Heroes TV Series

I just watched the first season, part one, box set and i must admit it's a wicked show - I did a heroes marathon and was finally kicked of the tv.

I love the premise and the fact that the person who gets the best secret ability is Hiro. Wish I could bend time and space - I would hop over to Tokyo whenever I felt like it.

I know what you mean... We're in Russia.... honest :? Sadly, that was the first thing I've had a good moan about on Heroes. I think I'll let them off this time. The series is totaly worth it so far.
:D

Spoilers!!!
Just watched the next episode of Heroes Series 2!! ZOMG!! I'm loving it. I totaly had a feeling the guy from the past would still be alive (that would also explain how he pushed Hiros dad over the edge and survived). Still shocked me like. My god! There were so many many advancments in the story in this episode. Hiro is back!!, Peter met his mum, lost the Irish chick and met ADAM all in one episode too. No Syler in this episode though. Why oh why do I have to wait another week for the next :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit i am still on season one and yet I can't stop reading the spoilers for season 2, I can't wait for BBC2's Heroes to hurry up and end so i can start on season 2

Its a shame that season 2 has finally hit its stride and then the writers strike happens :( There's talk that the season finale may be on the 3rd of december if the strike continues

BlackWolf said:
Its a shame that season 2 has finally hit its stride and then the writers strike happens :( There's talk that the season finale may be on the 3rd of december if the strike continues
NOOOOOOO||||||!!!!!......
Get a hold of yourself voddas!! Remember, absence make the heart grow fonder.
::Arches back whilst breathing heavily::

Voddas said:
BlackWolf said:

Why?!?! Surely NBC are paying the writers a more than respectable amount for Heroes. Greedy *****.

But, If its all new writers for the second half of season two, It MAY be better. . .or worse. *gulp*

Jayme said:
Voddas said:
BlackWolf said:

Why?!?! Surely NBC are paying the writers a more than respectable amount for Heroes. Greedy *****.

But, If its all new writers for the second half of season two, It MAY be better. . .or worse. *gulp*

It's more than just NBC's writers, it's all the writers in the US Writers Union. They're not getting their share of DVD/online sales of shows they write so the whole union's on strike for that reason and will affect over 90% of US shows that have union writers (can't remember the only few non-union shows) so the US TV schedule will soon be full of reruns and reality TV that don't need scripts.

I see this affecting Sky One the most of all our channels, next season of 24 might be delayed till next year, Lost s4 might not air, many other shows will be ending abruptly (like the final season of Scrubs).

Most of this info I got from my brother so it may not be accurate, though the last writers strike in the 80's going for 22 weeks is fact (this 1 is planned for atleast 2 weeks).

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnhfnxlDA7U sXePhil's video on the subject, I recommend you subscribe to his YouTube channel

Jayme said:
Voddas said:
BlackWolf said:

Well according to the creators, season 2 is split up into two or three smaller story arcs, so they were going to end the current story arc on december 3rd anyway. Besides i'm hoping that strike ends soon i need to know more about whats going on! Even though next weeks ep looks to be set to answer some of my questions including why stylar lost his powers for example, and just how did Peter survive been blown up anyway?

Oh yeah, I doo remember hearing of this. Writers are wanting a percentage of the profit instead of bing paid to write. That way if a writer does a master piece, he'll be loaded but if it's crap, they'll get next to nowt. Could work either way for them.
IMO writers should get a % coz people can write films and make thousands but the film makes millions. Does seem a bit harsh. If it involves delaying Heroes though...... I might have to get angry!!
You won't like me when I'm ANGRY!!!!!

After watching episode 7 i've completely changed my attitude to series 2.
It was incredibly predictable, Adam Munroe being Kensei i guessed that like immedietly. It seems to be dragging it out more than series 1 even in the early stages, but whilst series 1 kept you on the edge of your seat this just doesn't, i don't like how the cast seems to be split in to two. One episode features one half the cast, the next the other and the green screens are diabolical. I hope the series picks its self up.
I want Sylar to be an mega anti hero this series but the characters travelling with him are just poor.

I agree pretty much LukasROAR. Its fallen down a tad. I still think its superior to the first season. I think the novelty of it being "OMFG HEROES" has calmed down.

I wonder what they are going to do with Sylar as he's leaving filming to go and shoot the new Star Trek film. So i wonder what they are going to do with his character, praying they don't kill him off as he has a lot of potential this series.

Wow!!. Episode 9 was somewhat extraordinary. I loved almost every minute.

I think this volume ends at episode 11, or so I've heard. You can feel the climatic end is near.
Then probably/Hopefully Heroes: Origins, Although Wikipedia disputes that idea because of the writers strike. Not a great loss anywho.

I want moar.

I think the heroes: Origin series was cancelled. If this writers strike continues (though there has been reports that meetings will take place after thanksgiving) then the end of the volume will be the end of the series for the time being :( Which is a bad thing.

Gutted if Origins gets cancelled, i was really looking forward to it.
Series 2 so far has been so predictable and mediocre at that, compared to series one. Reading a page on teletxt which quoted Tim Kring (creator and writer) apologizing for a choice of wrong storylines etc after this series' poor rating and plot lines.

I agree that Series 2 has been much of a dissapointment following the first series. It doesn't have the suspense or shocks to keep me as interested anymore. Watching the next episode tonight but by the sounds of previouse posts it's not going to be any better
:(
Hoping that Origins doesn't get cancled either. Was looking forward to random series of different stories. I want to see some superhero fighting!!!

Back