Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

Meant to do this for a while now, but waited until the dust settled down as i had a lot of anime titles on order. So finally another shelf was cleared here and some order was made in the collection, now finally i can show some photos.

The anime BD and DVD market is still rather new to me, as i only got hooked watching anime since last year in June. That's also when i started buying more anime titles mostly on Blu-ray and some on DVD than i did before. In the past i only knew Ghibli, but there's sure a whole lot more to enjoy in anime :wink:

The only title missing from the photos is the French edition of Garden of Sinners, with it's height of 41 cm (a good 16 inch) it's hard to place this on a book shelf :)

Everything is ordered per publisher, first the blu-ray's and then the DVD's

Overview

GroteFoto-HG8A7RTF.jpg

GroteFoto-V3ZX4SMH.jpg

Left bookshelf

GroteFoto-8ODWWANQ.jpg

GroteFoto-8L8OBQWW.jpg

GroteFoto-DYJ6EO8Z.jpg

GroteFoto-6FBUWOFU.jpg

Right bookshelf

GroteFoto-J3DEXWAK.jpg

GroteFoto-Y3MUAUZI.jpg

GroteFoto-DA7REG36.jpg

GroteFoto-87P6QGWR.jpg

GroteFoto-8VK8AC8O.jpg

Nice. I do like how you have a mixture of UK, French, US and Japanese sets on your collection.

Considering you just started in June (in terms of buying them) that's a pretty impressive bunch of shows you picked up.

---

In case anyone is asking for an update on mine I decided not to make one in January due to the lack of sets I got in Q3 and also due to a late update (Update #3 was originally scheduled for June, but was delayed to September due to some more items picked up). I'll probably make one in April but chances are you'll have to wait until June at the very least. If you haven't seen my previous collection updates, I'll have a link here.

I should probably get a new shelf as well.

Nice collection you've got there. I'm also pretty jealous of all the space you've got to keep everything.

britguy said:
@stilvun awesome collection, what are the three big boxes on the second shelf on the left next to K-On?
Gargantia JP BD Boxes.

Thanks all. Well should slow down with buying, because i also have to see them off course :)

@britguy, like Mangaranga said these are indeed the Japanese Gargantia BD boxes. There is also one released there for the OVA. For the sake of being complete i think i'll order this one soon.

Can I ask where the Hunter x Hunter sets are from? They look very nice. I especially like the look of the Greed Island/Greed Island Final box!

Your collection is lovely and I love the layout. Very nice! It's a fantastic mixture of titles and releases.

PandoraHane said:
Can I ask where the Hunter x Hunter sets are from? They look very nice. I especially like the look of the Greed Island/Greed Island Final box!

Since my native tongue is Dutch i have some French and Dutch releases on my shelfs. Hunter x Hunter is the French release by Dybex. No English dub but has Dutch subtitles.

In fact since i'm Dutch speaking i look at dubs in a different way than most folks here i guess. To be frank i couldn't care less for dubs :D Mostly find them distracting and sometimes not very well done.

kuuderes_shadow said:
That's just 7 months' of collection? Wow.

Well not all :) I did already have the Ghibli BD's/DVD's, Patlabor movies, Robotech, most of the Kazé titles and then some others.

@SunlightHeart, animefreak17 thanks, i'm almost blushing here :)

Oooh interesting! I'm only really interested in sub myself too, it doesn't matter if a dub is on a release to me, as I generally just won't bother with it.

You should be very proud of your collection, it's excellent!

Update time. One or two things missing but this is rather more complete than my last one was, plus there's a lot of new stuff:

Shelf 1: DVDs part 1. Not going to bother listing these. The front row is the first parts of series, the back row is later parts. Angelic layer 3 is missing from the back row because it isn't in a DVD case:
r1KjKQL.jpg

AoSxjJj.jpg

Shelf 2: DVDs part 2. This time there's too many boxsets to properly fill the back part. On top is the Yuyushiki anime guidebook
1dElTOC.jpg

Axe6C1Y.jpg

Shelf 3: UK Blu-Rays. MVM stuff on the left, Manga UK on the right. Unlike last time, the order is somewhat erratic.
NZh8Wzf.jpg

Shelf 4: Non-UK anime. Japanese releases except where mentioned otherwise.
L-R:
Gekijouban Madoka Magica Hangyaku no Monogatari RE BR // Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT volume 2 BR + first press bonus // Shinsekai Yori volume 1 BR (not particularly visible in the picture, sorry) // Non Non Biyori 1-6 BR + first press bonus for all // Non Non Biyori manga 7 LE with OVA // Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru volume 1 BR + first press bonus // Yuru Yuri (US release)
svBoqMd.jpg

Shelf 5 front part: Seven Seas / Dark Horse/ADV/Vertical manga
L-R:
A Certain Scientific Railgun // Arpeggio of Blue Steel // Haganai // Kashimashi
Gate 7 // OreImo // Rozen Maiden // Tengai Retrogical // Flowers of Evil
cZ7UeIp.jpg

Shelf 5 back: Larger english language manga volumes (which as such won't fit on the other shelves)
L-R:
Azumanga Daioh // X (omnibus) // Higurashi Demon Exposing arc // Shoulder-A-Coffin Kuro // Sunshine Sketch // Vinland Saga // Death Note
8yRC4Dx.jpg

Shelf 6: Kodansha/Del Rey/Tanoshimi manga
front L-R
Attack on Titan // Genshiken // I Am Here! // Noragami // Sankarea
cHUE4Se.jpg

back L-R
Negima // UQ Holder // Tsubasa // The Wallflower
dINb2dw.jpg

Shelf 7 and 8: Viz media
7 back L-R:
Bakuman // Hayate // InuYasha // Natsume's Book of Friends
KsOlOAm.jpg

