I'll be there on Friday and Saturday. I normally drive up for Friday afternoon and stay for Saturday morning before the crowds become unbearable. I'm just not a large crowds kinda guy.

I really wasn't expecting so much early access stock from Anime Ltd. I'll have to see what the pricing is like but ideally, I'd like to get my hands on
Gundam: Reconguista in G, Lucky Star, Outlaw Star and Psycho-Pass: The Movie.

Along with my other shopping list of Assassination Classroom part 2, Fate/Stay Night Unlimted Blade works Part 2 & Akame Ga Kill Collectors Part 2, it could be a rather expensive trip to London! (When isn't a trip a trip to London expensive I hear you say?)

I wonder what the whole Crunchyroll Premium members giveaways is all about? Probably just some stickers and the like...

Oh yeah, that reminds me I need to print out some kind of proof I'm a Crunchyroll subscriber so I can get their free goodies.

I'm definitely interested in seeing whether the latest run of Funi simuldub shows (eg. Orange, Joker Game etc.) end up being Anime Ltd licenses.

Also, this is the first MCM in a while with no Gundam The Origin screening!

Both shows would fit very well into AL's catalogue.
Yeah I agree both would suit Anime Limited, I did see someone ask about Katanagatari on MVMs facebook a while back and they said it wasn't one they were aware of or been offered but considering it's from the creator of Monogatari they would look into it.... I'm not holding my breath on it but I really think it's shocking that it was never given a UK release.

Besides the token Evangelion announcement that's never going to happen? AL have been trying to get Gunbuster, and I think they've said they're making progress with the rights issues, but that's also highly unlikely. Given I recently finished and liked it and it's AoA, a SaeKano announcement would be nice, maybe Free Season 1 as well. Wouldn't be surprised if we see them pick up some titles from the Summer season just passed, although what specifically, I'm not sure. Perhaps Orange? Mob Psycho 100? Some surprise older pick up would be great too.
Evangelion and Gunbuster are the dreams the me in my dreams dreams of....

I guess a nice Mob Psycho set would be welcome though, not 100% how interested I would be in picking that show up but would be nice to watch on BD. But yeah I'm kinda hoping for some older shows myself.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that reminds me I need to print out some kind of proof I'm a Crunchyroll subscriber so I can get their free goodies.

They have people there with iPads where you can log in with your e-mail etc. They use that as proof. They usually enter you into a raffle as well.

Ahh cool, good to know. I've seen the Crunchyroll people at Hyper Japan too recently - although they only had posters and rubber wristbands then.

There'll be signings on Saturday and Sunday - also reason there's no Saturday panel is simple - we have two Anime Guest of Honour panels to run as well! It takes it out of us sadly!

Best,

AP

Is there a schedule for those anime guest of honour panels? I haven't come across one thus far

Ahh cool, good to know. I've seen the Crunchyroll people at Hyper Japan too recently - although they only had posters and rubber wristbands then.

Yeah, they don't give much. Last time I said I was a premium member I got a wristband, a lanyard, bag and 4 posters. They usually just give one poster and a wristband OR lanyard to non-premium members and people who visit the stand but as a premium member you get everything.

What goody bags are these? I live close also, so I wouldn't mind grabbing one.
They are handed out to the early-entry ticketholders while stocks last. They may contain anything from a few posters to an under-performing DVD or two.

Through my lengthy patronage, I now have two copies of Manga UK's Bangkok Ninjas.

That's a lot of titles available a bit early, pretty jealous of those able to grab The Tatami Galaxy early.

Anyone have any hopes and dreams? As usual I want Kyousougiga and Katanagatari and know I'm getting neither....I can't really think of any new shows I'd really want tbh although I'm sure there are some that just aren't coming to mind.

For AL to get Evangelion and/or Future Boy Conan. Space Runaway Ideon would be quite nice too.

But thinking realistically, I'm hoping for them to continue their Yuasa releases with the masterpiece that is Mind Game

Space Runaway Ideon would be awesome!

Anything from 90s/early 00s Sunrise would be nice! I'm looking at you, Planetes, Gasaraki and Crest of the Stars!

Planetes would be great!

My hopes and dreams.

New Titles
Sailor Moon
Princess Tutu
Kino's Journey

Ultimate Editions
Code Geass
Fruits Basket - Japan did just announe a Blu ray.
Trigun
Cardcaptor Sakura
Madoka Magica tv series

Sailor Moon - doubt it
Code Geass - I know Kaze's sets are OOP but they do have Akito so I don't think we'll be getting a CG UE from AL
Madoka Magica - don't Mangamatsu still have the rights?

I imagine Sailor Moon falls under the same Toei curse afflicting us elsewhere.

I had hopes when Aus announced their Madman sets, but no luck...

What goody bags are these? I live close also, so I wouldn't mind grabbing one.

The give out a goody back for the first couple of hundred people in the queue on Saturday. It generally consists of what ever the stall holders have donated for them and can include DVDs, posters, stickers, comics, magazines, basically anything that you could buy.

I have only managed to get one once, a few years back, so they could have changed since then.

wheres @Grav's licencing prediction list?
Not final but here's my wishlist for Anime Ltd:

Anohana
Hyouka
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress ~ CR have rights but Andrew wants it
Konosuba
March comes in like a Lion
Nichijou: My Ordinary Life
Rokka: Brave of the Six Flowers
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
A Silent Voice ~ Pretty much confirmed-ish (very likely at best)
Sword Art Online: Extra Edition OR Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale

Gundam news: Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans OR final cover art for Movie Trilogy, ZZ & Turn-A

Ultimate Edition news: Death Parade final art reveal

Classic License #1: Mind Game
Classic License #2: Angel's Egg
Classic License #3: Millennium Actress
Random "I haven't seen this but I'm curious" License #1: Welcome to Irabu's Office (Kuuchuu Buranko)
Random "I haven't seen this but I'm curious" License #2: Kaiba
Random "I haven't seen this but I'm curious" License #3: City Hunter
Random "I haven't seen this but I'm curious" License #4: House of Five Leaves
Random "I haven't seen this but I'm curious" License #5: Giant Robo the Animation: The Day the Earth Stood Still
Random "I haven't seen this but I'm curious" License #6: Wandering Son
Random "I haven't seen this but I'm curious" License #7: Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Random "I haven't seen this but I'm curious" License #8: Revolutionary Girl Utena
Random "I haven't seen this but I'm curious" License #9: Bokurano

Back