[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

from RACS:
Funimation's master distributor (meaning the warehouse partner that ships ALL Funimation product to everyone else) has been forced to temporarily close their warehouse due to the COVID situation.They expect to reopen in about 2 weeks, and nothing will be coming from them to retailers while they are closed, They have also warned that once they reopen, shipments may not be as forthcoming as usual due to the backlogs that will accumulate.

some US titles that have fallen OOP

704400095542 CHROME SHELLED REGIOS-BX SET S.A.V.E.
704400023095 TSUBASA - SEASON 1 - S.A.V.E DVD
856137005414 Garden of Sinners -recalled out summer- Blu-ray (S) Limited
850527003479 Oreshura DVD Complete Set (S)
816546021344 Oreimo Blu-ray
742617141423 Junjo Romantica Season 1 DVD Collection (S) - Litebox

Madman and JB Hi-Fi both removed Sailor Moon Season 1 Blu-ray from their listings on their websites. The DVD version is still listed, but Madman lists it as "Out of Stock", while JB Hi-Fi lists it as "Limited Stock".

Madman also removed both the Blu-ray and DVD versions of Sailor Moon Sailor Stars Part 1. JB Hi-Fi still has the Standard Editions listed, but the DVD version is listed as "Limited Stock", while the Blu-ray version is listed as "Special Order Online".

It seems that they're pretty much out of print at this point, so I feel glad that I ended up importing Viz's release of Sailor Stars Part 2 last month, instead of waiting for Madman to release Part 2.

Madman and JB Hi-Fi both removed Sailor Moon Season 1 Blu-ray from their listings on their websites. The DVD version is still listed, but Madman lists it as "Out of Stock", while JB Hi-Fi lists it as "Limited Stock".

Well, that stops my plan to buy Sailor Moon on Blu-ray ☹ .

Madman also removed both the Blu-ray and DVD versions of Sailor Moon Sailor Stars Part 1. JB Hi-Fi still has the Standard Editions listed, but the DVD version is listed as "Limited Stock", while the Blu-ray version is listed as "Special Order Online".

It seems that they're pretty much out of print at this point, so I feel glad that I ended up importing Viz's release of Sailor Stars Part 2 last month, instead of waiting for Madman to release Part 2.
I guess I’ll have to give in and buy Viz’s Sailor Stars Part 2 on pay day at the end of the month then.

9poizfCl.png

Someone from Japan has imported the Sentai Filmworks release of Domestic Girlfriend. It seems the PlayPic scenes i.e. the extended uncensored version, are included on the Blu-ray discs as well as the broadcast version of those episodes.

Funimation's release slate details have been delayed, but we do know that Fairy Tail: Final Season is coming soon in either late July or August.

Last edited:
Funimation has revealed their August 2020 line-up. They have decided to skip the second half of July 2020. No LEs planned for this month.

Astra Lost in Space: Complete Series - 4th Aug - Blu-ray - $64.98
Fairy Tail: Part 23 [Episodes 278-290] - 4th Aug - Blu-ray & DVD (DVD-sized) - $54.98

Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card: Complete Series - 11th Aug - Blu-ray - $69.98
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These: Complete Season 2 - 11th Aug - Blu-ray & DVD - $64.98
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: Complete Season 2 - 11th Aug - Blu-ray - $69.98

Ensemble Stars: Part 1 [Episodes 1-12] - 18th Aug - Blu-ray - $64.98
ISLAND: Complete Series (Essentials) - 18th Aug - Blu-ray - $29.98

Fuuka: Complete Series (Essentials) - 25th Aug - Blu-ray - $29.98
HUMAN LOST - 25th Aug - Blu-ray & DVD - $34.98

I thought travelling to different planets might help Astra qualify for the isekai LE treatment, but clearly not.

The US release is A/B so I was gonna be able to play it but mangas lack of care of these type of titles when a smaller country can release them is telling no Free, Sarazanmai, Phantom World, Nichijou all in AUS and US but not here we only get quality like DxD. DxD was the final straw the fact they would re release that trash over Free over Hyouka re release over Snow White Re Release even over AssClass broke me luckily AL getting Eva and releasing Utena means ive been good and supporting the UK but not manga and wonder why.

The US release is A/B so I was gonna be able to play it but mangas lack of care of these type of titles when a smaller country can release them is telling no Free, Sarazanmai, Phantom World, Nichijou all in AUS and US but not here we only get quality like DxD. DxD was the final straw the fact they would re release that trash over Free over Hyouka re release over Snow White Re Release even over AssClass broke me luckily AL getting Eva and releasing Utena means ive been good and supporting the UK but not manga and wonder why.

like with the shonen and isekai stuff, they're obviously aware of what sells over what so they're free to release whatever they want because the point of a business is to make money, it's not really fair to call DxD "trash" because you don't like it but them re-releasing s3 instead of releasing s2 which we still don't have is a weird one

I meant trashy as even the ecchi ive liked (not many) the ecchi aspects are always trashy in my eyes and they have said they will release S2 so they are following it through which is good for fans.

XLuagx0l.png

Funimation has revealed their September 2020 slate, we have some interesting titles listed.

1st September:
Africa Salaryman: Complete Series Blu-ray - $64.98
ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World's Strongest: Season 1 Collection Blu-ray & DVD - $64.98 - Includes OVAs
ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World's Strongest: Season 1 Collection (Limited Edition) Blu-ray & DVD - $84.98
A Certain Scientific Accelerator: Complete Series Blu-ray & DVD - $64.98 - Includes OVA
Nichijou: My Ordinary Life: Complete Series (Essentials) Blu-ray - $34.98
RADIANT: Season 2 Part 1 Blu-ray & DVD - $64.98

8th September:
Sakura Quest: Complete Series (Essentials) Blu-ray - $34.98

15th September:
Cowboy Bebop: Complete Series (Steelbook) Blu-ray - $59.98

22nd September:
Fairy Gone: Part 2 Blu-ray - $64.98
HANEBADO!: Complete Series (Essentials) Blu-ray - $29.98
Hinamatsuri: Complete Series (Essentials) Blu-ray - $29.98
My Hero Academia: Season 2 Collection Blu-ray - $69.98

29th September:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: Part 1 Blu-ray - $64.98
Fire Force: Season 1 Part 2 Blu-ray & DVD - $64.98
Fire Force: Season 1 Part 2 (Limited Edition) Blu-ray & DVD - $84.98
Free! Dive to the Future: Complete Series (Essentials) Blu-ray - $29.98
Kemono Michi: Rise Up!: Complete Series Blu-ray - $64.98

guess we should be expecting some Nichijou and Hinamatsuri announcement from Manga soon, also pretty surprised that Africa Salaryman is getting a blu-ray release

guess we should be expecting some Nichijou and Hinamatsuri announcement from Manga soon, also pretty surprised that Africa Salaryman is getting a blu-ray release
One of their representatives said they'll likely announce Q4 mid July. Would expect to see Kemono Michi and Arifureta getting a release tbh

Back