[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Scrapped princess has also been licensed by funimation and will be released on blu-ray and DVD in February 2017

A shame Nichijou doesn't look like it's getting a dub - but having read some of the manga, it's definitely one I'm interested in picking up.

"GRAVY-TRAIN BRINGS THE PAIN!!" right in the ol' wallet

From the discord chat, Nozomi has given a release date of Feb 7th for the BD release of Galaxy Angel: Twitter
Get Hyped! We finally get to find out why corn beef comes in those funny snapped cans

A shame Nichijou doesn't look like it's getting a dub

It's no surprise since Bandai never where, I think it plays out better this way. Funi's got it so they'd only have have the likes of Luck Christian, Haag and Pattern. Be an Azumanga Dioah deux.

Will be picking up scrapped princess for sure.
Something else to put my money towards, gifts resort my priorities..

"GRAVY-TRAIN BRINGS THE PAIN!!" right in the ol' wallet

From the discord chat, Nozomi has given a release date of Feb 7th for the BD release of Galaxy Angel: Twitter
Get Hyped! We finally get to find out why corn beef comes in those funny snapped cans

New update :p

TRSI link

Contains all 26 episodes of the TV series

Special Feautres: Clean Opening, Clena Closing, Tv Spots, Promotional Videos, Now I Get It! GA Lectures With On Screen Text Translated Into English for the First Time Ever, Character Bios, Relationship Chart, and Forte's Wishes.

Yeah the store version I did noticed but considered most people would know where to look

Cant press the pre-order fast enough..

Do love a Clena Closing, so much lewd these days on EDs

Incomplete but here's what's been revealed so far for Funimation's February 2017 release slate.

February 7th:
Nichijou: My Ordinary Life: Complete Series & OVA - BD/DVD - Japanese - $54.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Kadokawa Pictures

Wolf's Rain: Complete Series & OVAs
- BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $64.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Bandai Visual

Wolf's Rain will be an SD upscaled in-house author for Funimaion. No Blu-ray exists in Japan.

February 14th:
The Mystic Archives of Dantalian: Complete Series - DVD - Japanese - $34.98
Region: 1 ~ Publisher: Kadokawa Pictures

February 28th:
The Betrayal Knows My Name: Complete Series - DVD - Japanese - $34.98
Region: 1 ~ Publisher: Kadokawa Pictures

Scrapped Princess: Complete Series - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $64.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Kadokawa Picturess

February (or March) (Date TBA):
Steins;Gate: Load Region of Déjà Vu - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $34.98

Nichijou: My Ordinary Life: Complete Series & OVA - BD/DVD - Japanese - $54.98
Now that Nichijou is getting a release, I'm not sure if I'd rather pick it up right away or wait a bit longer if it means getting a fancy edition. The Nichijou art is great, so I guess it'd be well worth the wait if it does happen. For Nichijou, I suppose there's a reasonable chance that I'd just get both if I start feeling impatient.

I hope a UK release is announced fairly soon either way.

Now that Nichijou is getting a release, I'm not sure if I'd rather pick it up right away or wait a bit longer if it means getting a fancy edition. The Nichijou art is great, so I guess it'd be well worth the wait if it does happen. For Nichijou, I suppose there's a reasonable chance that I'd just get both if I start feeling impatient.

I hope a UK release is announced fairly soon either way.

Considering Funimation deal exclusively through AL now, and AL love their KyoAni shows, as proved with them picking up both seasons of Free, Lucky Star, Haruhi and Sound!, there's not a doubt in my mind the UK will get a fancy LE.

Considering Funimation deal exclusively through AL now, and AL love their KyoAni shows, as proved with them picking up both seasons of Free, Lucky Star, Haruhi and Sound!, there's not a doubt in my mind the UK will get a fancy LE.
Well, I hope you're right. I do also hope that there's a standard edition available in good time as well, I like the idea of a lot of people getting to see it even if I might be a little unrealistic about what people will actually buy.

I wonder if Nichijou will also return to Crunchyroll soon (maybe around the time of the Funimation release).

I'm not it's biggest fan but knowing myself I would end up getting the LE down the line if one comes, like Lucky star I won't get it immediately due to me already seeing it during my KyoAni watch

I'd definitely be interested in picking up Nichijou - and it sure seems like the kind of Funi title Anime Ltd would bring over too. Still a bit strange it's not getting a dub though, given the popularity of the show.

With this combined with the Wolf's Rain news, Funimation basically seems to be going through the whole back catalogue of everything originally released by Bandai > Bandai Entertainment - Anime Producer - MyAnimeList.net

So other releases I'd expect:

GITS - SAC
Sword of the Stranger
Planetes
.Hack Sign / .Hack Roots
Mai Hime
Witch Hunter Robin
s.cry.ed
The Big O
Infinite Ryvius
Zegapain

Another thing I've wondered - when are we going to start seeing more catalogue Funi stuff coming through to Crunchyroll? So far we only got D Gray Man and Grimgar - but I was under the assumption that they'd start to pull through other stuff too at some point...

I'd definitely be interested in picking up Nichijou - and it sure seems like the kind of Funi title Anime Ltd would bring over too. Still a bit strange it's not getting a dub though, given the popularity of the show.

With this combined with the Wolf's Rain news, Funimation basically seems to be going through the whole back catalogue of everything originally released by Bandai > Bandai Entertainment - Anime Producer - MyAnimeList.net

So other releases I'd expect:

GITS - SAC
Sword of the Stranger
Planetes
.Hack Sign / .Hack Roots
Mai Hime
Witch Hunter Robin
s.cry.ed
The Big O
Infinite Ryvius
Zegapain

Sword of the Stranger has been re-released last week on November 8th. Of those not released yet i would like to see a BD of Planetes but then again who doesn't :) Also Mai Hime and Witch Hunter Robin would be welcome on BD

Back