UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

While looking through the AOL site I noticed MVM used fanart to promote their release of Revue Starlight.
The original artwork
Pixiv link

I've noticed this a few times so I've wondered if the artists have given permission for MVM to use their works for promotional purposes? They certainly don't seem to be credited and in most cases companies simply just use key art from the actual series so it does seem pretty concerning for a company to be using fanart like this.
it also bothers me that they never seem to keep stuff 1:1 in aspect ratio so it just looks squashed

also on a separate note, i don't know if i should get Girl in the Twilight now or wait and see if someone gets it in their mystery box at christmas and buy it then at £10

I mean sure their image formatting can be bothersome but stealing fanart is on a whole different level of yikes. Just because fanart is available on the internet doesn't mean it's free to use for marketing.
Aren't you jumping to conclusions there? I've seen artists who've made art that is sold as official products also post it on their pixiv page. Like many wallscrolls on Amiami you can find the original art also on pixiv.

Aren't you jumping to conclusions there? I've seen artists who've made art that is sold as official products also post it on their pixiv page. Like many wallscrolls on Amiami you can find the original art also on pixiv.
I'm not saying they haven't asked for permission but there have been a lot of cases where companies haven't asked for permission. It may have just been a case of MVM accidentally using fanart. Pixiv is also home to a lot of professional artists so it's not surprising that merchandise companies would commission art. I hope I'm wrong but MVM's use does seem a little suspect.

It seems that MVM haven't announced the next Early Bird yet. I'm guessing that the Early Birds didn't perform as well as they hoped and that they stopped doing them altogether, but I could be wrong.

It seems that MVM haven't announced the next Early Bird yet. I'm guessing that the Early Birds didn't perform as well as they hoped and that they stopped doing them altogether, but I could be wrong.
I suspect they have nothing else on the Q4 schedule due to their titles having a few pushbacks.

Next known, scheduled title is The Demon Girl Next Door for January I think. Looking forward to that one.
Yeah big hype for that one. Definitely one of my favourite Kirara series so I'm happy MVM licensed it. Be interesting to see if some Crunchyroll series get licensed now with the Sentai partnership

As I know MVM staff do occasionally look through this thread, given that it's been over three years since the show aired, I don't suppose you can offer any insight as to what, if anything, is going on with acquiring Owarimonogatari part 3? You released the blu rays of the first two parts back in 2017, but other than the Kizu movies and the odd vague comment, it's been pretty much silence since then.

I know the Monogatari franchise is a long and confusing mess, with an additional side arc and series of mini web episodes also available, but Owa pt. 3 is effectively the end of the main body of work, so it's kind of wild that there's been no sign of picking it up. Looking at my bookshelf I can see all 17 disk sets that you've released, so stopping short of the final one feels kinda infuriating. Is there some kind of issue arriving from the publisher or some issue with financial viability?

Back