Heroes TV Series

I just hope it's better than the poor and predictable series 2.
Think i'm gunna wait for a load to air and watch them collectively as i'm not a huge fan of the cliffhanger endings in which it takes 3 episodes to get back round to that character to find out what's happened.

I just started watching Season 1 again last night. Planning on watching it threw to date. At least by then there'll be more than one episode to watch when I catch up. Plus my misses didn't watch it first time round so I'm making her watch it with me ^_^

Right, I just watched the first episode. Only because the BBC have decided to not show the first episode on BBCHD, only the second, which I find utterly ridculous. And, because of that, I found no need whatsoever to wait for the regular SD Broadcast this wednesday - So, Now I'm waiting for that glorious 10PM Wednesday night BBCHD Broadcast and hoping it'll look fabulous.

To the episode itself, Simply put - It was better than the entire second volume, and probably the first. As usual, many questions need answering but even if the answered aren't given, I couldn't care less. It was pure awesome!

What have you lot been making of the third volume? I've lost my respect for the series entirely. I love watching Heroes [and still do], but it's so damn ridiculous.

It's so disjointed and messy it actually looks like they are making it up on the set, so they have run through all the possible obvious plot holes, making absolutely everything logical, or explainable, in a way. So, now, anything can happen, but nothing that happens you really care about.

OH ****, Someone dies. CLAIRE! Yeah, all better now. 'kay.

Thoughts?

It was awesome seeing Matt Parkman, The Speedster and the Black Hole guy at the expo, though. Parkman was awesome.

I'm uptodate with BBC3 when it come to heroes. I must admit, it is taking a LOST turn (LOST oun intended). During the writers strike it looks like they went round the NBC building asking people to stick a random idea in a hat. They then took the best ideas from this and stuck them on a roulette wheel and gambled for each episode.
Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the series. It just doesn't feel like the same effort went into the story line in comparison to Series 1 and Seaon 2. It looks like their doing what LOST has done. They know what will happen at the end but haven't decided how long they'll stretch the series till they get there. Depends how long they can keep the fans hooked. I was disapppointed but will continue watching it.
Next episode (6) is aired tonight!

They don't know the ending, I think that is the problem. It's going somewhere, but no one knows where. They can only vaguely see the end of each volume. Lost, I haven't seen since S2, but seems to have quite a loyal fanbase now has always had a beginning, middle and end.

Heroes, could literally go on for a few decades, if the cast revolves.

It has made me value S2 a little bit more, though. It's not the same heroic-type show [as S1], and Claire's boyfriend is annoying, but the understanding and the characters are more interesting.

The world doesn't need to end every season, like DBZ.

:lol:
But if they couldn't save the world they'd have nothing to do. I can't see how there can ever be an end to Heroes to be honest. It's turning into a MutantX series (if you recall that). I can totally see it running for at least a decade as well. Not like that would take too much considering it's 12 episodes every 12 months. ¬_¬

LOST is now 12 episodes every 12 months aswell.... OMG I just want to know what happens at the end!!!!!

At least with 24 you get a beginning and end in every season.... I feel I'm going off a tangent now so I'll zip up.

Voddas said:
:lol:
But if they couldn't save the world they'd have nothing to do. I can't see how there can ever be an end to Heroes to be honest. It's turning into a MutantX series (if you recall that). I can totally see it running for at least a decade as well. Not like that would take too much considering it's 12 episodes every 12 months. ¬_¬

LOST is now 12 episodes every 12 months aswell.... OMG I just want to know what happens at the end!!!!!

At least with 24 you get a beginning and end in every season.... I feel I'm going off a tangent now so I'll zip up.

Lost is ending next year i think it was...i know the creators have said they are building towards the end now.

As for Heroes i'm quite liking this new season to be honest, and since i was a fan of Mutant X i wouldn't mind if that was the case :p

Though as much as i'm liking Heroes i'm enjoying Fringe a lot more

BlackWolf said:
Lost is ending next year i think it was...i know the creators have said they are building towards the end now.
LOST had two longer series left but the creators decided to break those two series into three shorter 12 episode series and each series will be shown at the end of January each year. The last series and indeed the ending i scheduled to air in Jan/Feb 2010!! OMFG!

BlackWolf said:
Though as much as i'm liking Heroes i'm enjoying Fringe a lot more
I'm enjoying both, equally, I think. I love Fringe, but because its so stupid, yet has quite a lot more behind it than Heroes. I hope they don't drag out the romance between the two mains (a la, X-Files). I can easily say, though, I anticipate the episodes on Sky1 so much more than I do Heroes.

I think we should make a US TV Thread. Then we can discuss Terminator, Fringe, etc all together. Hopefully, someone else on here has a soft spot for Teen Drama - Gossip Girl is my favourite, at the moment.

I thought it did, but no... It doesn't. The next best guess is obviously the 11th. I'm not expecting much, Brian Fuller being on board is somewhat of a redeeming feature but the whole returning-to-normal lifestyle after everything that happened in V3 will be weird. Not that I care about continuity if I'm watching Heroes.

I do actually miss the show when it goes off air for an extended period of time, though. I love discussing, in relative nerdiness with friends about how awesome a certain character is or how bad and cheesy something was. I.e. That state gettin' blown up

I'm also missing Fringe, because I want it to get better. It got remotely interesting before the break.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back