7 front -> 8 front L-R:
Nura // Psyren // Rin-ne // Rosario Vampire season 1
DpENXUN.jpg

HrwaVDs.jpg

8 back L-R:
Rosario Vampire Season 2 // Tegami Bachi // Toriko
4sYFhdL.jpg

Shelf 9-10: Yen Press manga
Shelf 9 L-R:
Bamboo Blade // Black Butler // DRRR // Goudere Sora Nagihara // Haruhi-chan // Higurashi // Inu x Boku SS
OBAeVhm.jpg

Shelf 10 front L-R:
Is this a Zombie? // My Girlfriend is a Geek (note: volume 4 missing from picture - it fell on the floor and I forgot to pick it up again) // The Melancholy of Kyon & Koizumi (which is where that missing volume should be) // Nabari no Ou
1HBkVOU.jpg

Shelf 10 back L-R
Omamori Himari // Kazumi/Madoka/Oriko Magica // Yotsuba&! // Nagato Yuki-chan
oF55njw.jpg

Shelf 11-12: bunkobon shelves (mostly light novels, arranged by label)
Shelf 11 L-R:
Mahou Shoujo Karimenkyo // Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai // No Game No Life // Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance // Tsurugi no Joou to Rakuin no Ko // Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai // Outbreak Company // Shinonome Yuuko series // 7-byougo no Sakata-san to, Ore // Galge no Sekai yo, Youkoso // Kokoro Connect // Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Ita Koro...... // Aoi Haruno Subete
EGWTA0s.jpg

Shelf 12 Front L-R
Date A Live // Hitsugi no Chaika // Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata // Tokyo Ravens // Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi // Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru // Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai-kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? // Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu // Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru // GJ-Bu Chuutoubu // Jinsei // Oda Nobuna no Yabou // Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de
VzoOkKB.jpg

Shelf 12 Back L-R:
Ore ga Heroine wo Tasukesugite Sekai ga Little Mokushiroku!? // Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? // Strike the Blood // Bakumatsu Mahoushi // Lucky Chance! // Accel World // Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo // Murasakiiro no Qualia // Tokage no Ou // Hataraku! Maou-sama // Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei // Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora // Hyouka // Shinsekai Yori // Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou
Qhgi72w.jpg

Shelf 13: English light novels (and non-light novels published under a light novel label)
Front L-R:
Another // Strawberry Panic // Guin Saga // Sword Art Online // Index // DanMachi // Accel World
EP6rtcq.jpg

Back L-R:
Kieli // Haruhi // Book Girl // Spice and Wolf
kQGYsFe.jpg

Shelf 14: Square Enix manga (+ Fatalizer, which is by Kobayashi Ritz who I have a ton of other stuff on this shelf by, and also log horizon which doesn't go anywhere)
L-R (main shelf only)
Saki // Saki: Achiga-hen // Saki Biyori // Shinohayu // Fatalizer // Zettai Reiiki // Tasogare Otome x Amnesia // WataMote // Isshuukan Friends // Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun // Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku
h1kbhB4.jpg

Shelf 15-16: Other Japanese manga
Shelf 15 front L-R
Teekyuu // Yama no Susume // Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii // Nukoduke! // Sakurasaku Syndrome // Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun // Sabagebu! // Non Non Biyori
L1pmcJx.jpg

Shelf 15 back L-R
Medaka Box // magico // Yotsubato! // Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou // KamiNomi // Vinland Saga // Liar Game // Tsurugi no Joou to Rakuin no Ko // Iris Zero // Hoshi no Samidare
9BMVkSr.jpg

Shelf 16 L-R:
Hanayamata // Miyakawa-ke Kuufuku // Mikakunin de Shinkoukei // Tonari no Kashiwagi-san // Kotoura-san // Morita-san wa Mukuchi // Houkago Atelier Toiro // Sakura Trick // Kiniro Mosaic // A Channel // Rakka Ryuusui // Yuyushiki // Love Lab // Re-Kan! // YuruYuri
YGXPIbt.jpg

Figures not in the pictures as they didn't want to have their photos taken.

Sora Takeuchi said:
Were do you buy you japanese manga?

honto.jp for the most part.
I bought a few things from amazon back when I didn't know better and have bought a few harder to find things (although these are mainly light novels) from various other sites. EDIT: actually, the only Japanese manga that doesn't come from honto or amazon is Non Non Biyori volume 7.

Stiivun said:
PandoraHane said:

Since my native tongue is Dutch i have some French and Dutch releases on my shelfs. Hunter x Hunter is the French release by Dybex. No English dub but has Dutch subtitles.

In fact since i'm Dutch speaking i look at dubs in a different way than most folks here i guess. To be frank i couldn't care less for dubs :D Mostly find them distracting and sometimes not very well done.

kuuderes_shadow said:
That's just 7 months' of collection? Wow.

Well not all :) I did already have the Ghibli BD's/DVD's, Patlabor movies, Robotech, most of the Kazé titles and then some others.

@SunlightHeart, animefreak17 thanks, i'm almost blushing here :)

But mines bigger........*giggling*

Nine months since my last update. Collection is still nowhere near as big as it used to be, but I'm happy with what I have. A few more titles I'm still meaning to get, luckily my birthday is coming up.
I rarely buy DVD's unless it's an absolute favorite, or I got it really cheap.
Forgot to snap my Ghibli Blu-Rays, but they're on the shelf above.

2mfkvif.jpg

Back