[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Re: [Overseas] US/Foreign Anime News & Announcements

Smeelia said:
I vaguely recall reading that Gokudo is a Slayers like fantasy comedy thing, though I'm not sure it has exactly the same kind of comedy.

I just looked up the show's wikipedia page. Sounds like a hoot! Let's see what state the pound is in when it's released, and maybe I'll nab it.

If you like anti-heroes, then there few better done than Gokudo Yuccot Kikansky. He's selfish, amoral, disloyal and extremely flatulent.....and those are his good points.

NormanicGrav said:
D-D-D-D-D-DISCOTEK NEWS

[*]Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
Film - Blu-ray - September TBC[*]

The torment continues. Why not accompany "September" with a positive integer within range [1, 30]?

AbZeroNow said:
Media Blasters news

Yamibo will be coming to blu-ray. They will make sure it is not the blurry TV version and will provide an option to upgrade from DVD. No M&E track so it won't be dubbed.

https://twitter.com/Media_Blasters/status/755488158981222400

That's good news.

I should honestly pickup their Blu-rays, I actually quite liked what I heard of the dub for LvB.

Nice, I'm glad I apparently forgot to reorder the DVD set after it was first cancelled back in 2014 now.

R

NormanicGrav said:
That's good news.

I should honestly pickup their Blu-rays, I actually quite liked what I heard of the dub for LvB.
Apparently they used 2 BD 50s for LvB buuuuut...
>MPEG2 encoding for Blurays.

Lol

Dynit has recently hinted that they plan to release Uchū Senkan Yamato 2199 (as Star Blazers 2199) on Blu-Ray in Italy.

Source: http://animeonbluray.blogspot.com/2016/ ... -2199.html

Some japanese interview also stated a release is planned in some other European countries and the USA as well.

Mangaranga said:
>MPEG2 encoding for Blurays.
Lol
MPEG2 can be just fine on Blu-Ray since the data flow output limit is fairly high, the downsides are the larger filesize (so it ends up on 2 BD50 instead of one BD50 + BD25 for a one cour show)

Now, that would be REALLY neat, if Yamato 2199 arrived in Europe in some form or another. It'ss a show I'd love to get my hands on, but the outlay it entails at present makes it more hassle than it's worth.

Re: Overseas Anime News & Announcements

Sentai Filmworks November 2016 Slate

Aoharu x Machinegun - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
Release Date: 15th November 2016
Region: US and 1
Publisher: TBS
Format: Blu-ray and DVD (as separate releases)
Languages: English & Japanese (w/English subs)
Price (SRP): $69.98 [Blu-ray], $59.98 [DVD]

Extras: Japanese Preview; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Gatchaman Crowds Insight - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
Release Date: 22nd November 2016
Publisher: NTV
Languages: English & Japanese (w/English subs)
Price (SRP): $69.98 [Blu-ray], $59.98 [DVD]

Extras: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine - Complete Collection (Standard & Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] [DVD] [Blu-ray & DVD Combo]
Release Date: 29th November 2016
Publisher: King Records Co.
Format: Blu-ray and DVD (as separate releases) + Combo (Collector's Edition)
Languages: English, Spanish & Japanese (w/English subs)
Price (SRP): $99.98 [Combo], $69.98 [Blu-ray], $59.98 [DVD]

Extras: Knights of Sidonia Movie: Decisive Battle; Blame; Trailers; TV Preview; Teaser; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
Extras (CE): Chipboard Box; Booklet; Art Cards; Poster

Non Non Biyori Repeat - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
Release Date: 8th November 2016
Publisher: Kadokawa Media Factory
Languages: Japanese (w/English subs)
Price (SRP): $59.98 [Blu-ray], $49.98 [DVD]

Extras: Dagashi; Commentaries; Cast Panel Video; Japanese Promos; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

To Love-Ru Darkness 2nd - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
Release Date: 1st November 2016
Publisher: TBS
Languages: Japanese (w/English subs)
Price (SRP): $59.98 [Blu-ray], $49.98 [DVD]

Extras: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

RUN! IT'S GOJIRA!

Funimation announced two new things over at San Diego Comic Con panel.

Cn7vWYqUsAAnSaR.jpg

Ergo Proxy will be released on Blu-ray in 2016 to celebrate the show's 10th anniversary. All 23 episodes in one set. The regions will be A only as MVM acquired the UK rights during the initial DVD release.

Cn7v1UzUMAAqSy2.jpg

Hideaki Anno's Shin Gojira (Godzilla Resurgence) has also been picked up. More news is expected shortly. The live-action Japanese film will be in Japanese theaters on July 29th.

Last edited by a moderator:

I will definitely buy Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine , hopefully Animatsu will release it here but I doubt they will , I don't think season 1 sold very well .

Re: RUN! IT'S GOJIRA!

NormanicGrav said:
Ergo Proxy will be released on Blu-ray in 2016 to celebrate the show's 10th anniversary. All 23 episodes in one set. The regions will be A only as MVM acquired the UK rights during the initial DVD release.
Do we know for sure whether MVM have Bluray rights though? This could be a similar case to Baccano as the Blu-ray box wasn't released in Japan until July 2012. MVM started releasing the show in August of 2007.

Re: RUN! IT'S GOJIRA!

Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:
Do we know for sure whether MVM have Bluray rights though? This could be a similar case to Baccano as the Blu-ray box wasn't released in Japan until July 2012. MVM started releasing the show in August of 2007.

Nah, it's an NBC Universal Ent. Japan title. Usually they end up being A only (though recent titles like Rage of Bahamut, Seraph & Arslan say otherwise). Unless of course Funimation decides to make their sets B compatible for MVM.

Ergo Proxy BD? GEEZ IT! I don't really care who releases it, if no one over here does then Funi it is, I just want it.

Grav, could this be a potential release for Universal in the UK? Just wondering or do you think MVM have BD rights?

I've already been putting off watching my MVM DVDs, maybe I should put it off a little longer to get the BDs...

mrclt1994 said:
Grav, could this be a potential release for Universal in the UK? Just wondering or do you think MVM have BD rights?

I would argue MVM will be the one handling the license, given they have the DVD rights. Heck they went back and got Serial Experiments Lain, Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki 1 & 2 and Haibane Renmei, both of which are Universal shows.

With Universal UK I see them going after the newer titles (like they did with Berserk and Drifters) while also notable shows not yet acquired over here (for instance Higurashi is a potential license).

Re: Overseas Anime News & Announcements

NormanicGrav said:
Sentai Filmworks November 2016 Slate

Non Non Biyori Repeat - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]

To Love-Ru Darkness 2nd - Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]

Well, that's an interesting clash of titles I'll be picking up in November :)

Assuming it is A locked I hope MVM or an Aus company release Ergo Proxy on Blu-ray.

Back