UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Yeah iirc correctly it was on Monster Musume levels of fanservice so I'd be surprised if it got cut. Don't see how cuts would make it dead on arrival unless it ruined the flow of the story but then again I'm not a big ecchi fan so ¯\(ツ)

Don't see how cuts would make it dead on arrival unless it ruined the flow of the story but then again I'm not a big ecchi fan so ¯\(ツ)

I've always understood that lewd stuff is kinda the main selling point of "ecchi" titles. Taking away that "lewd" stuff, in a sense diminishing the ecchi aspect, makes it less interesting for people who like ecchi stuff, don't you think?

I've always understood that lewd stuff is kinda the main selling point of "ecchi" titles. Taking away that "lewd" stuff, in a sense diminishing the ecchi aspect, makes it less interesting for people who like ecchi stuff, don't you think?
Like I've said Monster Musume went through without issue so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. At the end of the day I'd rather buy a cut release at MVM's price than whatever ridiculous price Aniplex is charging

Not really. Yuuna's fanservice is not as bad as people would think. It's just going to be uncensored breasts and some nudity here and there, and that's basically it. Probably will get an 18 but should be uncut (think of it as the same level as Monster Musume's fanservice).
Yeah, I don't think Yuuna has anything that would warrant getting cut, but it's interesting that MVM would say something like this. I imagine it's just precautionary as it may not have been BBFC'd yet and they'd rather not outright say it's uncut until they know, but there's so many questions about this release now.

There were a couple of loli characters (one being the classic "she's a hundred years old" and the other was a Tanuki or similar in human form), but I can't remember how ecchi their scenes got. Not as much as the bigger breasted characters IIRC.

There were a couple of loli characters (one being the classic "she's a hundred years old" and the other was a Tanuki or similar in human form), but I can't remember how ecchi their scenes got. Not as much as the bigger breasted characters IIRC.
Yeah, thinking about it, that tanuki character could cause issues with the BBFC. Especially as she has an obsession with the other characters' boobs.

Also "We've seen kid Goku's dick on TV" for comparison. Just sayin
Context is everything, like with the discussion around Bart's penis in The Simpsons Movie. Neither it or Dragon Ball had those happen in sexualised situations, whereas... when isn't there a sexualised situation in Yuuna?

While looking through the AOL site I noticed MVM used fanart to promote their release of Revue Starlight.
Screenshot 2020-09-18 123437.png
The original artwork
Pixiv link

I've noticed this a few times so I've wondered if the artists have given permission for MVM to use their works for promotional purposes? They certainly don't seem to be credited and in most cases companies simply just use key art from the actual series so it does seem pretty concerning for a company to be using fanart like this.

Back