PSN update from Sony - Not good news.

The PSN is back up and running again, although as we expected, not every service is up and running just yet. What is available:

Sign-in for PlayStation®Network and Qriocity services, including the resetting of passwords
Restoration of online game-play across PS3 and PSP
Playback rental video content, if within rental period, of PlayStation Network Video Delivery Service on PS3, PSP and MediaGo
Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity, for current subscribers, on PS3 and PC
Access to 3rd party services such as Netflix, Hulu, Vudu and MLB.tv
‘Friends’ category on PS3, including Friends List, Chat Functionality, Trophy Comparison, etc
PlayStation Home

there is a firmware update which they will push you to download when you sign in (3.6.1) and it is mandatory, so you'll need to grab that. But yeah, it's all piecing itself back together finally. I expect that date of the end of may for the store being back up is a little more likely now.

Arbalest said:
The PSN is back up and running again, although as we expected, not every service is up and running just yet. What is available:

Sign-in for PlayStation®Network and Qriocity services, including the resetting of passwords
Restoration of online game-play across PS3 and PSP
Playback rental video content, if within rental period, of PlayStation Network Video Delivery Service on PS3, PSP and MediaGo
Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity, for current subscribers, on PS3 and PC
Access to 3rd party services such as Netflix, Hulu, Vudu and MLB.tv
‘Friends’ category on PS3, including Friends List, Chat Functionality, Trophy Comparison, etc
PlayStation Home

there is a firmware update which they will push you to download when you sign in (3.6.1) and it is mandatory, so you'll need to grab that. But yeah, it's all piecing itself back together finally. I expect that date of the end of may for the store being back up is a little more likely now.

Actually it was an update prior to the restoration. It didn't mean the psn was back (as many people on facebook and indeed myself ran the update then tried to open out psn's to no avail, the message about maintenance was still there)

19.00 GMT the PSN was back up and running.

Apparently, according to their twitter, The PSN restoration process started about 8pm. It's a phased restoration, so things will go up slowly but surely.

Microsoft blocking password reset emails

If your trying to reset your psn password, microsoft is blocking most of the password reset emails to filter them every few an hour.

major pisstake. You will have a 24 hour window in which the password reset email will be valid. in cases the password reset emails haven't been delivered at all or if at all, 24+ hours. leading you to request another password reset email....

Nice one microsoft (sarcasm) making the unknowledgable PS fans rage at sony even more when its a rival company who's actually to blame.

get your pitch forks and torches.... go burn down a microsoft building.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/

Now that certain PSN services have been restored and you’re once again enjoying online gaming, it seems a good time to confirm what is being offered as part of the Welcome Back programme.
Once we restore PlayStation Store, which will be just a little while longer, you will have the opportunity to claim your Welcome Back gifts. Please note that the Welcome Back programme is only available for those countries with access to PlayStation Store*.
All existing PlayStation Network members will be able to access the following from PlayStation Store*:
Two PS3 games from the following list:
LittleBigPlanet
Infamous*
Wipeout HD/Fury
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Dead Nation*
For those with PSP accounts, you will also be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list:
LittleBigPlanet PSP
ModNation PSP
Pursuit Force
Killzone Liberation*
- 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PS Plus subscribers*
- Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will be given 60 days free subscription.
- For existing Music Unlimited subscribers, you will be given 30 days free subscription.
- We are working on a Welcome Back offer in PlayStation Home and will share that when it is confirmed.
I would like to thank all of the developers and publishers involved in this programme for their support in making this happen. We certainly couldn’t have done it without you.
You will be able to access this content once PlayStation Store comes back online and we are doing everything we can to make that happen as soon as possible.

Nice. ^_^ I'll be getting Infamous and Wipeout then. :D

Pretty naff line up of games to be honest... Infamous and LBP are awesome but alot of people have them already... Except for Mutsumi aparently :p

Mutsumi said:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/

All existing PlayStation Network members will be able to access the following from PlayStation Store*:
Two PS3 games from the following list:
LittleBigPlanet
Infamous*
Wipeout HD/Fury
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Dead Nation*

For those with PSP accounts, you will also be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list:
LittleBigPlanet PSP
ModNation PSP

Pursuit Force
Killzone Liberation*

- 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PS Plus subscribers*
You will be able to access this content once PlayStation Store comes back online and we are doing everything we can to make that happen as soon as possible.

Things in bold interest me :p

Taylor said:
Pretty naff line up of games to be honest... Infamous and LBP are awesome but alot of people have them already... Except for Mutsumi aparently :p

*cough*

well I have been working toward other such nice titles, such as AT3. Though it seems the store is unavailable at the moment though these titles will be on my list to get

I know what you mean, the EU playstation website has people complaining about already having the titles (im personally happy as i haven't bought infamous or wipeout or dead nation so... winning.

