an outcast Rin was. As I myself am an outcast (for different reasons), watching Rin standing by herself really struck a chord with me. Yet, despite this, Rin has carried on and seems to be pretty mature (trying to fix the grandfather clock, and making Daikichi a rice ball).

The art style isn't flashy by any means; but it does the job. It looks beautiful and smooth without it having to be full of pretty bring colours.

I will definitely be watching Usagi Drop this season. This series looks like it has promise - don't let me down!

8/10

musashi - this wasn't so much a anime but was more of a documentary of the history of the legendary swordsmen musashi a samuari fought with two swords. even tho this wasn't a story but a anime documentary about a samuari ( which i think is a good idea ) i learned a little. but il have to give it a 7/10

trigun - what can i say about this great classic......... i mean no matter how many times i watch it i never get bored. il say this this anime is on par with cowboy bepbop, thats how good it is. if it was like the manga i think it would be a great alternate story too.
im going to give this funny classic a 10/10

Sacred Seven, After not watching much anime, coming back to seeing this in a Summer 2011 thread i was curious and in the end not disappointed! 8/10

Durarara + DVD specials - 8/10

Durarara, like the same author's Baccano, mixes an ostensibly normal urban environment, in this case Ikebukuro, with the fantastical (I had to check this was a real word btw) in a way that doesn't seem awkward at all. Alongside a bunch of typical high school students there's a mythical Irish fairy, cursed metallic objects, a couple of guys with superhuman strength, and various unusual happenings.

The show is split into three distinct arcs, which presents a small issue in that mysteries you expect to remain mysterious until the end are revealed at the end of these arcs. The structure is not entirely different to Baccano: events are presented out of chronology, often referred back to once the plot "catches up". It's not as chaotic and confusing as Baccano, though, with a clear "present day" where most of the story takes place.

A highlight for me was Durarara's characters and sense of fun, so it was a bit disappointng that the show became increasingly angsty as it went along, focusing more on the school kids than the eccentric weird and wonderful adults who make Ikebukuro such a colourful place.

VIsually the show is a bit inconsistent, with characters often sloppily rendered, but I can't complain about Brain's Base's gloriously detailed backgrounds, nor the animation which is fluid when it needs to be and functional at other times. The soundtrack is more impressive, featuring a number of memorable tunes to suit whatever mood the show is going for, and I loved all the OPs and EDs.

Some confusing things aside -- the whole second arc, for example, and what exactly it is that Kadota and his gang actually do -- Durarara is a fun ride. Just nowhere near as good as Baccano =)

Berserk 7.5/10

Overall I liked the characters and plot of the show but DEFINITELY could've done with some compression of plot. Some parts were dragged out a bit long. I don't know if it was being released roughly around the time of the manga thus dunno if this was just trying to keep pace, but with such a decompressed story ending the way it did (I'd heard the end was a cliffhangar but ending the way it did? It's the cliffhangar to hang other cliffs on....)

I'd like to see more from this universe so hopefully the upcoming movie plans and such won't disappoint.

Rozen Maiden & Traumend i really like the funnys in this anime but i was saddened on how the girls are sisters and why the fight. i enjoyed how the story progressed and they was all my favourites. i felt sorry for the first villain but i was happy she came back and i was relieved on how Shinku was relieved to see that Suigintou ok and was even crying with happiness to she was ok

il give this series a 8/10

Death Note things:

Doraemon666 said:
I agree with you there, I also wanted Light to win
For me, it wasn't so much that I wanted
Light to win, it was that I wanted either Light or L to win, not some sniveling little **** who just took random guesses and played with his toys

Last edited by a moderator:
Petopeto-san 6.5/10

Haven't watched this in years (Think I got the fansub in like 2007 or something) Anyway, I love the premise ('monsters' live alongside us, but suffer discrimination, though most are completely harmless) and it is quite fun at the start. However it was a little too moe for me at times and it really seemed to flag too much for me in its later parts - most of the original premise seemed to submerge into slice of life. Still fun and quite cute, but fell away towards the end a little for me.

Though the sight of the 'stone girl' appearing out of a wall with 'The walls have eyes AND ears' on her forehead still cracked me up this time around. 8)

ilmaestro said:
Death Note things:

Doraemon666 said:
I agree with you there, I also wanted Light to win
Light to win, it was that I wanted either Light or L to win, not some sniveling little **** who just took random guesses and played with his toys
Totally agree with you there.The single most annoying aspect of the series.

Doraemon666 said:
ilmaestro said:
Totally agree with you there.The single most annoying aspect of the series.
I recently [re-]watched the series (well, almost finished) and actually felt lot of the L stuff could have been so might tighter. People may not like Near or Mello as characters or whatever, but the show itself amped up considerably once L died. The Yotsuba/handcuffing/etc arcs it turns this weird melodrama into a cartoon. It's forgettable and awkward. L's death was needed, but also, both Mello and Near did needed to die too (or disappear for a while at least). The show could have easily escalated into an amazing farce with Light almost being a ruler of the world. Two detectives and he's gone? Kind of pathetic. Just make it bigger and bigger, more and more ludicrous for ever and ever. Seriously.

Back