PSN update from Sony - Not good news.

-Tachi- said:
ilmaestro said:
Ironically the JP store came back sooner, despite it taking so long for the government to allow them to re-open PSN in any fashion.

Where've you heard this?
I actually read it on one of NCSX's news entries, but it appears they just phrased something awkwardly. They said they had ordered in a fresh bunch of JP PSN credit tokens "to celebrate the return of the Japanese PSN store", but logging in to my account it appears that it is just the return of the online functions that were already restored to the other zones (which had been delayed in Japan due to aforementioned government intervention). Sorry. :(

Ahh no worries :)

PlayStation Network is offline for scheduled maintenance from 16:30 on Wednesday 1 June 2011 until 07:01 on Thursday 2 June 2011, GMT

During the maintenance, you will be unable to access the following services:

PlayStation Store on PS3 and PSP.
PlayStation Network Account Management.
PlayStation Network Account Registration.

Seems like they'll do the maintenance today so its a 50/50 chance they may indeed have the store back up within the next 24 to 48 hours (if it follows the same pattern the password update the other week did)

I noticed this too with addons to Ar tonelico and Hyperdimension neptunia.

I sure hope you didn't have to register your ps3 to get the welcome back package

ilmaestro said:
What do you mean "register"? I think you needed to have a PSN account set-up, that was all.

I think it was something to win a "Prize draw", which is pointless since I have plenty of draws

Otaku-san said:
ilmaestro said:
What do you mean "register"? I think you needed to have a PSN account set-up, that was all.

I think it was something to win a "Prize draw", which is pointless since I have plenty of draws

Do you have a prize in your drawers though? :lol:

Well, after 4 pointless calls to sony customer support. i've been assured that within 48 hours my account will be accessible again (reached my 5 accounts limit)

So far all the support team seem to be a collection of the nations most skilled retards. Only 1 was of any help and i hope she's managed to sort it. Otherwise i'm screwed (i'll lose out on the welcome pack i deserve)

So, the plan? if push comes to shove i'll get myself down to maplins and fix the 60gig ps3 that currently has YLoD, deactivate the account myself and then download the infamous game i'm entitled to on the new ps3.

Back