[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Toonami in North America have revealed that One Piece will be leaving the line-up with its final episode airing on March 18th. The show will conclude with the end of the Thriller Bark arc's filler; Spa Island Arc (382-384). The show will be replaced with Tokyo Ghoul on March 24th.

Current deadline dates for its current shows:
One Piece - March 18
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure - April 22
Samurai Jack (Season 5) - May 13
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - June 3
Tokyo Ghoul - September 2
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - July 29 (S1), January 27 (2nd GIG)
Dragonball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - March 3, 2018
Hunter x Hunter - March 23, 2019
Dragon Ball Super - ???
Naruto Shippuden - ???

Last edited:
Funimation have unveiled an early title from their upcoming June 2017 line-up. Coming from the Crunchyroll partnership is the Kantai Collection, known as KanColle for short. The show's first season will be available as a Blu-ray & DVD combo pack on June 27th. An English dub will be included.

C6rS7-wVwAAzzaP.jpg

And to further surprise people, Samurai Warriors will be getting an English dub, also due for June 27th. Still DVD only by the looks of it.

Last edited:
The entire list for Funimation's June 2017 line-up is up on my blog. I was busy at Uni when this came up so I just put it on my blog to save myself the time.

Various notes:
- Akira gets a Steelbook release. Same content as the previous.
- From the Sunrise package deal; Code Geass: Akito the Exiled (all 5 OVAs together), and Outlaw Star.
- Outlaw Star gets a CE; 100 page booklet also included.
- Origin: Spirits of the Past gets a combo pack re-release despite already being placed in the S.A.V.E. line.
- No LE for Assassination Classroom Season 2 nor The Seven Deadly Sins.
- Dragon Ball Kai concludes, One Piece Season 9 begins and Fairy Tail collections start the 2014 series.
- Ping Pong is coming to S.A.V.E.
- Samurai Warriors has returned with a dub, still DVD only.
- KanColle is the next Crunchyroll title to be released.

Meanwhile over on Sentai's end, both GATE and Monster Musume are part of the July line-up.

Back