[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Ahh nice - yeah I guess Sword of the Stranger is a tricky one for a BR re-release over here considering it technically *did* come out on BR here via Beez (and the French version is still in stock and is basically the same) - but maybe if Anime Ltd could get a nice booklet together or something, people would double dip.

Apologises for the delay, I had a Uni lesson at 7-9pm so this line-up just had to show up at that time lol.

Funimation's February 2017 Release Slate

9EOV01om.jpg
A3k5ycgm.jpg
vztmAMem.jpg
B4jb4s2m.jpg
WcHAU6bm.jpg
IqRXqrsm.jpg

February 7th:
D-Frag!: Complete Series (S.A.V.E. Edition) - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $29.98
Region: A|B|1|2|4 ~ Publisher: Kadokawa Pictures

Danganronpa the Animation: Complete Series (S.A.V.E. Edition)
- BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $29.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Showgate

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $34.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Bandai Visual

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence - DVD - English & Japanese - $29.98
Region: 1 ~ Publisher: Bandai Visual

Nichijou: My Ordinary Life: Complete Series & OVA
- BD/DVD - Japanese - $69.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Kadokawa Pictures

Wolf's Rain: Complete Series & OVAs
- BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $64.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Bandai Visual

Wolf's Rain will be an SD upscaled in-house author for Funimaion. No Blu-ray exists in Japan.

yfYdk68m.jpg
KcfsYqem.jpg
raz6moOm.jpg

February 14th:
The Mystic Archives of Dantalian: Complete Series - DVD - Japanese - $34.98
Region: 1 ~ Publisher: Kadokawa Pictures

Nobunagun: Complete Series (S.A.V.E. Edition) - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $29.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: YTV

One Piece: Collection 18 [422-445] - DVD - English & Japanese - $34.98
Region: 1 ~ Publisher: Toei Animation

M1H59ZVm.jpg
Y6AkoNHm.jpg
wljAKlLm.jpg
TkBJOJTm.jpg

February 21st:
Assassination Classroom: Season 2 Part 1 - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $64.98
Region: A|B|1|2|4 ~ Publisher: Fuji Creative Corportation

Freezing Vibration: Complete Series (Anime Classics) - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $39.98
Region: A|B|1|2|4 ~ Publisher: Kadokawa Pictures

Noragami Aragoto: Complete Series (Limited Edition) - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $84.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Shochiku

Noragami Aragoto: Complete Series (Standard Edition) - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $64.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Shochiku

Ultimate Otaku Teacher: Part 2 - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $64.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: YTV

IiL9g1zm.jpg
U72meZXm.jpg
S9HHXY8m.jpg

February 28th:
The Betrayal Knows My Name: Complete Series - DVD - Japanese - $59.98
Region: 1 ~ Publisher: Kadokawa Pictures

Red Data Girl: Complete Series (S.A.V.E. Edition) - DVD - English & Japanese - $24.98
Region: 1 ~ Publisher: Kadokawa Picturess

Scrapped Princess: Complete Series - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $64.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Kadokawa Picturess

Last edited:
Quite surprised to see Danganronpa in the SAVE line. I thought that franchise as a whole was quite popular.

Yeah, I know the first anime wasn't all that popular but it does seem jarring. Slow sales or a deliberate attempt to capitalise on the Danganronpa 3 hype by going for the more casual buyers?

R

Quite surprised to see Danganronpa in the SAVE line. I thought that franchise as a whole was quite popular.

Yeah, I know the first anime wasn't all that popular but it does seem jarring. Slow sales or a deliberate attempt to capitalise on the Danganronpa 3 hype by going for the more casual buyers?

R

I can think of four reasons:
  • The Limited Edition set is still around.
  • The adaptation was not well received.
  • People didn't like the pink blood.
  • The Funimation English dub (this is mainly a complaint for those who played the games).

How can you be opposed to the pink blood but fine with the rest of the colour scheme?

I got it for £24 on release, so I can't really comment, but it's nice to see people given an opportunity to try it cheap.

excellent now I can get Freezing Vibration which will match my season 1 set. Andrew said he would look into Scrapped princess so I will hold off of that one.

I can think of four reasons:
  • The Limited Edition set is still around.
  • The adaptation was not well received.
  • People didn't like the pink blood.
  • The Funimation English dub (this is mainly a complaint for those who played the games).
The Vita games added Pink Blood anyway and Despair has pink blood mainly cos of the masses of violence.

Assassination Classroom Season 1 isn't a direct clone, we didn't have the DVD copy (and it has an AL product code, rather than a Funi one). Perhaps AL will similarly modify Assassination Classroom Season 2.

Assassination Classroom Season 1 isn't a direct clone, we didn't have the DVD copy (and it has an AL product code, rather than a Funi one). Perhaps AL will similarly modify Assassination Classroom Season 2.

True enough I suppose. The main asset from the LE is the artbox though, which was copied, so I'll be interested to see if AL will provide their own.

Red Data Girl: Complete Series (S.A.V.E. Edition) - DVD - English & Japanese - $24.98

Was going through the new releases to adjust my Google spreadsheet but saw that FUNimation actually has RDG listed as a Blu-ray/DVD release. Either mis-communication from FUNi or it's an error on their website.

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-17%20at%2009.57.49.png

Last edited:
Was going through the new releases to adjust my Google spreadsheet but saw that FUNimation actually has RDG listed as a Blu-ray/DVD release. Either mis-communication from FUNi or it's an error on their website.

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-17%20at%2009.57.49.png

Should be DVD only since re-releases only re-use existing discs (except for special cases).

TRSI also list the set as DVD only plus the SRP matches the DVD.

Back