Manga Entertainment need to take a chill pill

teonzo said:
ayase said:
Isn't it just Jerome? And isn't Jerome more-or-less in charge at Manga UK anyway? So wouldn't you just be asking Jerome to fire himself?

Basing on the mental strength he is showing on his tweets, I suppose he could be able to fire himself and then blame ConanThe3rd for what happened.

Teo

Yes "blame" him, with a nice shiny medal and a plate off hobnobs

Rui said:
It is bizarre how Manga UK are the only company where following them on Twitter makes me buy fewer of their products than I did in the first place.

R
Some of their comments (Especially the fansperger's one) have really made me reconsider buying some of their stuff. I thought the Enigma comment was pretty cool...until I looked it up. Now I don't know if it was a jokey compliment or not. (I'm like Morita from Morita-san wa Mukuchi; I think about everything too much).

If the K-ON! Blu-ray boxset gets cancelled, that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. Especially if I can get a multi-region BD player sorted out sometime soon. (Hell, as it stands, I'm prioritising FUNi's Fairy Tail release over Manga's - may cost me more, but it's on Region A/B blu-ray).

Sure, the majority of my anime purchases this year have been from them, but that's due to their market dominance.

Joshawott said:
Did MangaUK really retweet this tweet?

How immature...

Seriosuly what the **** is wrong with this guy? Sure, I don't expect them to take insults (no matter how justified) lying down (even though that is a more advisable business practice..) but there's surely a better way to verbally spar with someone in a light-hearted manner without calling someone a troll or throwing a hissy fit.

Well we know they got their priorities right, they would rather respond to the people who hate them and most likely don't support them than the ones that want to support them but can't get the answers they want out of them.

There's one thing to speak colloqially with your fans, which can be good for company:customer relations as it feels more personal, but it does seem like Jerome goes the wrong way at times.

I remember he rubbed people up the wrong way with the comments he directed my way about Spice and Wolf, which ironically was how I ended up here, as it'd generated a topic.

This is the sort of thing I'd expect to see from a private twitter, not a company's one.

teonzo said:
ayase said:
Isn't it just Jerome? And isn't Jerome more-or-less in charge at Manga UK anyway? So wouldn't you just be asking Jerome to fire himself?

Basing on the mental strength he is showing on his tweets, I suppose he could be able to fire himself and then blame ConanThe3rd for what happened.

Teo
He could try. But then again, I'll just quietly print out his Twtter time line (any part of it, really) and he'd have no case.

alexrose1uk said:
Hahaha "Winning...the manga way!" ;)
Banging seven gram rocks, that's how he rolls #Winning?

Other people have been mentioned before - an unnamed intern and a girl who's name begins with an L.
I can't see this series of tweets at the moment unfortunately.

I think that everyone else writes all the 'Buy our stuff now!' tweets and adds the Amazon links...

While the Head of Marketing and Acquisitions actually does all the interacting with the fans...

The enigma comment to me would fall under banter, thinking more about it. It's a cool sounding word anyway, regardless of meaning.

And @JPT - I hope that's the case...don't want a company full of Jermones xD

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Joshawott said:
The enigma comment to me would fall under banter, thinking more about it. It's a cool sounding word anyway, regardless of meaning.

And @JPT - I hope that's the case...don't want a company full of Jermones xD

Zee Jermones? :p
I was thinking they'd be in fish tanks like Rei.

Manga Enterainment have just posted a series of Tweets condemning illegal downloading. Of course, we wouldn't need to illegally download films, TV shows and anime if we could get by legal means - but that's what you get when you keep constantly cancelling releases resulting in no other option.

Ian Wolf said:
Manga Enterainment have just posted a series of Tweets condemning illegal downloading. Of course, we wouldn't need to illegally download films, TV shows and anime if we could get by legal means - but that's what you get when you keep constantly cancelling releases resulting in no other option.
Obviously we're supposed to buy the cancelled, unreleased legal releases That's basic (9.9).

Although in context, wasn't Jerome talking about WolvieGate?

Back