UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Then they will be compensated, either replace the fault, or a discount on there next product.

Unfortunately life isn't always as straight forward as that.

If the lack of the title on the spine is enough to deter you from wanting the set then get it cancelled/return it. Tony has enough on his plate.

The cover designs shown on Amazon show they did have the title printed on the spine, but the product mistakenly has its printed on the top of the box instead.

This looks more like a printing company error.
The printer would have supplied MVM with a proof before the job was printed. Whoever did the proof checking should have noticed the error and the printer would have adjusted the artwork accordingly before printing commenced.

I've worked in graphic design for nearly 30 years and when I started colour proofs were always printed out on paper in high resolution, nowadays however, proofs are often supplied just as a PDF file. Checking a physical proof is easier and more accurate than checking one on a screen.

I dont think its worth cancelling personally as the rest of the set looks great. Its is a little dissapointing but the lack of title will let me hide my shame anyway.

Yeesh, that's quite the mess up. Not a show I care about but I'd be pretty miffed if it was.

Wait what? If they were in charge of the design and messed it up then how is that not their fault? Surely the printing company would just be doing what they're told based on the design they were given (I mean unless what MVM sent over was correct and the printing company were the ones who messed it up, but then surely they should eat any cost fixing it).

Going by this Tweet, the design looked fine on their end, with everything being where it should be

MVMEntertainment on Twitter

Going by this Tweet, the design looked fine on their end, with everything being where it should be

MVMEntertainment on Twitter
I'll be honest and say that's not how I read that tweet at all. Sounds to me like they thought what they sent out was fine but then realised afterwords that they messed up. But you're probably right, doesn't affect me either way so heyho (that makes me sound really selfish/a bit of an ass huh? lol).

It's funny how people complain about things like this when in most luxury collectibles these first print runs with flaws become even more valuable because of those flaws (One day my pile of Kaze releases will make me rich :p)

I've mentioned what happened on Twitter but just to reiterate - it was actually there to begin with. However when it came to putting the design together physically, the wrong side [flap] went over the spine flap essentially covering the logo. As you can see in the final art, the logo was there.

So for all intents and purposes, this is how we assumed it would look when boxed but alas... In regards to whether we'll be re-manufacturing/placeholders etc it's simply just too costly and frankly has been a nightmare to get done in the first place. Granted it is annoying, but nothing is perfect and it's on the verge of being sold out anyway.

819VQHdO9-L.png

And everyone who pre-ordered direct with us, Monster Musume has indeed shipped and confirmation emails have been sent [assuming that was the only item on your order].

And everyone who pre-ordered direct with us, Monster Musume has indeed shipped and confirmation emails have been sent [assuming that was the only item on your order].
Can't wait to receive it. When can we expect some pack shots of Gate?

Back