MyM Magazine

Small details: In the FMA article, Elric is misspelled "Elrich" and it states that Alphonse is a State Alchemist, when he isn't.

I accidentally skipped issue 2 (I forgot to buy it then suddenly issue 3 was out) so I can't really compare with that one, but thinking back to issue 1, it definitely has improved - I'm noticing a lot less typos and random cut offs =3.

I do agree with devilrules666 in that some music coverage, if possible, could be good. Also, maybe some tips on where fans can get Japanese music from?

Yeah i noticed the Elric mispelling. There are also a couple of instances of there being a missing word here and there, but its generally a lot better, no wholly misplaced articles as far as i could tell anyway :)

I also seem to find the reviews tend to rate things more the way i would than Neo's in terms of score, but that's purely a subjective issue and can't be taken as a good or bad thing :)

I enjoyed the latest issue, no glaring errors or mistakes that I noticed. That said, there was an ad which gave a discount code which had already expired before this issue was even released - not really a fault on the magazine's part though.

The Alice manga feature was interesting and the article on Welcome to the Space Show was a decent read, even if the author didn't seem to have a clear idea of whether or not they enjoyed it.

I wonder if we'll be seeing any more adverts for Rune Factory: Oceans after the scathing review that was in this issue!

My local newsagent seems to be getting at least one in for release day, so I've picked up my copy for this month. Will post any thoughts back here once I've had a thorough read.

Nyu said:
I've searched nearly every shop i've been in and still cant find a copy!

WHSmiths will be your best bet.

I've also noticed the magazine has made a mistake with one of my articles. He made a grammatical error in the standfirst (the large opening line at the top of the article). I've checked my original piece and I certainly gave it to him correctly, but when he shortened it down someone made the error.

Well I had a quick flick-through over lunch didn't see any errors that glared out at me. I'll know better when I have a proper read this evening.

On the good side the Bleach article was decent enough, not quite as shallow as these types of article can tend to be...

The not so good... I really hate the way your release date charts are organised... Messy and inconsistent in what gets in and what doesn't...

Also the digs at your rival publication at the start dont make you look witty fresh or clever if that was yer intentions...

And to finish off this good/bad/good sandwich again the reviews were pretty good again, although your differing score systems for each medium are... Puzzling.

In any case it's worth a few quid of my
Money so shall continue to buy

It's a sad thing that both MyM and NEO are sub-standard on the basics. As a rule there shouldn't be any spelling or grammar errors in each issue. That's a minimum requirement for any worthwhile publication.

Slapdash editing and not bothering to do any proofreading gives off the correct impression that a publication is not worth paying for. It is even more unforgivable when you factor in the free sites on the internet that have proper standards. When free is better quality than paid, paid goes to the wall and deservedly so.

I decided to give this another go after not really enjoying the first two issues very much at all...and it was way better this time around.

Planet Japan was nice, the Agarest bit is good and the reviews are well done (I won't mention that someone forgot to put a score on DBZ season 2 though...oops, too late). I'm glad that weird Moshi Monster bit from #1 wasn't a regular thing too.

Epic error on the letters page though, but I'm just gonna imagine it was done on purpose for mega lolz.

Someone called Jay wrote in to say someone else's name had been printed by the art he sent in for a previous issue. MyM apologised and called him Ellen (!?)...I seriously LOL'ed.

Get the intro page fixed though. It's completely moronic. The rest of the magazine has turned out to be good, but I felt ashamed reading that intro.

Someone called Jay wrote in to say someone else's name had been printed by the art he sent in for a previous issue. MyM apologised and called him Ellen (!?)...I seriously LOL'ed.

I'd put my money on this being a deliberate bit of banter. Though I have to admit I've still not around to buying an issue yet. I'm pleased that it sounds like it's improving though.

vashdaman said:

I'd put my money on this being a deliberate bit of banter. Though I have to admit I've still not around to buying an issue yet. I'm pleased that it sounds like it's improving though.

It is certainly improving, even if there are a few errors that should have been picked up its nothing like as bad as the first two issues. I figure by issue 6 the teething troubles should be worked out or i'll be dissapointed, half a year should be enough of anyones time...

Getting better. Less taking childish shots at neo on the front page please. Also enough with the Bleach coverage. Japanese music would be great. Also I would like it if you guys would get rid of any western films or comics. If I wanted to read about that stuff I would pick up another magazine.

Back