General TV Discussion

HWR

Chuunibyou
Genesis is the main reason im reason im buying it but those special; features look great its again a massive shame Liz Sladen and Ian MArter aren't here to celebrate the season
Definitely, Genesis is a superb story. I feel that Harry Sullivan was an under-appreciated companion and hearing Ian Marter's thoughts would have been great. There's thankfully quite a lot of material that Liz Sladen was involved in prior to her death including the commentaries which I should really listen to more of.

The notion that some actors aren't here to see the release reminds me of all the lost B&W episodes that some actors never lived to see recovered.

Definitely, Genesis is a superb story. I feel that Harry Sullivan was an under-appreciated companion and hearing Ian Marter's thoughts would have been great. There's thankfully quite a lot of material that Liz Sladen was involved in prior to her death including the commentaries which I should really listen to more of.

The notion that some actors aren't here to see the release reminds me of all the lost B&W episodes that some actors never lived to see recovered.
Got an email saying it’s delayed to July 2nd from Amazon if true 😭😭😭

HWR

Chuunibyou
Got an email saying it’s delayed to July 2nd from Amazon if true 😭😭😭
Yeah I saw that, maybe it's a packaging issue, maybe they're ensuring that the release looks as good as possible, especially since this might be the relaunch of the DW series on home media in HD. They don't want it to have flaws otherwise it might deter some from buying future sets.

HWR

Chuunibyou
An update on the Who Blu Ray front it looks like the set has sold out at Amazon.co.uk, but with them it could any any reason why the listing has changed.

I'm tempted, but I've already got them on DVD and have watched them so many times I'm not sure if an upgrade would be worthwhile. I might wait and see if they appear in a sale at some point.
I'm waiting to see some clips and what special features will be ported over before I decide. The saved space will be handy if I do pick it up.