Japan not best pleased by Brexit

I would have thought the same as ayase, I just can't imagine there are that many people out there these days who hold his abhorrent beliefs. I mean, think of all the people his views already alienate (poor people, women, gay people, non-religious people). But I suppose it's like with Boris, these awful and outspoken upper-crust eccentrics seem to be surprisingly successful. But yeah maybe it is all a media thing, I hope so.

I just can't imagine there are that many people out there these days who hold his abhorrent beliefs.
I don't wish to alarm you but there's literally entire countries that hold his beliefs.
I mean, think of all the people his views already alienate (poor people, women, gay people, non-religious people)
his religious views alienate non-religious people??? I'm sorry you've lost me, I could see why you might (ignorantly) think he alienates the poor, women, and homosexuals but that last one is just plain ludicrous.

Last edited:
his religious views alienate non-religious people??? I'm sorry you've lost me, I could see why you might (ignorantly) think he alienates the poor, women, and homosexuals but that last one is just plain ludicrous.

Some people aren't keen on the opinions of one religion dominating government policy, because it's 2017 and a lot of the religious views in question thrive on oppressing others rather than peacefully coexisting as personal views. I'm actively not religious and I don't want baloney about the (Christian) religious ideas of marriage and procreation being trotted out as more valid than those values held by other belief systems.

I also personally think he's an idiot, not that that has ever held anyone back in politics.

R

Some people aren't keen on the opinions of one religion dominating government policy, R
Some people clearly don't realize that the issues of same sex marriage and women's rights to abortions are not determined by the prime minister or party policies but by the house of commons on free votes, so being intolerant of someone's religious views based on a fantasy that the government is going to overturn gay marriage and illegalize abortions is absolutely vile.

Last edited:
But it's also okay to think his opinions are vile and to express the belief you would never want them implemented as government policy, yeah?

We are talking about opinions after all, not facts. If you can call Vash's opinion ignorant is it not okay for him to call Rees-Mogg's opinions abhorrent?

I do notice a trend these days that people think it's okay for them to take issue with anybody else's opinions, but when someone attacks theirs, suddenly the people doing so are intolerant bigots. We're all allowed to have opinions and to debate them, but opinions by definition can't be objectively right or wrong.

But it's also okay to think his opinions are vile and to express the belief you would never want them implemented as government policy, yeah?

We are talking about opinions after all, not facts. If you can call Vash's opinion ignorant is it not okay for him to call Rees-Mogg's opinions abhorrent?
I'm a strong believer in freedom of speech so people can express whatever opinions they like, just don't go crying when someone challenges them.

I'm a strong believer in freedom of speech
As am I. Who's stopping you having and expressing opinions under threat of violence Ken? You're allowed to think and say you find other people's opinions vile and they're allowed to think the same of yours and say so. Nobody's being oppressed here. Outnumbered perhaps, but that's hardly the same thing. That's how democracy works, isn't it? If three people vote the other way to you, you don't get two extra votes to make it fair.

As am I. Who's stopping you having and expressing opinions under threat of violence Ken? You're allowed to think and say you find other people's opinions vile and they're allowed to think the same of yours and say so. Nobody's being oppressed here. Outnumbered perhaps, but that's hardly the same thing. That's how democracy works, isn't it? If three people vote the other way to you, you don't get two extra votes to make it fair.
Oh! I wasn't taking about myself I was taking about society as whole.

And I wrote violence not threat of violence, there a big difference between someone saying there going to punch you in the face and someone actually punching you in the face.

Last edited:
Why for the love of **** do people try to write goddamn essays on Twitter, a platform specifically designed for the exact opposite? It's absolutely horrible to read. It's not like it's difficult to get a free blog and then simply stick a link on your Twitter to the blog. /rant

As for the content, my attitude remains one of "I'm not going to have any strong feelings one way or another until something actually happens".

Isn't that the same Jonathan Lis who conceived the legal challenge regarding Britain’s apparent automatic withdrawal from the European Economic Area, which is now being brought before the courts, all because he didn't like the outcome of the referendum and was willing to go against the democratic will of the people.

Isn't that the same Jonathan Lis who conceived the legal challenge regarding Britain’s apparent automatic withdrawal from the European Economic Area, which is now being brought before the courts, all because he didn't like the outcome of the referendum and was willing to go against the democratic will of the people.

I'm getting a little bit tired of this "will of the people" crap. People deserve warning if things are going badly, and if opponents of Brexit are the only people willing to give them that, then they'll have to do.

Perhaps you should be encouraging Ms May to be more honest and realistic if you don't like other people's negativity. Let's hear the bad news from the horse's mouth for once.

