Heroes TV Series

chaos said:
McIcy said:
I completely missed the start of season 2 last night as was stuck with family, am gonna have to hope it gets repeated some time this week :(

sad to be the one to tell you, but you've missed nothing... =(
the second series is rubish... I do hope volume 3 pick it up again.

100% agree
Think i'm gunna wait for all of voule 3 to come out then watch it in 2 or 3 viewings. I just can't be doing with it week in week out with only little bits of information revealed and then waiting a few eps for your fave characters to come back in it.
I just hope volume 3 isn't as damn predictable.
They've got a lot of work to do to make up for the last effort.

The only slightly interesting thing so far has been Parkman (who rules anyway)and Nathan being mysterious in episode 4, and Sylar just being involved in the series.

Claire and West are about to send me over the edge... =/

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron said:
The only slightly interesting thing so far has been Parkman (who rules anyway)and Nathan being mysterious in episode 4, and Sylar just being involved in the series.

Claire and West are about to send me over the edge... =/

The whole Claire and West thing doesn't really get any better just to warn you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for bumping this back up, but didn't think it was a good idea to start a new topic for Season 3.

Anyway, promos are out in America for season 3: Villains, and I have to say its looking pretty amazing to me. Early comments are saying that its a return to form for the series, and I'm really excited.

The main trailer is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZgf-nrcoTQ
If you decide to watch, it does contain some spoilers, but then again so do most trailers.

The third season is starting on the 22nd of September in the states, and BBC have said they're going to air the new season as closely as possible to the American air date. I've heard that it's going to be 8 days later, but I don't know if that's been confirmed yet. BBC have also got exclusive rights for all seasons of Heroes made from now on, so there's no chance that Sky One is going to nab it like they did with Lost.

Also, Tim Kring's said that the current title for Volume 4 - which starts mid way through this tv season, so around episode 13 or 14, will be Fugitives. The possibilities for that are endless, and I'm so excited.

That's good news, i may be able to withhold watching it real time with the states :p Does that mean scifi won't be able to show it now? But can't wait for vol 3 (anyone that calls it season 3 i'll go mental)

Haha sorry for calling it season 3. was more meaning the third tv season, though I did mention it was volume 4 later on... does that mean I can survive? :)

I'm not sure if Sci Fi will be showing it afterwards. I know they've just started season 2, so I think that the BBC deal might be for first showings? I guess time will tell. If Sci Fi do get to show the show after the BBC, it'll probably be a good while after, like a good few months. Volume 2 is starting soon after it aired on BBC, but Volume 2 was a short season - only 11 episodes. For Sci Fi to air volume 3, etc, it probably wouldn't start until next summer?

I'll let you off :p its all the writers strike fault people were getting confused anyway but yeah at first Sci-Fi channel were the only channel to show Heroes, then BBC 2 got it about 2 months later so i think its funny terrestial is showing new things (imported) before the digital channels :p but i want to see Stylar's continued evolution as once again it looks like he isn't the big bad of the season

BlackWolf said:
I'll let you off :p its all the writers strike fault people were getting confused anyway but yeah at first Sci-Fi channel were the only channel to show Heroes, then BBC 2 got it about 2 months later so i think its funny terrestial is showing new things (imported) before the digital channels :p but i want to see Stylar's continued evolution as once again it looks like he isn't the big bad of the season

Sylar is one of my main reasons for watching the show. He's my favourite character. Sylar seems like he's not going to be the big bad, but he'll have an agenda. He wants to be the ultimate evil, so who's to say he wont go killing the other villains and taking their powers to make himself so? I just want Sylar to kill Peter fecking Petrelli already. That would be a good day.

lol i think its more likely they'll end up killing each other :p but i hope both stick around (i also hope peter starts acting like a proper hero) Still we'll be seeing a lot of stylar this year anyway with him being spock and all :p

Haha I find Peter SO irritating. I always just remember him in the first episode
"I CAN FLY NATHAN! I CAN FLY!"

He's more like Peter Pan than Peter Petrelli. Future Peter is kinda badass though. In the 1st volume episode Five Years Gone when he grabs the guy by the head, turns around and smashes him into the wall and keeps walking? Pretty bad ass tbh.

Now if only present day Peter was like that..

yeah that's the peter we need the one we have at the moment may have been okay for the beginning of the series but i wanted to see a change in him when he met with Claude and he learned to control his powers better

I'm unsure if I'm going for the "straight-after US airing" method of watching, or waiting for the BBC. It starts with the three hour special in the states, but that's including adverts, so I dunno how long it'll be and if BBC will edit out the seasons catch-up. Anyway, Season 3 (Yeah.. Its the third season) will apparently be airing three days after the US airing. Yay! I have no idea whatsoever of what's to come, except for more Milo (awesome!) and Hayden (mega-awesome). ;p

There are a lot of shows I can't wait to watch this fall, as well, though! Fringe by J.J. Abrams is looking to be fantastic.

Jayme said:
I'm unsure if I'm going for the "straight-after US airing" method of watching, or waiting for the BBC. It starts with the three hour special in the states, but that's including adverts, so I dunno how long it'll be and if BBC will edit out the seasons catch-up.

The actual premiere is a 2 hour episode, so will come to about one hour 20 judging by the usual episode length. BBC will probably edit out the catch up, but then again, leaving it intact would give a perfect 2 hour run time...

I think I'll end up downloading, then rewatching on BBC. My TV has a habit of messing up - freeview cut out 10 minutes before the end of the Buffy movie, sure it wasn't a great movie but I'd at least have liked to see how it ended.

Its three hours, I saw the advert in the states and I've checked the internets. However, the first hour is the catch-up. So, If its left all in tact, It would be somewhere around 2 Hours 10 to 20 minutes, surely. I've also re-watched all the episodes, The massive difference from the initial airing to the BBC airing was immense so I actually forgot some points. ;p

Oh Yeah, due to the close airing times, I guess BBC Three won't be used for the "next episodes".

Peter always felt like a overkill for me... villain hyper powerful is ok, but a hero so strong it's kinda like superman, don't like that.

I didn't mind peter having the powers he did, i think he needs them to stand up to stylar...its his current attitude and personality that needs to change

Jayme said:
Its three hours, I saw the advert in the states and I've checked the internets. However, the first hour is the catch-up. So, If its left all in tact, It would be somewhere around 2 Hours 10 to 20 minutes, surely. .

Three hours with adverts, first hour just the catch up, so two hours new content. Two hours with adverts brings it down to 80 minutes. Most two hour premieres or finales only come down to 80 minutes with adverts. Have to remember that the US have adverts more frequently than us - we have roughly one every 15 minutes, they have them every 10 or so. I'm also basing this on that each episode of heroes has been around 40-42 minutes long.

I know, I keep cutting out the catch up episode, but I don't count it as part of the premiere. It's not any new content, so I don't count it as Season 3.

Back