[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Relaxo

School Idol
Huh. Interesting there, how different countries do localise different stuff. I know they do that with manga too considering there are french and german translated copies of manga of series I would like to get.
I guess it mostly depends on what shows the TV-stations picked up, before these "cartoons" became known as "anime" - and before Streaming was a thing. In the early days, some shows even got extra episodes never shown on japanese TV (some released on VHS/DVD in Japan). But to become a successfull evergreen, one also needs a great dub and keep these voice actors...
And that can be a problem, if one or more popular voice actors retire, die or just don't want to dub long running TV-series.

Due to the costs involved in dubbing anime, and people accepting prices like 7-10€ per episodes only for shorter series, long series still can't get european dubs without getting co-licensed by a TV-station. Sadly no TV-station was interested in Shojo-series (except Sailor Moon)

D1tchd1gger

Shinki
Um, are you sure the names aren't localized? Because I've picked up volume 1 in the past to take a look and found both the MC's original name plus his love interest's name changed. Shinichi to Jimmy, Ran to Rachel, and there might be others I don't know about.
She's talking about the German version.

Relaxo

School Idol
from RACS:
Funimation's master distributor (meaning the warehouse partner that ships ALL Funimation product to everyone else) has been forced to temporarily close their warehouse due to the COVID situation.They expect to reopen in about 2 weeks, and nothing will be coming from them to retailers while they are closed, They have also warned that once they reopen, shipments may not be as forthcoming as usual due to the backlogs that will accumulate.

Oldmario

Great Teacher
some US titles that have fallen OOP

704400095542 CHROME SHELLED REGIOS-BX SET S.A.V.E.
704400023095 TSUBASA - SEASON 1 - S.A.V.E DVD
856137005414 Garden of Sinners -recalled out summer- Blu-ray (S) Limited
850527003479 Oreshura DVD Complete Set (S)
816546021344 Oreimo Blu-ray
742617141423 Junjo Romantica Season 1 DVD Collection (S) - Litebox

BlackCondor93

Adventurer
Madman and JB Hi-Fi both removed Sailor Moon Season 1 Blu-ray from their listings on their websites. The DVD version is still listed, but Madman lists it as "Out of Stock", while JB Hi-Fi lists it as "Limited Stock".

Madman also removed both the Blu-ray and DVD versions of Sailor Moon Sailor Stars Part 1. JB Hi-Fi still has the Standard Editions listed, but the DVD version is listed as "Limited Stock", while the Blu-ray version is listed as "Special Order Online".

It seems that they're pretty much out of print at this point, so I feel glad that I ended up importing Viz's release of Sailor Stars Part 2 last month, instead of waiting for Madman to release Part 2.

JTO

Brigade Leader
Madman and JB Hi-Fi both removed Sailor Moon Season 1 Blu-ray from their listings on their websites. The DVD version is still listed, but Madman lists it as "Out of Stock", while JB Hi-Fi lists it as "Limited Stock".
Well, that stops my plan to buy Sailor Moon on Blu-ray ☹ .

Jaysgba

Death Scythe

Madman also removed both the Blu-ray and DVD versions of Sailor Moon Sailor Stars Part 1. JB Hi-Fi still has the Standard Editions listed, but the DVD version is listed as "Limited Stock", while the Blu-ray version is listed as "Special Order Online".

It seems that they're pretty much out of print at this point, so I feel glad that I ended up importing Viz's release of Sailor Stars Part 2 last month, instead of waiting for Madman to release Part 2.
I guess I’ll have to give in and buy Viz’s Sailor Stars Part 2 on pay day at the end of the month then.

NormanicGrav

(゜ロ゜)
AUKN Staff
Funimation's release slate details have been delayed, but we do know that Fairy Tail: Final Season is coming soon in either late July or August.

Last edited:

NormanicGrav

(゜ロ゜)
AUKN Staff
Funimation has revealed their August 2020 line-up. They have decided to skip the second half of July 2020. No LEs planned for this month.

Astra Lost in Space: Complete Series - 4th Aug - Blu-ray - $64.98
Fairy Tail: Part 23 [Episodes 278-290] - 4th Aug - Blu-ray & DVD (DVD-sized) - $54.98

Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card: Complete Series - 11th Aug - Blu-ray - $69.98
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These: Complete Season 2 - 11th Aug - Blu-ray & DVD - $64.98
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: Complete Season 2 - 11th Aug - Blu-ray - $69.98

Ensemble Stars: Part 1 [Episodes 1-12] - 18th Aug - Blu-ray - $64.98
ISLAND: Complete Series (Essentials) - 18th Aug - Blu-ray - $29.98

Fuuka: Complete Series (Essentials) - 25th Aug - Blu-ray - $29.98
HUMAN LOST - 25th Aug - Blu-ray & DVD - $34.98

Relaxo

School Idol
Notable missing: ID: Invaded, already announced by Manga UK for 24th Aug
And no releases scheduled for 28th July currently.

Azar

Stand User
I thought travelling to different planets might help Astra qualify for the isekai LE treatment, but clearly not.

thedoctor2016

Symphogear
The US release is A/B so I was gonna be able to play it but mangas lack of care of these type of titles when a smaller country can release them is telling no Free, Sarazanmai, Phantom World, Nichijou all in AUS and US but not here we only get quality like DxD. DxD was the final straw the fact they would re release that trash over Free over Hyouka re release over Snow White Re Release even over AssClass broke me luckily AL getting Eva and releasing Utena means ive been good and supporting the UK but not manga and wonder why.

Oldmario

Great Teacher
The US release is A/B so I was gonna be able to play it but mangas lack of care of these type of titles when a smaller country can release them is telling no Free, Sarazanmai, Phantom World, Nichijou all in AUS and US but not here we only get quality like DxD. DxD was the final straw the fact they would re release that trash over Free over Hyouka re release over Snow White Re Release even over AssClass broke me luckily AL getting Eva and releasing Utena means ive been good and supporting the UK but not manga and wonder why.
like with the shonen and isekai stuff, they're obviously aware of what sells over what so they're free to release whatever they want because the point of a business is to make money, it's not really fair to call DxD "trash" because you don't like it but them re-releasing s3 instead of releasing s2 which we still don't have is a weird one

thedoctor2016

Symphogear
I meant trashy as even the ecchi ive liked (not many) the ecchi aspects are always trashy in my eyes and they have said they will release S2 so they are following it through which is good for fans.