Marvel vs Capcom 3

Eeehhh, I prefer MvC2 Jill but Chris essentially replaces her in that regard, and I don't care who Shuma is, I'm glad i didn't get a special edition of the game or something

I hope they put Gambit in, maybe Venom.

I liked Jill Valentine more when her name was Cammy White.

Also I think Shuma-Gorath is a fine edition, he's a returning character but he's also a fairly obscure character which is what the VS series is partially about, there's already enough popular Marvel characters in the game. Everyone wants Gambit, Venom, Carnage or Ghost Rider (ugh) but these are all 90's X-TREME characters who have long since become irrelevant and this game follows the comics.

If we get Venom this this is what he will look like most likely:

20110131045341.jpg

Needs more Dr. Stranger or Nico Minoru from Runaways. I'd also support Tessa from Red Earth from the Capcom side.

This game is actually too much hype that the hype goes full circle and becomes salt. ^_^

I actually like it a lot more than SFIV, though.

My current teams are:

Viper/Dante/Tron
Hsien-ko/Dante/Viper
Phoenix/Trish/Morrigan

I have a nice three bar Viper + Dante combo that does about 1.17m damage. ^_^

Singleplayer-wise though, the game is undercooked. Pay for more "stages" of the awful Shadow Mode? No thanks. Wait for them to add in the actual singleplayer modes and achievements via "Event Mode" and only be able to have one active at a time? Give it a rest, Capcom.

ilmaestro said:
This game is actually too much hype that the hype goes full circle and becomes salt. ^_^

I actually like it a lot more than SFIV, though.

My current teams are:

Viper/Dante/Tron
Hsien-ko/Dante/Viper
Phoenix/Trish/Morrigan

I have a nice three bar Viper + Dante combo that does about 1.17m damage. ^_^

Singleplayer-wise though, the game is undercooked. Pay for more "stages" of the awful Shadow Mode? No thanks. Wait for them to add in the actual singleplayer modes and achievements via "Event Mode" and only be able to have one active at a time? Give it a rest, Capcom.

I see that you have switched you teams around since the last time I played against you. I currently have a good team going:

Chun-Li/Jill/Wolverine

I need to play more to get used to these combo's.

I need to get time in. I mean when i played you last time ilmae i had literally not played in about 2-3 weeks since i just didn't have the time. I may have actually beaten one of your characters more often if i did >.>

I'm still trying to work out a decent team for me, Jill is one i'm intent on keeping in the group, but i'm not sure for the rest. I just need a bit of time to muck about with partner combos i guess.

I still play regularly but I haven't progressed that much, my main team for now is Hsien-Ko/Hulk/Shuma-Gorath, I also still use Felicia/Hulk/Doom as well but that's mostly just for fun.

Yes, I have been switching my team around a bit Reevo, I suspect I was still playing Hsien-ko/Amaterasu/Phoenix when we last played? I was always working away on Dante and Viper in the background, was just waiting for when I'd actually learnt something with them. ^^;

And Felicia is definitely a mad fun character, Lupus, quite tempted to use her a bit myself.

Saw it yesterday raged for like 30 minutes at how horrible the Capcom side was, but the Mahvel side is godly. Too bad the internet is full of butthurt because MegaMan is being killed and "MY FAV NOSTALGIA 90S CHARACTER ISN'T IT, BAWWWW." Rocket Raccoon and Nova are easily a better choice than any garbage like Gambit, Cable, Carnage, etc. Still shocked that Cyclops isn't in though, no one likes Cyclops.

Sparrow: Yup, gonna be a separate, budget-priced release like Super Street Fighter IV was.

Also massively agree with Lupus though, can't believe they've shown a bit of originality with the character choices. Still a ridiculous lack of female characters, though.

Well, now that I've calmed down, the only character I really want is Frank and considering DR2OTR is out in October I don't mind too much. However, if Cyclops had been on there...

Saw this and was looking very much forward to it. The roster was leaked within like, five minutes of it's announcement. I won't throw it up here unless people want me to, but i was happy for one character, and that was it.

You know, the other day I was moaning about my lack of this game, due to money troubles and the like, when I hear about this...I may get my chance to own it yet.

Just looked at the character rooster and I can't find a problem with the choices, makes a welcome change, I mean they could of always brought Onslaught and Apocalypse back...

BlackWolf said:
You know, the other day I was moaning about my lack of this game, due to money troubles and the like, when I hear about this...I may get my chance to own it yet.

Just looked at the character rooster and I can't find a problem with the choices, makes a welcome change, I mean they could of always brought Onslaught and Apocalypse back...

I have to applaud them for bringing in characters they said would never work due to fan demand (Ghost Rider, Phoenix and Nemesis who they said would up the rating). That's pretty ballsy. I do think the raccoon is a bit of a waste. I've never heard of him (and I'm not stranger to comics), I don't object to his presence but he's clearly only there because he's a wacky character rather than one anyone actually wanted.

I'm interested to see how Pheonix Wright would play in this, Frank I can see how he'll turn out, along with Nemesis, Vergil, Strider used to be on my team in MvC2 for a while, dunno who the hell Rocket Raccoon is, and why the hell is Firebrand here?

Still, this is a major dick move from Capcom, the game hasn't even been out for a year and they've got the balls to announce an updated version of the game, thank **** I didn't bother getting it at launch.

memorium said:
I'm interested to see how Pheonix Wright would play in this, Frank I can see how he'll turn out, along with Nemesis, Vergil, Strider used to be on my team in MvC2 for a while, dunno who the hell Rocket Raccoon is, and why the hell is Firebrand here?

Still, this is a major dick move from Capcom, the game hasn't even been out for a year and they've got the balls to announce an updated version of the game, thank **** I didn't bother getting it at launch.

it's only JUST been out half a year. With many teases for more dlc but none delivered. If the characters pop up for dlc then I'd definitely bite, but I'm not going to be a whole new game and lose all my progress.

The changes look more and more interesting as I go along.

Also, apparently Rocket Racoon has all the powers of a normal Earth racoon. How can he not be awesome?

Sparrowsabre7 said:
With many teases for more dlc but none delivered.
In their defence, I kind of believe them when they say that there was a huge earthquake and tsunami in Japan that disrupted some business' plans.

ilmaestro said:

Also, apparently Rocket Racoon has all the powers of a normal Earth racoon. How can he not be awesome?

Sparrowsabre7 said:
In their defence, I kind of believe them when they say that there was a huge earthquake and tsunami in Japan that disrupted some business' plans.
That is a plausible excuse, they do put a damper on them

ilmaestro said:

Sparrowsabre7 said:

I'm not blaming them for a delay, I'm blaming them for going for this instead of dlc. Why not do both like Resident Evil 5? If they sell the characters at the price Jill and Shuma went for, they'd make MORE money off the dlc than someone buying the new game, but for those who don't want to lose their progress (like me) they might be willing to pay a little more, or just buy the ones they want, while people who held off buying MVC will still get the ultimate.

From what i saw, Jill and Shuma where "?" on the new character select screen for Ultimate, so they still are DLC characters only even for that until Capcom confirm otherwise.

I'm fine with this being a disk release, though i wouldn't mind so much if they did it the same way they just handled SSFIV: Arcade Edition. Since that was released as DLC as well on all three formats, so it could work to an extent.

Back