Gundam Unicorn - 7 minute streaming preview!

Just out of curiosity, can Gundam Unicorn be watched and understood if i've only seen what has legally been released in the UK? IE the three movies and Char's counter attack

hopeful_monster said:
Just out of curiosity, can Gundam Unicorn be watched and understood if i've only seen what has legally been released in the UK? IE the three movies and Char's counter attack

The first episode I'd say so (CCA especially helps). However, ZZ in particular gets referenced quite alot later on so you won't quite get the impact of some revelations/cameos without it.

HellCat said:
hopeful_monster said:

The first episode I'd say so (CCA especially helps). However, ZZ in particular gets referenced quite alot later on so you won't quite get the impact of some revelations/cameos without it.

To be fair, all he would have to do for that is read though character summaries on some of the fansites, from my recollection of what i've read, there's really only two characters that refrence ZZ (and one ship) and one of them has been in gundam ficition since the very first series (then appearing again in Zeta).

@Hopeful, if you are able just play through Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 on the ZZ route as that should help you out with the nesscary info.

BlackWolf said:
HellCat said:
hopeful_monster said:

To be fair, all he would have to do for that is read though character summaries on some of the fansites, from my recollection of what i've read, there's really only two characters that refrence ZZ (and one ship) and one of them has been in gundam ficition since the very first series (then appearing again in Zeta).

@Hopeful, if you are able just play through Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 on the ZZ route as that should help you out with the nesscary info.

Sorry if I made it sound like folks would be completely lost. But based on what we know from the novels, I think it's fair to say these elements/characters are being used to have maximum impact on returning fans. Kinda like when the modern Doctor Who brings back an enemy from the old series or such, like the Macra.

BlackWolf said:
I'm sorta hoping for a double feature set in the Fall when ep 2 is released, i would pay £30 if it had two eps on it (this is madness talking i know but i'm being realistic in this sense since Bandai decided to not bother sending it to the BBFC)

That would be more acceptable to me - although I'd still have qualms if I'm brutally honest.

And Unicorn references ZZ Gundam? Oh well, I better add that to my list of Gundam shows we don't have over here AND NEED PRONTO!

chaos said:
ayase said:
Not official info, I only say that because that's the price of the version being offered through Beez' French online shop (€33.99 = £30.70 - yes, sadly that is how worthless the pound has become) and since there is no UK version as yet, I presume that's it.

Izekiel said:
Hey, I think it's on the Beez France shop site at 33.99 euro's so that £30 ish mark is going to be accurate

Link - http://www.beez-shop.com/product_info.p ... cts_id=606

However, the Beez frnace shop seems overpriced compared to here from what I've seen. I think complete Gundam 00 is going for £90-100 after conversion, whereas it's "only" £75 here.

Does the Beez shop not have the European exclusive though to Unicorn? Also without the BBFC certification we won't be seeing it on Amazon or alike any time soon.

Given we're about halfway into release week and still no definite word, I'm understandably anxious. Is it going to be the case that the UK will in some form meet the Friday release date or are we looking at a delay past that?

HellCat said:
Given we're about halfway into release week and still no definite word, I'm understandably anxious. Is it going to be the case that the UK will in some form meet the Friday release date or are we looking at a delay past that?

If by some form you mean import from the Beez shop then yup, otherwise its a no.

That's what I'm asking- will this UK shop option be available before/on Friday or will it be sometime after? As I said I won't blame beez if there is a delay, but as a fan I'd love for this to all come togethor. A project that links Gundam fans globally...:D

I'm waiting for concrete information on how to order this in the UK too. I mean I do want it, and am willing to pay for it, but would prefer to buy from somewhere where I know.

Maybe Beez could do as Bandai US did for Kannagi and create an Amazon Marketplace store for the sole purpose of selling Gundam Unicorn in the UK?

HellCat said:
That's what I'm asking- will this UK shop option be available before/on Friday or will it be sometime after? As I said I won't blame beez if there is a delay, but as a fan I'd love for this to all come togethor. A project that links Gundam fans globally...:D

I'm sure I'd already said (maybe not as I am inundated with things falling onto my desk just now though) but yes the Beez UK Shop launch has been delayed - it's being built just now though so we should have it ready by the start of April.

Very sorry about this but I think you'd all rather it's done correctly than not though!

Best,

Andrew,
Beez Entertainment

May I at least ask if going forward will the UK be 'in-sync' on Unicorn releases (assuming the 'first day in multiple countries' isn't planned for just the first volume)? Part of the excitement for this announcement was that since they tried Wing nearly a decade ago, the UK has pretty much been ignored for Gundam and so this would have been an incredible step up. I'm hopeful that we'll be able to look at this as simply an unfortunate delay and not a missed oportunity.

I'd also like to ask something:

Gundam seems to be the talk of the internet forums lately - and not just in relation to Unicorn.

I'd guess it hasn't escaped Beez' attention that there's still an appetite for these shows. Any chance of seeing the older shows like the original series, Zeta, G-Gundam and others over here in the UK at some point?

HdE said:
I'd also like to ask something:

Gundam seems to be the talk of the internet forums lately - and not just in relation to Unicorn.

I'd guess it hasn't escaped Beez' attention that there's still an appetite for these shows. Any chance of seeing the older shows like the original series, Zeta, G-Gundam and others over here in the UK at some point?

Mm all this talk has made me start to watch the original MSG on crunchyroll with the Brad Swaile dub. It's surprisingly good, considering its age. I've enjoyed the first few eps a lot more than what I've seen from SEED. Not to say it's amazing, it's obviousy still flawed but it's certainly an anjoyable experience =) (though the fact that the voices of Kira, Dinobot, Near and Quicksilver from X-men Evolution are involved probably helps (yes it's a cheesy american dub, but I think it works for old school anime :p))

Zeta I would love to see here. It hasn't dated as badly as the original has, it's still fairly watchable in comparision to recent things. There are series from the 2000's that look worse in terms of animation quality.

I'll second that!

I'm watching and really digging Gundam SEED right now. But there are points where I can see pretty clearly where the animation budget was getting a bit slender.

Put Zeta out over here as a nice shiny box set and I'm all over that!

Back