Marvel vs Capcom 3

Was it just me or is that going to use the Tatsunoko vs Capcom engine? I swear at the end Ryu looked exactly the same as he did in TvC. I'll reserve judgement until I see actual footage.

They've said something between TvC and SFIV. I guess they want it to run on the Wii, but not look like ass on the 360/PS3.

i thought it was meant to be a mix of MvC2 and SFIV, not TvC? Ah well, good to see the trailer out now. Chris, i didn't expect as a playable i will say, but yeah, i'm looking forward to this. Also, first time i've not seen Chun Li in a trailer for SF/ vs games in a while, hah.

Finally been waiting ages for this to get announced, i thought all dreams of it had died when EA got the marvel license and created the most dire of fighting games, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects. I'll be keeping a close eye on this, hope the rooster is better the the previous games.

Arbalest said:
i thought it was meant to be a mix of MvC2 and SFIV, not TvC?
You might well be right, actually, in terms of what they said.

Whatever they said, though, <a href="http://kotaku.com/5520736/a-first-look-at-marvel-vs-capcom-3s-in+game-graphics">these</a> are in-game graphics, apparently.

BlackWolf said:
Finally been waiting ages for this to get announced, i thought all dreams of it had died when EA got the marvel license and created the most dire of fighting games, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects. I'll be keeping a close eye on this, hope the rooster is better the the previous games.

*quiet voice* I liked that game.

Maybe because I suck at proper fighting games and it was vaguely powerstone/smash brosy. Plus people went flying when you hit thiem which was awesome. Was hella broken though. Iron Man > just about everyone.

Not bothering to follow this game. MVC2 was fun but unbalanced as hell, everyone pretty much tier-whored because the top tier characters made a godly combo. Seeing characters like Dante is nice for MVC3, but until the game comes out and I see how balanced the it turns out to be.

Nemphtis said:
Not bothering to follow this game. MVC2 was fun but unbalanced as hell, everyone pretty much tier-whored because the top tier characters made a godly combo. Seeing characters like Dante is nice for MVC3, but until the game comes out and I see how balanced the it turns out to be.
yeah, Cable, Sentinel, Strom etc. ruined it for me, and that's the only characters used by top tourney players, which kinda makes them all noobs effectively

sentinel top tier? since when, he was fun to use back in the days of COTA but that's about it.

See i never looked at the MvC series as tournament games, i just saw them, and still see them as fun cross over games, where you can make dream teams and test them against your opponent who more then likely would just be at the same skill level as you. I've pretty much thought this ever since Capcom got the marvel license for the first time back in '95

stuart-says-yes said:
A full character list has been leaked from the japanese website but was quickly deleted.

Marvel: Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Mr Fantastic, Captain America, Iron Man, War Machine (alternate Iron Man outfit) Elektra, Thor, X-23, Magneto, Dr Doom, Shuma-Gorath, Emma Frost, Deadpool, Super Skrull, Taskmaster, Juggernaut, She-Hulk

Capcom: Ryu, Mike Haggar, Frank West, Chuck (alternate Frank West outfit), Spencer (Bionic Commando), Dante, Chris, Morrigan, Arthur, Amaterasu , Albert Wesker, Zero, Chun-li, Viewtiful Joe, Trish, Tron Bonne, Hsien-Ko, Akuma, Felicia

I thought the creator said categorically that no Fantastic Four members would be in it? Also UGH! Elektra ... (Yay for Wesker and Joe though =3)

Last edited by a moderator:
i would've rather of had Lady than Trish, i guess it's still okay

i hope Gambit returns, because he was my fave character in MvC2

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm i'm going to call that list bogus for now, especially since there's going to be quite a few characters in it (I think that list had just under the amount of characters in the first MvC game)

Would be nice if they bought Apocalypse and Onslaught back as playable downscaled characters with completely new movesets.

that list comes to what, 38 characters? that does seem perhaps a little short for the final roster. How many where in MvC2?

a good 40-50, but maybe they're taking the KOFXII approach and going for "quality" rather than "quantity" (notice the quotation marks)

Back