Marvel vs Capcom 3

fabricatedlunatic said:
So is MvC as difficult to play as it looks? I get discouraged if things don't happen for me, like when all my efforts at perfoming a FADC > Ultra in SFIV meet with abject failure.

I'm a total fighter noob and I think I'll manage ok. It's much simpler than previous games, there's just light, medium and heavy attack buttons plus a special button which can act as a launcher for air attacks.

Pretty much ALL combos are quarter circle + button and the odd dragon punch (which I admit takes some practice). If that's still too much just play with simple mode, which basically turns it into smash bros. It limits your number of attacks, but you can still use supers and special moves.

tl;dr: Give it a shot, you might find it less intimidating than it looks =3

Absolutely high level, MvC3 will be harder to play than SFIV. There will be stuff way harder to pull off than FADCs in SFIV. At the simply "having fun with the game level", it will be much easier to enjoy imo.

Interesting. Thanks, gents. Seeing as I'm not deluded enough to believe I'm ever going to play any fighter at a high level, it sounds like MvC3 would be more suitable than SFIV or BlazBlue.

But I'm tempted to wait a few weeks for the inevitable price crash ^_^;

fabricatedlunatic said:
Interesting. Thanks, gents. Seeing as I'm not deluded enough to believe I'm ever going to play any fighter at a high level, it sounds like MvC3 would be more suitable than SFIV or BlazBlue.

But I'm tempted to wait a few weeks for the inevitable price crash ^_^;

Don't worry, I'm the same. I just want it because of the pretty graphics and cool characters =P I have no intention of even playing online as I will get serously whupped. I just want to play as a melee capable Wesker >83

I don't think you have to worry too much about taking it online; there'll be plenty of other noobs in exactly the same position. I've won about 50% of my SSFIV matches and I'm a devastatingly average player.

I dunno... MVC3 is more likely to attract a wider audience simply due to the recognisable face of marvel. That said Mortal Kombat vs DC dropped to £20 fast, which is when bought it =P But I want to get the LE comic so I'm willing to pay full(ish) whack at shopto

will be 360 myself as well.

I need to know one thing though since nowhere has said ANYTHING on it. I know the US get Jill/Gorath as a pre-order bonus, but do we get that as well or what? I would have thought we would do, but noone has said anything on the matter.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I dunno... MVC3 is more likely to attract a wider audience simply due to the recognisable face of marvel. That said Mortal Kombat vs DC dropped to £20 fast, which is when bought it =P But I want to get the LE comic so I'm willing to pay full(ish) whack at shopto
Really, just about every game that isn't a massive seller (think GTA or Red Dead Redemption or Call of Duty) falls in price quickly and hard. But because I worry about giving my fellow noobs too much of a head start, I might have to buy the game on release =P

360 here too. I shall add you fellows and may well see you online.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Really, just about every game that isn't a massive seller (think GTA or Red Dead Redemption or Call of Duty) falls in price quickly and hard. But because I worry about giving my fellow noobs too much of a head start, I might have to buy the game on release =P

360 here too. I shall add you fellows and may well see you online.

That's true, Nintendo is an exception, Super Mario 64 Ds is still going for £30 new. That's as many as three tens. And that's terrible.

360 bus as mentioned no live.

New info regarding Versus CPU, there's no vs CPu in the sense you can't go "vs > Vs cpu" from the menu but the training mode allows for you to play against the CPU in exactly the same way a normal versus mode would, just set dummy to CPU, health recovery to off and choose stages and characters as you wish here's a quote from Seth Killian:

Hi guys,

Just to cut to the chase here, you can indeed play against the CPU to your heart's content. Against any teams, at any difficult, and even on any stage you choose.

It's not pulled out as a separate "mode," but it's easily done in training mode. You pick the dummy team, and then all you need to do is set the training dummy to "CPU" and turn life recovery to "OFF." You can select the difficulty, and just go at it. It's great for practicing against certain teams, and the CPU at the hardest difficulty is, umm, actually hard.

When the CPU (or you) has been killed off, the match just immediately restarts from the beginning. You can change characters whenever you want, or change assists from the menus without even going back to the character select screen.

The training mode in this game is extremely, extremely good. From the easy record and replay functionality to practice against certain setups, to the huge variety of customizable dummy options, I think it's the best we've ever done. Hope this answers some questions.

best,
Seth

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Also anyone else see/hear Deadpool reference MAHVEL BAYBEE when he beat Blue Magneto?
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nTUYj_BOwx8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nTUYj_BOwx8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Would have liked a blue Storm alt so Deadpool could have said "THIS BITCH IS BLUE LIKE CANDY" in reference to the Mahvel Baybee 2 video.

I've pre-ordered my copy for 360, i'm sadly going to be busy on the release date and with the Telford convention & my trip to London. I'm not really going to get a chance to play on it when the date comes round.

Arbalest said:
I need to know one thing though since nowhere has said ANYTHING on it. I know the US get Jill/Gorath as a pre-order bonus, but do we get that as well or what? I would have thought we would do, but noone has said anything on the matter.
Nah, nowhere in the EU was offering that. As I understand it, US LE is steelbook/comic/DLC code all together, that got changed to separate t-shirts/comic/steelbook for here depending on where you preorder. So yeah, US gets more, but they also have to pay more, so having to pay for the DLC isn't really that much of a loss. You just miss out on either the steelbook or the comic (or both, I guess, if you go for a t-shirt. Some of them look fairly cool) if you only buy one copy.

Getting mine on 360, as long as it is multiregion. If not, I'll get it on PS3 too as my UK 360 is currently unwell.

edit: Oh, US LE also has a 1-month Subscription to Marvel Digital Comics, seems to be sold out everywhere though. Normal preorders don't get the DLC, but some US stores have some store-exclusive items too.

This game is out tomorrow, my copy will arrive tomorrow morning not sure what I'll do first but I'm so incredibly hype right now. I've been playing Street Fighter IV a lot to get into the fighting game spirit and I've gotten so much better at that game than when it first came out, even though Marvel and Street Fighter have little in common at all in terms of fighting mechanics. Considering buying a fight stick too but that's only if I enjoy Marvel enough to justify purchasing one, if not I'll get SSF:IV and the stick, but we'll see.

Back