Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

Now that I've received my last delivery, for some time. I can now post an updated collection picture!
You guys may notice that my anime collection has grown!
View attachment 7086
Sorry for the bad quality lol, but had to take them in a hurry.
Here's my two other collections (asian cinema and "normal" live-action). Both have shrinked in size, as I'm watching the stuff I actually have!
View attachment 7087
View attachment 7088
Photos look fine! I spends ages trying to get mine to look half decent but the lighting in my room doesn’t agree with my phone’s camera it seems.

The lighting on the live-action films look horrible, as they are behind the frame-cabinet that I've built. With normal lighting the pictures look somewhat decent, but others are too noisy/grainy.
I just don’t have a lot of room to manoeuvre. I have to sit on my bed to take pictures of my main shelves. Happy to have sorted them out though, looks much nicer now.

Your collection looks really neat, I would love shelves like that. However, I think they collect a lot of dust, with a frame as a door I can avoid that lol.
If I could afford doors I would! They’re not too bad for dust actually, plus I use those steelbook wraps which keep my sets dust free. Now if only I could keep dust away from my TV unit...

I see you've put your Ghibli Collection in their strange number order rather than alphabetical or, like me, chronological (original theatrical release year).

Collection update time!
About 3 months since I've last done this, and there's been some changes. Mostly, I've taken the stuff out that I could only picture myself not watching ever again. At the moment I've got two anime on order (Black Lagoon OVA and Dragon Ball Z Tree of Might/Lord Slug), so I thought this would be a good time to give an update, I've basically cleaned out in the collection.
View attachment 8376
I've decided to put everything under just anime, before I had the Ghibli and the Dragon Ball for themselves.
Titles that I still haven't seen, which means I'm unsure about (other than the DBZ films and DB Super):
  • Black Lagoon
  • High School of the Dead + OVA
  • Liz and the Blue Bird
  • Maquia - When the Promised Flower Blooms
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Samurai Bride
  • Samurai Champloo
  • Sword Art Online II
  • Sword Art Online - Ordinal Scale
  • Triage X
  • The Wind Rises
  • Witchblade
The clear case on the bottom is Steins;Gate, which I've just made ready for the custom cover.

Other two collections:
I feel sorry for Seven Samurai, all on its own 😥

This is my collection as of May 2019, although I used to have a hell of a lot more a decade ago when I pretty much had mainly DVD collections - I try to keep a streamline collection with stuff I know I would watch again and again; in particular I am proud to own the original JP Blu ray Box of Ergo Proxy, which is my all-time favourite Anime and is long OOP. This edition appears to sell for £500 plus on various online retailers. As well, I love my AnimEigo Kickstarter BD sets ;).

... in particular I am proud to own the original JP Blu ray Box of Ergo Proxy, which is my all-time favourite Anime and is long OOP. This edition appears to sell for £500 plus on various online retailers.

Ooo yes, I do love my JP Ergo Proxy Blu-ray Box - the finish on the outside box is so velvety smooth to the touch... Glad to see someone else with a copy in their collection, nice pick! The series is one of my top favorites as well, and fits my Girls with Guns anime theme, too!

Ooo yes, I do love my JP Ergo Proxy Blu-ray Box - the finish on the outside box is so velvety smooth to the touch... Glad to see someone else with a copy in their collection, nice pick! The series is one of my top favorites as well, and fits my Girls with Guns anime theme, too!

Also glad to know someone else has it :) would be nice to see your collection!

I literally spent years scouring eBay, Japanese retailers and other sites for this edition and barely found nothing, but when there was a copy, you would be talking £500 - 1000! However, two years ago, someone on eBay from Birmingham had a sealed copy for £150, but I haggled it to £120. Felt like bloody Xmas when I got it! To top it off, it is Region B and has English Dub!

Also glad to know someone else has it :) would be nice to see your collection!

My collection is posted up just three pages back, actually...

Girls with Guns Anime Collection

My anime collecting is primarily focused on English friendly JP releases, Korean Lenticular LE sets, and Aniplex of America releases. Just those fill one entire 36" wide, 8-shelf media unit - 6 shelves of JP and KR sets and 2 shelves of AoA titles - and still growing!

My only complaint with the JP Ergo Proxy release is that it is English-dub-only - I'm a diehard subber, so I also have Funimation's Anime Classics DVD set and their more recent Blu-ray release so I am able to watch the series in Japanese with English subtitles.

Last edited:
At last, it is done!
Yes, yes, I know things look a bit messy

First of all there were these little wood pegs I had to glue into the top, bottom and the middle shelf, that was all I needed it for though see glue in hell!
It was pretty straight forward at that part, then came the tacks to support the back... and me without the hammer, meh well a random heavy wrench did the job. The doors are glass and the hinges were a bit fiddly, but that actually took less time than the tacks.
All in all, about 3 or 4 hours straight work

Well, in the end it took my entire collection (apart from the stuff I still have for sale) but... it filled up the whole thing!
Hmm... The brother has the big room in the house... should I go all freiza and just take some of his estate for my own?

Back