Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

Nice - very tidy! With the number of old single volumes I have I'd never be able to get mine into that sort of shape without getting rid of them.

Once I've managed to replace my ebay mishap purchases (if you know what I mean), I'll take a photo of mine in it's shiny goodness :3

Loving peoples collections and how they have them :)

I'm going for alphabetical with mine. With my films I went genre then alphabetical but thats lost its order :p

I don't seen the point alphabeting them because when you do that there is always the problem of series that goes with other series and has a different name...........like A.D police and bubble gum crisis for example .....or putting your favourite anime in one place and your least favourite in another place

animefreak17 said:
I don't seen the point alphabeting them because when you do that there is always the problem of series that goes with other series and has a different name...........like A.D police and bubble gum crisis for example .....or putting your favourite anime in one place and your least favourite in another place

Nooo you still need to alphabetise! It's annoying when the title changes for spin-offs, or even worse, when the US company changes the name but you have a mix of English and Japanese volumes - especially when the Japanese name was already in English and starts with a completely different letter of the alphabet. I bend the rule for things like Di Gi Charat and Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat and they're both next to one another even though the 'subtitle' goes at the front.

My favourite anime takes up an entire shelf despite being short because I've bought it so many times, so I don't have the latter problem :D

R

I alphabetise everything, but like Rui, related series stay together so the rule gets bent slightly if they have different names. The first example which comes to mind is manga, but it still works. The Cain Saga and Godchild are right next to each other, because Godchild is the sequel to the Cain Saga. I couldn't have (the) Cain Saga, then everything else beginning with Ce-Gi, then Godchild. That would just be wrong.

For my regular blu-ray collection is also alphabetise, as otherwise i wouldn't be able to find anything back :)

But for anime i order them by publisher, mostly because the box heights stay the same for special editions like those for Anime Ltd. and Funimation. Only exception is NISA who changed their boxes considerably. But all this might change in the future, i'm not fixated on how it's ordered now :wink:

Mine go in some sort of genre order but sometimes I do get a bit stuck as to where to put stuff.

The only exception is Studio Ghibli stuff as its all numbered so they always go in number order.

Guess your cursed a bit then when Castle of Cagliostro didn't have a number at all on the sleeve spine, and the fact that Kiki's Delivery Service got the same number ( 5 ) as Whisper of the Heart has :D

Stiivun said:
Guess your cursed a bit then when Castle of Cagliostro didn't have a number at all on the sleeve spine, and the fact that Kiki's Delivery Service got the same number ( 5 ) as Whisper of the Heart has :D

I don't have Whisper of the Heart, lol

I do have Cagliostro but that's an exception to the Ghibli rule, haha

RE: Ghibli numbers, you can request correctly numbered slipcovers from studio canal, a few of us on here did so ..all free, they pay postage too :3

I keep the Anime Limited stuff together, looks better that way, followed by alphabetical however the Monogatari franchise is immune to this, I keep them together in order by air date.

I separate BD's & DVD's & I try to make everything level, no big boxes by standard BD's (I only have larger stuff like that from A/L so its ideal)

Honestly, I'm real fussy! it has to be that way, I cannot deal with it any other way but I have a serious issue with things being out of place or messy ..It irritates me big time so yeah.

I should really get my photos up, been a very very long time since and I've had a few clear outs since.

Dannielle said:
RE: Ghibli numbers, you can request correctly numbered slipcovers from studio canal, a few of us on here did so ..all free, they pay postage too
Ah didn't know this, thanks for the information :thumb: . I'll send Studio Canal an email if this also goes for non UK-residents. Don't mind paying the shipping costs if they're fair enough.

Dannielle said:
I separate BD's & DVD's & I try to make everything level, no big boxes by standard BD's (I only have larger stuff like that from A/L so its ideal)
With level i guess you mean the top of the cases. Well i have it like this too, otherwise when sorted alphabetically it looks too much like a heart rate monitor or even my anime buying behaviour, with the least high cases signalling i went all-out :D

Back