UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

The lack of detail (and time total) suggests the OVA's aren't included, not to mention that means it's not clear what masters are being used. Have to wait for the BBFC on this one to know for sure.
It's an interesting one because:
  • It's an Aniplex title, and so far no one has released the series on Blu-ray in the US & Australia. My speculation was that Aniplex of America was holding out for a Blu-ray Disc Box before they would release it to go along with their recent trend (and Aniplex of Japan has announced one for November 2020 with OVAs included).
  • In terms of the authoring, MVM will have to make their own. I don't know which master they'll use though - i.e. the TV Broadcast masters that Crunchyroll and Aniplex of America has for streaming, or the Uncensored Blu-rays from Japan.
To be honest, despite being a fan of the anime, I'm going to pass on this release.

MVM are potentially releasing something before anyone else, for dirt cheap, and we’re going to send them the message that a release like that doesn’t have demand?
I would rather wait for reviews and how Aniplex will handle theirs first. I'm in no rush for standard UK releases.

MVM are potentially releasing something before anyone else, for dirt cheap, and we’re going to send them the message that a release like that doesn’t have demand?
To be clear, I personally am not opposed to picking this up from them at some point (though, if its the TV masters then it be have to be on DEEP discount). Aniplex's releases are, in my opinion, WAY too expensive/Poor Value to even consider for me so i'm hoping for a good version all things considered. But the early bird is a definite miss (only way they could sell me is if the OVA's were included as that would have suggested the general path forward).

I bought it expecting AoA’s discs tbh so it having a low bitrate was a disappointing it is good that there is a cheaper option but yeah, especially as the last self authored AoA discs weren’t best bitrate I’m not holding much hope. @Mangaranga probably knows the actual bitrate as he checked the discs

Has there been any clarification as to whether it's going to be the censored TV masters or not? Anyhow, I'd assume that this one will be pretty much dead at birth then.

Well, it's gonna be interesting to see what happens with this one.
Not really. Yuuna's fanservice is not as bad as people would think. It's just going to be uncensored breasts and some nudity here and there, and that's basically it. Probably will get an 18 but should be uncut (think of it as the same level as Monster Musume's fanservice).

If it's been cut, then it's definitely gonna be dead at birth and have poor sells. Though, if it is as NormanicGrav describe I don't see why there would be any cuts tbh.

Back