I'm getting a little bit tired of this "will of the people"
your not the only one many dictators share the opinion
People deserve warning if things are going badly
I concur
Perhaps you should be encouraging Ms May to be more honest and realistic if you don't like other people's negativity. Let's hear the bad news from the horse's mouth for once.
Honest politician, you crack me up sometimes Buzz pal

Edit just realised my phone put concern instead of concur dame you autocorrect

Last edited:
your not the only one many dictators share the opinion
I concern
Honest politician, you crack me up sometimes Buzz pal

What I meant was that I was fed up of anybody concerned about Brexit being dismissed because the people voted for it. The people didn't vote for the Brexit we're seemingly getting, they voted for the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, sunshine and rainbows Brexit we were promised. We have every right to object to the failure to deliver such a Brexit.

Maybe if you stopped accepting their lies they'd be compelled to tell the truth. Brexit is too important to accept whatever crap May, Johnson and Rees-Mogg are selling us. Demand the truth -- the full truth, warts and all, not whatever truth Paul Dacre would be happy with.

You're welcome to think the pain is worth it, you're welcome to think the concerns of "Remoaners" are wrong and whiny, but please for the love of god, don't let them get away with hiding anything. We need to know everything, warts and all.

The people didn't vote for the Brexit we're seemingly getting, they voted for the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, sunshine and rainbows Brexit we were promised.
I disagree, I believe people are intelligent and knew exactly what they were voting for e.g leaving The EU/Single Market
Maybe if you stopped accepting their lies they'd be compelled to tell the truth. Brexit is too important to accept whatever crap May, Johnson and Rees-Mogg are selling us. Demand the truth -- the full truth, warts and all, not whatever truth Paul Dacre would be happy with.
Type the Word Brexit in your search engine and you'll see why the words of politicians are irrelevant to people's understanding on how not having access to the single market is Bad for the country
You're welcome to think the pain is worth it, you're welcome to think the concerns of "Remoaners" are wrong and whiny, but please for the love of god, don't let them get away with hiding anything. We need to know everything, warts and all.
I'm sorry I simply don't buy into the elitist notion that people are stupid and believe everything politicians say like it's the word of God, nearly everybody these days has access to the internet and like I said before a simple type of the word Brexit will reveal all the negative ways brexit will affect the country.

Well I think most people on both sides of this debate (and in general) are pretty stupid and easily swayed by propaganda (it wouldn't really be a thing if it didn't work would it?) which seems to be the general purpose of most of the mainstream media. And most politicians are always going to lie and spin and ultimately don't really care about what the people want, only what they want. Which is why I remain unconvinced hard Brexit is even a possibility. We only have a few months to work it out? If they can't it'll get extended. Neither the government nor the EU want a hard Brexit.

We never get anything resembling the truth from the government and frankly, even if and when the truth does come out, and it's horrifying, nothing happens because their lapdogs in the media spin it - Just look at the Iraq War situation. Everybody now knows that war was bullsh*t founded on lies that the people telling them knew to be lies, but eh, so what, it's only over a hundred thousand people dead and an entire region destabilised for decades. You think these same people give a damn if anyone wants the Brexit process to be transparent or accountable? They're above the law. They're not supposed to be and they'll sing platitudes about the "rule of law" and how important and great it is, but when it comes down to it they are. They'll do whatever they want - The politician's main concern in this process is not seeing through the "will of the people", it's being seen to do things that are vote-winners come the next election. That's the state of politics, that's the state of "democracy".

The Brexit process is being followed through for the survival of the Conservative and Labour parties not because they want it, but because if they go back on it they stand to lose voters in massive numbers. And that might be terrible but I'm not sure what the alternative is, because when you have a ready-made voting bloc of however many million people voted for Brexit - Labour, Tory and otherwise, that's a hell of a base for someone (be it Farage or whoever) to galvanise against a parliament who betrayed them by undermining democracy. Not necessarily my belief, but you can bet it would be their words. And they'd find receptive ears.

I think people are starting to open there eyes and see the government's/media for what they are. The influence they once had over the people is a thing of the past, they know this and it scares them so much that they've started to crack down and censor anything that contradicts there narrative.

Oh, I think trust for the mainstream media is at an all time low. Doesn't mean people aren't equally influenced now by whatever blogger or twitter tw*t tells them what they want to hear, in the same way the tabloids used to.

I like to think of them as the lessor evil seeing as the average blogger/political commentator online isn't part of the whole corruption/paedophilia that is prominent in the ruling elite.

Back