General TV Discussion

HWR

Idolm@ster
Genesis is the main reason im reason im buying it but those special; features look great its again a massive shame Liz Sladen and Ian MArter aren't here to celebrate the season
Definitely, Genesis is a superb story. I feel that Harry Sullivan was an under-appreciated companion and hearing Ian Marter's thoughts would have been great. There's thankfully quite a lot of material that Liz Sladen was involved in prior to her death including the commentaries which I should really listen to more of.

The notion that some actors aren't here to see the release reminds me of all the lost B&W episodes that some actors never lived to see recovered.

Definitely, Genesis is a superb story. I feel that Harry Sullivan was an under-appreciated companion and hearing Ian Marter's thoughts would have been great. There's thankfully quite a lot of material that Liz Sladen was involved in prior to her death including the commentaries which I should really listen to more of.

The notion that some actors aren't here to see the release reminds me of all the lost B&W episodes that some actors never lived to see recovered.
Got an email saying it’s delayed to July 2nd from Amazon if true 😭😭😭

HWR

Idolm@ster
Got an email saying it’s delayed to July 2nd from Amazon if true 😭😭😭
Yeah I saw that, maybe it's a packaging issue, maybe they're ensuring that the release looks as good as possible, especially since this might be the relaunch of the DW series on home media in HD. They don't want it to have flaws otherwise it might deter some from buying future sets.

HWR

Idolm@ster
An update on the Who Blu Ray front it looks like the set has sold out at Amazon.co.uk, but with them it could any any reason why the listing has changed.

HWR

Idolm@ster
I'm tempted, but I've already got them on DVD and have watched them so many times I'm not sure if an upgrade would be worthwhile. I might wait and see if they appear in a sale at some point.
I'm waiting to see some clips and what special features will be ported over before I decide. The saved space will be handy if I do pick it up.

Weird choice so guess we are getting Later doctors first seasons?
So Season 22 and 24?
Though 24 is easily McCoys worst I hope they do 26 for him
My guess is that they're leaving Hartnell and Troughton well alone due to imcomplete seasons and the slim chance of animations or recovered episodes. I think they'll go for a Pertwee season next, though because a lot of the stories during his run required extensive restoration (restoring colour etc) I'd imagine they'd go for Season 10 (Three Doctors/Carnival of Monsters/Frontier in Space/Planet of the Daleks/Green Death) since there's only one episode in that run that needed work done (Planet episode 3)

After that I reckon they'd go back to Tom Baker or possibly take a risk with a Colin Baker or Sylvester McCoy season (25 or 26, since 24 would sell poorly.)

My guess is that they're leaving Hartnell and Troughton well alone due to imcomplete seasons and the slim chance of animations or recovered episodes. I think they'll go for a Pertwee season next, though because a lot of the stories during his run required extensive restoration (restoring colour etc) I'd imagine they'd go for Season 10 (Three Doctors/Carnival of Monsters/Frontier in Space/Planet of the Daleks/Green Death) since there's only one episode in that run that needed work done (Planet episode 3)

After that I reckon they'd go back to Tom Baker or possibly take a risk with a Colin Baker or Sylvester McCoy season (25 or 26, since 24 would sell poorly.)
Remember McCoys seasons were cut in half so we could get a 25&26 set

It does have Earthshock thats about it really
As Time-Flight is also there *Shudders*
I quite enjoy Castrovalva, Kinda, and Earthshock. Four to Doomsday and The Visitation were decent but Black Orchid and Time Flight are shite, even the cast said so on the commentaries.

I'm buying the set just for the new special features, the ones in the Season 12 set were worth the price alone.