Guess it'll be Dead Nation and Ratchet for me. Got Wipeout (awesome), played inFamous (meh), and have never been able to muster any interest in LBP.

On the PSP side... eh. Pursuit Force and ModNation probably.

Tachi- said:
I know what you mean, the EU playstation website has people complaining about already having the titles (im personally happy as i haven't bought infamous or wipeout or dead nation so... winning.

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fxVb5mlN-W0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fxVb5mlN-W0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Too little, too late, Sony, already bought a replacement 360. At least next time there won't be so many left using the console for them to **** up on such a large scale.

Ilmae.... i'm dissappointed with you.

even that 360 fanboy fabloony thought the games offered where ok.

An anyway, what did you guys truly thing was gunna happen?

Their giving away games that are popular (on the ps3 atleast) its always a high possibility that people will own the popular titles, but if they gave you shite games instead, you'd still complain.

The games aren't the last of it, the free month of playstation + means you can download free games, so your not just limited to the games stated.

Indeed, however i think it's not the games that are the problem for this, i think it was the way it was handled overall, or more to the point, how it wasn't handled. As such a large company as Sony, the last thing you expect is for them to be hacked, and now that they havem the trust that was once with the company has wavered. Not for everyone mind you, but there is certainly a lot of people who now deem Sony as the weaker of the three. You can't really blame them for that way of thinking either. Free games? cool, free PS+? cool, will it bring back all the trust? no. Shiny things maybe nice, but they can't hide what happened. Apologies for such a situation only help so far.

For this one, time will heal the wounds they've had hopefully, but yeah. That will only work for those that never got their monies hacked(anywhere but Germany, spain, etc)

Well, after looking into who did it and why i'm not completely at ease with the possibility of my credit card or home (P.I ) details in the hands of "Anonymous" but they didn't do it for the money, they where doing it to strike back about the "Other OS" Feature which was taken away from the ps3s.

I doubt people believe sony is now the weaker of the 3 for this, at the end of the day the proccessing power of the ps3 is higher than the 360, the free gaming vs 360's month/yearly subscriptions, prices are suitable now for a ps3 (£180-£250 depending on GB, you can't even buy a laptop with the same specs for that cheap) the graphics aren't to be sneered at and unlike the wii, its a serious console. not one for drunkards and kids to wave a remote around the room for basic graphics.

The only game that pushes the wii is Monster hunter tri, i'm yet to see anything more than ps2 graphics at best. yeah its got free online play and apps like internet and bbc iplayer but the "store" is shoddy and although a fun little console, the GC had more entertaining games (splinter cell, time splitters 2 and prince of persia to name but a few)

360, apart from the subscription fees (and come on, its the only console this gen that charges to play online.... why? its adding a negative to them for no reason) the xbox hasn't been in the gaming scene as long as sony or nintendo but tbf their actually going well, and fair play to them. where sony took a gamble with the new bluray, microsoft went for the already reliable HD option, both of which are pretty much the same quality when a HDMI cable is connected to a decent tv setup. the 360 has had its overheating problems but thats mostly sorted now.

WRT comparing the 3, ps3 and 360 are still on par. sony have stepped up their game on internet/PI security, its easy to slag them off for some, but people need to also take into account WHO hacked them.... were talking about a headless hacking group/semi organization that have taken websites like amazon down before, it isn't a sunday hacker who got bored.... its hackers with skill who've planned and operated the attacks. the Wii is a party games console for the easy gamer/kids audience.

ilmaestro said:
Too little, too late, Sony, already bought a replacement 360. At least next time there won't be so many left using the console for them to **** up on such a large scale.

Replacement 360? Implying you have some experience of the 360's poor reliability already...

Well it is your money, but buying a 360 now is a little wasteful, seeing as the console is near the end of its life and there is apparently going to be an announcement at E3 about the successor to the 360, planned for release next year.

Also, hurray for free games! All Microsoft gave customers when xbox live went down for a couple of weeks was some £4 download game. At least Sony are compensating us properly.

Mutsumi said:
ilmaestro said:

Replacement 360? Implying you have some experience of the 360's poor reliability already...

If he means replacement for the ps3, what a waste of money... you've bought ps3 games and no doubt a second controller, one thing happens and you buy a xbox.... wow, you mustn't have to worry about bills, even i'm finding it high to spend as carefree as i used to.

Mutsumi said:
Well it is your money, but buying a 360 now is a little wasteful, seeing as the console is near the end of its life and there is apparently going to be an announcement at E3 about the successor to the 360, planned for release next year.

Wow, already? the slim 360 only came out last year or the year before.... Doubt it'll be classified as the next gen though, it'll be added to the current gen classification (considering when someone says "next gen" most people still automatically think 360, ps3 and wii).

Mutsumi said:
Also, hurray for free games! All Microsoft gave customers when xbox live went down for a couple of weeks was some £4 download game. At least Sony are compensating us properly.

Burn... :lol:

Back