Japan not best pleased by Brexit

Reading about the rations I have to say that BS spin like 1 person wrote I've seen a video covering that a while ago. I've also heard about what trump told may, we would basically have had an instant deal with the US, they wouldn't be the only ones who want trade either, but thanks to may's deal we've pretty much got no brexit and there's no point in trade deals outside of the EU with what we would have now. I'm forgetting who said it and I've just read it -.- but I agree that it was still too close, and still may have been if more people voted for a total no deal brexit, perhaps having the EU still having the last say on trade and some reworked version of what may has for immigration would have been better, I still would say though a no deal brexit would only give a short turbulent period for trade to change hands, that is if it is true a few others were throwing themselves for direct trade with Britain

I'm still on the crashing and burning spectrum this week so I can't do my usual slightly thought out input but I just wanna say, Merkel is a b*tch.
Also, saying those who are pro brexit are fat and sweaty is uncalled for tbh.

I'm still on the crashing and burning spectrum this week so I can't do my usual slightly thought out input but I just wanna say, Merkel is a b*tch.
Also, saying those who are pro brexit are fat and sweaty is uncalled for tbh.
they did say "old people will die and not live to see the consequences" sort of thing because a lot of brexiteers were people like, you know, old enough to see it change from the trade deal the UK needed. I don't really want to listen to many "mainstream" people on it, the kind of people who said trump was literally the apocalypse, they say the same thing about brexit. we do have a means of production in our own country, we're good at it, it's just we're not able to make everything ourselves and thanks to the EU licence for many things would be a problem for us if we weren't part of it now

The media is bullsh*t and biased and basically reports whatever the highest bidder wants.

I remember thinking Trump was a sh*tc*nt when I saw the footage of him walking in front of the Queen, and how it was reported he was late etc but at a later date, unedited footage came out to show he WAS ON TIME and how she gestured FOR HIM TO GO FIRST. Yeah he's simple as hell so even when she gestured he looked like a dim rude ass lol and yeah he's just a cringey person overall but the media is PROPAGANDA.

I don't think trump is totally bad, how he speaks of trade and well, he's certainly helped the economy in america - he's effectively kept a promise to the working class, but pulling out of the french climate thing is a bit controversial and some of his relations with other nations make him look like he thinks he's in a big budget movie. maybe he's good for some economic benefit, but the rest of what he does isn't really fitting for his office

Oh yeah whilst not everything he's done is top notch, he said he was going to do this and that and he bloody did them! So good on him for that. The UK government is horse sh*t. They've never copped to anything they said they would do. I know a lot of Brexit supporters are p*ssed as they too, said a lot in their campaign and that and then buggered off once they Won the vote. It doesn't seem like anything said in the pro campaign, is an agenda item for May and her Brexit so either way, no ones getting what they voted for tbh.

My stance has always been and will remain to be, that we need a points system like Canada and Australia. They don't get sh*t for it. Those countries don't get called racist yet I recall when Farage was saying as such for the UK, he was branded one. Top notch bias. Top notch personal opinion over an educated one.

Again if I'm not that eloquent or clear with my words, it's cause I'm severely lagging and have been all week.

Spent the last 2 days protesting Brexit outside parliament.

The Leavers happily used Nazi salutes, told us once Brexit happens they'll put us in concentration camps and told the EU nationals amongst us to leave as this "ain't your country".

And people wonder why I'm so vocally against this. What proud times for the UK...

I understand why you'd want to complain but what makes you think people will actually listen? If the government listened to the British public's opinion when it wasn't inline with theirs then this country would be very different. Most of the time, if politicians thought citizens would not agree with something they tend to just not tell them - it's easier.

Actual Nazis on our streets is reason enough for anyone decent to be there to oppose them.

I didn't pick this fight. But as the saying goes, if good people do nothing that is evil enough.

I didn't pick this fight.

Quick Google later:
pick a fight - to talk or behave in such a way as to provoke a fight or argument.
I didn't pick this fight with you if we go with your interpretation, but by replying to you I am by definition picking a fight. Unless I specify at the end here "I'm not picking a fight". That's the difference see.

The Leavers happily used Nazi salutes, told us once Brexit happens they'll put us in concentration camps and told the EU nationals amongst us to leave as this "ain't your country".

And people wonder why I'm so vocally against this. What proud times for the UK...

Please don't tar all us leavers with the same brush. Everyone had a chance to vote, we did vote & this is the outcome. It's nobody's right to speak for the motivations of those who voted in opposition of their own views and considering your vote more relevant than someone else's negates any moral high ground stance. Everyone has a right to protest but you need to remember that you are protesting the choice of a voted majority and another referendum would show that the government is heavily biased & present a step away from democracy which I'm sure you don't want.

