Gundam Unicorn - 7 minute streaming preview!

Re: First 7 Minutes of Gundam Unicorn

afoia said:
It says it's available to pre-order in the UK, yet i cant find anywhere to pre-order it!

I've had the same difficulty finding it.

To be honest, if the UK release plan is the same as the USA, I won't be falling over myself to pick it up. 6 volumes on 6 blu ray discs - and, oh yeah. I'll have to BUY a blu ray player - hmm.

It's a skip for me until the complete collection is available in one box. I gather that'll be some time away...

HdE said:
afoia said:
It says it's available to pre-order in the UK, yet i cant find anywhere to pre-order it!

I've had the same difficulty finding it.

To be honest, if the UK release plan is the same as the USA, I won't be falling over myself to pick it up. 6 volumes on 6 blu ray discs - and, oh yeah. I'll have to BUY a blu ray player - hmm.

It's a skip for me until the complete collection is available in one box. I gather that'll be some time away...

I can't see the plan being that different, unless the reason that we haven't got it yet is that Andy is planning to surprise us in october with gundam unicorn vols 1 & 2 on one disc with similar releases to follow in the coming years.

Still i saw the first 7 mins ages ago when the jap got to see them, just had no idea what they were talking about. I've seen unicorn now like and once i've got a blu-ray player i'm getting it, its that good.

BlackWolf said:
I can't see the plan being that different, unless the reason that we haven't got it yet is that Andy is planning to surprise us in october with gundam unicorn vols 1 & 2 on one disc with similar releases to follow in the coming years.

Much as I love Gundam, I find the whole span of time it's going to take to get the entire series released really frustrating.

Of course, I don't really know exactly how it's being handled. It's just that having to wait until Autumn for episode 2 as is being suggested elsewhere seems... a test.

Still, seeing as I AM looking at buying a blu-ray player just for this show, I guess that gives me plenty of time to save for a good 'un!

Something that I've heard through the grapevine.
A Gundam Unicorn BD release is confirmed for some time next month, maybe sooner. It has been confirmed that it will be sold through Beez shop UK. A DVD release is also in the plans, but it's still unconfirmed.

Now that at least gives this little otaku hope!

It really would make sense to put Unicorn out on DVD as well. The number of folks without blu-ray players is still pretty substantial, as I understand it.

Fingerz crossed!

The most annoying thing about this though is the fact that its only going to be available (from how it looks at the moment) through Beez's website. I really don't see why they couldn't of had it up on Amazon and Play as well

By 'grapevine' you mean 'Beez Blog' right chaos? ;)

Here it is in France, expected in 2-3 days, apparently. I'm guessing it's the same release (it would be unusual for Beez to produce different versions for France and the UK, especially as far as Blu-ray is concerned) so as to why it's not available here yet...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hgee3IGYZsU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hgee3IGYZsU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BlackWolf said:
The most annoying thing about this though is the fact that its only going to be available (from how it looks at the moment) through Beez's website. I really don't see why they couldn't of had it up on Amazon and Play as well

It's not my choice it isn't up and the reason is that it has not been submitted to the BBFC so my hands were tied on this. As we are merely a distributor for this product too I had no choice on the topic if it was to receive a UK release than to do it this way. I am afraid and am very sorry about that but I prioritized the fact and strongly defended that it is not a worldwide release if not all territories are covered. That makes it clear why HMV and Play etc are not possible in this case I hope :)?

There will be a UK version of the Beez shop up and online in the very near future, there have been a few teething problems getting it established just as I am sure you can imagine!

This is not a planned trend for all or any other Beez products though of this nature and should be treated as a special case (i.e. a Beez shop-only title). It's something I certainly have no plans to do for any title I license directly anyway you can rest assured :).

Thanks for the direct reply Andrew, no offence was meant to you of course. Does this mean though that in the near future (if it is submitted to the BBFC) that it will be available to purchase through the normal channels?

ayase said:
Unicorn will be receiving a proper UK release at some point though, right? :?

That really hangs on the decision regarding SD rights - for BD sadly I won't be able to at least presently based on the unit numbers I'm being sent and the decision to not BBFC the first OVA.

The important point is regardless of this I am still fighting in your guys corner for worldwide releases and taking all the comments on board as well :). They matter to me and I'll push to see them realized where reasonable of course! For example I'd love to include life-sized functional Gundams in releases too - but something tells me no matter how many people ask for it that it's not going to happen...;_;.

I should be able to take it to London Expo with me as a special case and conventions though which will mean something for some people too :).

BlackWolf said:
Thanks for the direct reply Andrew, no offence was meant to you of course. Does this mean though that in the near future (if it is submitted to the BBFC) that it will be available to purchase through the normal channels?

If it is then yes I'd ensure it hit standard channels too and I realize none was meant, just wanted to explain it wasn't in my hands on this one based on the fact it's not a direct license :).

Sadly I wouldn't really be interested in a DVD release, so that's a bit of a blow.

It's great that you can sell through the Beez shop without BBFC certification (presumably because it's based in France?), but I really can't justify spending £30 on the Blu-ray either. Still, thanks for your efforts Andrew and I'll keep watching to see what transpires.

ayase said:
Sadly I wouldn't really be interested in a DVD release, so that's a bit of a blow.

It's great that you can sell through the Beez shop without BBFC certification (presumably because it's based in France?), but I really can't justify spending £30 on the Blu-ray either. Still, thanks for your efforts Andrew and I'll keep watching to see what transpires.

It's sellable only because of the fact it's based in France so a UK version of the site will be up soon. However I believe the potential for the Beez Shop website is actually far more than allowing a way to occasionally not BBFC a title (which merely limits sales revenue and options for the consumer and is not beneficial to Beez or the consumer in general) it has some far more interesting options.

One of them I plan to test out in the near future all going well so watch this space...

- Andrew

Just a word of thanks to you for taking the time to stop by and post here, Andrew.

I really personally appreciate how you've addressed our questions and kept us informed. Speaking as somebody who's guilty of venting his spleen about the situation with Unicorn - and UK Gundam releases in general - I hope you'll understand that I'm aware you're doing your best to work things out for us.

I'll be watching with interest!

ayase said:

Is that how much it's going to cost? That's a bit steep. I pick up most of my new release Blu-rays for between half and just over half of that amount. And there are going to be 6-7 volumes? Colour me disappointed.

I do however, have no issues with the release only being available on Beez's Shop, aslong as they keep plenty of stock around release and they don't charge silly amounts P&P.

I look forward to the opening of the UK version of the shop, and hope costs are kept reasonable. I honestly think the most I'd go would be £25 delivered. Unless there is something special about the package.

Thanks for following this up Andrew, I was beginning to think we'd been forgotten ;)

It's an interesting way of doing it, to get the UK involved even when it's probably not viable to force a full release through the BBFC. All I need to know now is whether the blu-ray is region locked or not since I still haven't picked up a local blu-ray player. Please let us know when the shop's ready and whether the disc is locked if possible!

I assume a set will come a long way down the line if it sells well enough, but I'd rather see Unicorn now and make sure of the latter than wait.

R

BAKA said:
ayase said:
Is that how much it's going to cost? That's a bit steep. I pick up most of my new release Blu-rays for between half and just over half of that amount. And there are going to be 6-7 volumes? Colour me disappointed.
Not official info, I only say that because that's the price of the version being offered through Beez' French online shop (€33.99 = £30.70 - yes, sadly that is how worthless the pound has become) and since there is no UK version as yet, I presume that's it.

Back