PSN update from Sony - Not good news.

This opinion comes across much better than the rest. And is very much true to how a lot of the community is taking this:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDaBHRQiz6g?fs=1&hl=en_GB&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDaBHRQiz6g?fs=1&hl=en_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

So yeah, i'm not the only one thinking people decided to do this primarily as a challenge.

@Jayme. I'll go get yer proof. I'm gonna do my exam first. Proving some small-time thing comes after the important grade-deciding exams ;p

okay im now alittle bit confused.

my ps3 started yellow lighting problems as soon as i tried to sync my facebook to the ps3. was hoping it was just the end of the problems when this all came out. now i'm not sure whats to blame, my ps3 either died from overheating, or from syncing to facbook the moment the servers where cut.

not happy that someone may have my bank account details though. or my emails address.

if anyone has stolen PI like that then i expect sony to foot the bill.

Arbalest said:
This opinion comes across much better than the rest.
As opinions from moderately attractive ladies tend to do!

Also:

"We are working on a new system software update that will require all users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored"

ffs, if this involves knowing what your old password was I'm ****ed, as I've had it set to auto sign-in for 4+ years.

ilmaestro said:
Arbalest said:
This opinion comes across much better than the rest.
As opinions from moderately attractive ladies tend to do!

Also:

"We are working on a new system software update that will require all users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored"

ffs, if this involvs knowing what your old password was I'm ****ed, as I've had it set to auto sign-in for 4+ years.

Seriously? :O

in the same boat as you then :( (buying new ps3 tomorrow.... hell yeah, all ps3 data still on dead ps3.... ahh hell :/ )

and its anothere system update.... i remember the old days where the system updates used to take about an hour! (now more like 15 mins if that) i wonder how long this one will take considering its got alot to fix :(

Any confirmation if anon where to blame for this?

@Tachi: The only thing i've found in regards to the whole hacking bit was that Anon where not involved. They never stepped forward and took the credit. So it seems to me that some other group may have been behind it. Or some say it could have just been one person. So yeah, hard to say. No idea if we'll get the real person caught anytime soon.

@ilmae: Yeah, but that wasn't why i said it was a good opinion >.> good looks help push it onto others thoug *cough*

Oh, and last thing. No credit details where stolen. All your monies are safe

Maxon said:
I'll just try each password in my set of passwords that I use for everything and hope it doesn't lock me out. :roll:

Lol, same here >.<

Arbalest said:
Oh, and last thing. No credit details where stolen. All your monies are safe

C'mon Arb, you wouldn't accept someone else saying that without requesting a source would you? I want a source before I believe something as important as this!

Sometimes it does get tedious, that password thing. I have about six variations of about three passwords. Ugh. I think I know my PSN one though.

Tach, reminds me of a mate who tried to sync his iPhone and facebook or something and ended up losing all his phone data somehow.

Arbz, sure. I be waiting.

@Shirayuri: Read above. Mutsumi linked the Sony Q&A-1. Credit details where encrypted, and at present, there is no evidence that any credit details where taken since the encryption wasn't breached. If anything was, noone will have your security code as it is never asked for. So until Sony tell us otherwise, we're left assuming that the credit details are left untouched. Keep an eye on that blog which was linked however, i expect the next time they get an update, they'll say more on what's what.

i dislike the way the americans have got things sorted.... what about the rest of the world? its okay US politicians fighting for security insurance and this that the other but what about us in the UK? the UK politicians will probably take note of this after the royal wedding and assume all is well.

¬___¬ man i hate england sometimes.

I'm with arby and the link on page 2, no security 3 digits taken so alls well on that front, but what about not having access to the PSN?! i'd love to know if this knocked my ps3 out of whack or what. (looking at sony to recover my ps3)

i'm the original 60gb model... i deserve some higher attention!

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

PSN should be up this week. and to compensate everyone on the problems. sony are offering the following

Central components of the “Welcome Back” program will include:

Each territory will be offering selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download. Specific details of this content will be announced in each region soon.
All existing PlayStation Network customers will be provided with 30 days free membership in the PlayStation Plus premium service. Current members of PlayStation Plus will receive 30 days free service.
Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity subscribers (in countries where the service is available) will receive 30 days free service.

and of course, more stuff will be offered over the next few weeks as well.

for the full thing, here ye go

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/ ... this-week/

I'm relaxed about the detail theft, since I know it happens all the time and gets hushed up. I had £500 stolen from my credit card balance after using a brand new card once at Pizza Hut online, and of course they never said a word. It was disappointing when I requested the £500 transaction details from Mastercard and saw the criminal had also got my real address and name details from that leak. I got the money credited back in the end. Stuff happens. It sucks.

Anyway, really looking forward to PSN coming back up so I can get the upcoming DW7 DLC and stop enduring Gan Ning in English.

R

Jaymii said:
I wouldn't have even used it over this time, so free stuff is quite good. Yay.
I don't use it much but it's annoying that I couldn't do any software updates. I couldn't even play MK.

Thanks Sony, I really only care about PSN being up in time for me to download the BlazBlue CSII patch and buy my Platinum DLC though, thanks.

Looking forward to the free stuff, i posted this on my facebook which led to an argument between ps and xbox fanboys :p

But basically, the FBI are involved with the security of bank account details now. So rest assured that if something does foul up, we can blame the FBI too ;)

Anyway, Resetting passwords on the ps3 the account was created with is a good idea, looks like i'll be resetting mine via email address though. (3rd ps3 *sigh* going to reflow the processors later tonight hopefully)

Back