If you think all of us leavers voted to get rid of foreigners you're sorely misguided; it was never a factor in my decision and I am all for integrating anyone that will be an asset to this country regardless of nationality or creed. Of course the country will suffer in the short term, that's a given, but it's all about the long game. I believe that we will recover, become stronger and have more power and flexibility than under the EU, it may take a generation or two but that's to be expected with such a huge change. The EU may seem big but they only make up a small part of the world and whilst the concept is good the reality is far from it and there's plenty more nations out there with something to offer.

This country will survive and prosper with unity, not by painting anyone who voted differently to you as some pantomime villain, that's just childish and unproductive and plays into the media who love to perpetuate this division as it sells well.

We're all in the same boat right now, not because of the decision to leave the EU but because of the implementation. We have a self serving government purposefully sabotaging the proceedings due to their own vested interests, which has greatly undermined our country's negotiations and position on the global stage, and when they are done it is all of us that will suffer.

take the "evil" sting out of nazi germany and take a look at the more obvious things they were doing when they invaded countries (the holocaust wasn't obvious, they got away with it because the nature of the camps weren't public knowledge) the most obvious thing was imposing rule, law and other structures of german society onto the invaded nations, our great grandparents fought to keep german laws out of british courts sort of thing, the EU is basically doing the same thing through trade and think it's acceptable. yes nazis are an extreme to compare to but as I said nations don't fare well when one country's values and laws are being forced on them.

britain wants trade, that's all we'll need. it's the only reason anything will be shaky if there's a no deal, immigration doesn't really need to be a part of it, those who work here legally are flippin' hysterical if they think they'll lose jobs over brexit, we'll still need foreigners in certain jobs so no one handling it would close borders, the way May is handling it now though, Brexit is just hot air to try and keep the trust of the 52% (and from non - voters I'd say around 53-54%) but for this cowboy, it ain't working. May never wanted it and will act like she couldn't get a deal

Actual Nazis on our streets is reason enough for anyone decent to be there to oppose them.
Ah, let's not go mad. I think calling any of the two-to-three letter acronym (maybe four letter, now) far-right thugs we've had in the UK over the past six or seven decades Nazis is kinda insulting to the actual Nazis. You'll know things are really going the fascists' way when the corporations get on board with them, but that would necessitate our long succession of rudderless Röhms actually have a Hitler (and an inner circle waiting in the background to do them in) something none of them, not even Steven Yakko Warner Palmer-Tommyson for all his foreign aid money can claim (unless David Horowitz, Nina Rosenwald, Daniel Pipes and Robert Shillman are Hitler, Goebbels, Göring and Himmler in this instance, which would be an interesting twist on er, all of their parts and one that would certainly have old Adolf spinning in his grave if it weren't so full of concrete. At least now we know the reason for the tragiculous spectacle of the EDL performing Roman salutes while waving Israeli flags a couple of years back).

I like that you stand up for what you believe in HellCat, truly. But I do think you maybe you expect (or despair) a bit too much of others in terms of not believing in or standing up for those things. Brexit is an absolute bloody shambles for a long list of reasons and regardless of whatever face of the hellish polyhedron of beliefs surrounding the issue you happen to stand on. It would be nice if it were so clear-cut and simple that we could pin everything wrong with the situation on a few dozen easily discredited Nazis and conveniently ignore anyone else, even those on the other side, who might be in some way to blame (hey, like the Nuremberg trials, more historical references) but we can't. That would be disingenuous. This is a tangled mess of a situation with extremists trying to use the opportunity to go mainstream and radicalise people, elites trying to defend/fudge an increasingly indefensible status quo, poor people who are just sick of their lives being sh*t, comfortable people who don't realise or care about the reasons why those people's lives are sh*t or see why that should be detrimental to them in any way, along with many more various and sundry.

If there was one thing I think I've tried, possibly unsuccessfully, to get across in this thread in terms of my do-nothing fence-sitting here it's that I can't find a side to stand with because all I see here outside the black sports of the far right is shades of grey, and most of them pretty dark grey. While it's not a business as usual situation, it is still business as usual in politics - Everyone appears to be out for themselves here, even the people who have the noblest of intentions (and oh, they all send me plenty of evangelizing e-mails) are being used if not directly, then at least for propaganda and publicity purposes by people who almost certainly don't have their interests at heart and who will ultimately end up coming out of this stronger. I have no desire to be a pawn for Jacob Rees-Mogg or Boris Johnson's political games but nor do I really want to be a pawn for Chuka Umunna and Peter Mandelson's either. And if strengthening the hand of either of those camps is my choice, which it currently appears to be, then a plague on both their houses.

Back