UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I assume that the same is true for the Oh My Goddess OVAs (The two Animeigo discs that you released), and the Ah My Goddess feature film licenses. They were cel and paint jobbies that would benefit most from Blu-ray, as opposed to the Ah My Goddess TV series which was SD digipaint.

I do hope we get Ah My Goddess on Blu ray one day. Japan has it out on blu ray so they do exist. I suspect Manga's Licence for seaosn 2 expired some time ago. I missed the boat with this series as its before I started collecting.

I want the Slayers Film + OVA collection released in JP some time ago. I do hope you guys at MVM will one day look into it since we never got a proper easy to get UK release that I can remember.

Glad everyone's liking the Berserk set. In regards to the mentions for Gantz and Trigun, there isn't much else that can be said what's not already been said.

Sadly our license for Ah My Goddess has now expired so we won't be doing that on BD. Chances are if we did decide to get the license back we'd want to get the second season too [which Manga released.

Garden of Sinners BD we're still hoping for but no news yet. In terms of what shows to have on BD, that is number one on both our lists and customers. But we are chasing it.

Thanks for the reply. One can always hope and pray for more Garden of Sinners, even more on BD. Any news on Garden of Sinners -recalled out summer-?? I guess the answer for this is the same as the BD for the original Garden of Sinners.

Garden of Sinners BD we're still hoping for but no news yet. In terms of what shows to have on BD, that is number one on both our lists and customers. But we are chasing it.
I'd upgrade my Garden of Sinners DVDs to BD in a heartbeat, especially if you did the same sorta box the DVDs came in so I really hope that it happens sooner or later.

Will the Serial Experiments Lain Collectors Edition be similar to the Berserk one?
I think it will be more like there no game no life collectors edition chipboard box with dvd cases, you should send them a email I asked them about there no game no life collectors edition and they sent me pictures off the artwork. You don't get that level of customer service with manga/animatsu they just ignore my messages

Last edited:
Bloody zavvi. Today is meant to be the release day of Berserk and yet its still awaiting stock pick. Amazon claims to have it in stock so maybe I should cancel and go with them, still means I have to wait for it though.

Bloody zavvi. Today is meant to be the release day of Berserk and yet its still awaiting stock pick. Amazon claims to have it in stock so maybe I should cancel and go with them, still means I have to wait for it though.

Honestly, unless other sites are significantly cheaper, you should always get your MVM releases from Anime-On-Line, which is MVM's own shop. You'll get most releases weeks before release. I've had my copy of Berserk for at least two weeks now, I think.

Honestly, unless other sites are significantly cheaper, you should always get your MVM releases from Anime-On-Line, which is MVM's own shop. You'll get most releases weeks before release. I've had my copy of Berserk for at least two weeks now, I think.
I'm aware of that but I couldn't afford it back then unfortunately and they always take money straight away.

Zavvi did also something 'out of the ordinary' with my order of Berserk, as in they simply never send me a shipping email. But i was charged for Berserk on February 1st, that's how i figured it out that it must have been shipped now ... well i hope it did.

Well that's odd, very odd. Received my copy of Berserk yesterday, was charged for it last Wednesday, so must have shipped around that date. But Zavvi send it through standard shipment and that usually takes about 10 working days to arrive. Oh well i'm happy.

Hope you get your copy soon serpantino from Zavvi.

Well that's odd, very odd. Received my copy of Berserk yesterday, was charged for it last Wednesday, so must have shipped around that date. But Zavvi send it through standard shipment and that usually takes about 10 working days to arrive. Oh well i'm happy.

Hope you get your copy soon serpantino from Zavvi.
Thanks but I

changed my order to Amazon so it'll be in with a couple of other bits. Don't know what zavvi were playing at but it's a lost sale for them. (stupid text box on this site is rubbish on mobile. So many formatting bugs in plain text & rich)

Grr. Not again.

I received my copy of Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun from MVM's Deal of the Week, but disc 2 (the right-hand one) was loose in the case because it hadn't been pressed down properly onto the hub. Thankfully it was unmarked, though.

Are the discs packed mechanically or by hand, does anyone know? Either way, MVM's right-hand discs aren't always being secured properly.

I've gotten away with it most times (no scratches on Is This a Zombie?; only light scratches on Arakawa Under the Bridge), but disc 2 of my copy of Waiting in the Summer is scuffed because of that. :(

On a positive note, I love the disc artwork for Nozaki-kun. It's inspired.

Grr. Not again.

I received my copy of Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun from MVM's Deal of the Week, but disc 2 (the right-hand one) was loose in the case because it hadn't been pressed down properly onto the hub. Thankfully it was unmarked, though.

Are the discs packed mechanically or by hand, does anyone know? Either way, MVM's right-hand discs aren't always being secured properly.

I've gotten away with it most times (no scratches on Is This a Zombie?; only light scratches on Arakawa Under the Bridge), but disc 2 of my copy of Waiting in the Summer is scuffed because of that. :(

On a positive note, I love the disc artwork for Nozaki-kun. It's inspired.

We're sorry to hear about your luck with the discs - if the discs ever give you a problem with playing feel free to contact us and we will happily send a replacement disc.

In regards to the discs being packed, it's done mechanically. It does happen sometimes [and sometimes the discs are pushed on too hard] but obviously happens with all manufacturing.

Thanks very much, @MVM. :)

I've always found your customer service to be outstanding, so I feel bad for griping about that. I've only ever had one faulty disc form yourselves (disc 1 of Patlabor). I emailed about it, got a reply the same day (as always), and a replacement disc arrived in the post the very next morning. And that was despite the fact that I didn't even discover the fault with the original disc until finally removing the wrapper several months after I received the item.

I also got a next-day replacement of an item which Royal Mail damaged in transit, after another same-day email reply from yourselves.

So your customer care is exemplary. I feel bad for griping now. :D

Back