General TV Discussion

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Over the last couple of days, I was able to watch all thirteen episodes of Marvel's Daredevil. It was absolutely superb and is easily the greatest work in the Marvel Cinematic Universe so far.
Vincent D'Onofrio in particular deserves recognition for his phenomenal performance as Wilson Fisk. I have to admit, despite the things Fisk did, I found his character to be far more likeable than Murdock's.

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Joshawott said:
Over the last couple of days, I was able to watch all thirteen episodes of Marvel's Daredevil. It was absolutely superb and is easily the greatest work in the Marvel Cinematic Universe so far.
Vincent D'Onofrio in particular deserves recognition for his phenomenal performance as Wilson Fisk. I have to admit, despite the things Fisk did, I found his character to be far more likeable than Murdock's.

This basically. Daredevil shows to me that Netflix knew what they where doing and made something truely fantastic to watch. If there was ever a fight scene i'd recommend to watch from it too, it would be the one from the end of episode 2. Done in one take. It's brilliant. I still think i love the dialogue more however.

D'Onofrio is an actor i've always enjoyed watching, and his performance as Fisk shows he's still got it. This role was really fitted for him, he seems to really know how to play a conflicted character. On Murdock though, i found him to be just as enjoyable to watch honestly, although for different reasons.

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
AUKN Staff
Anyone here watch Game of Thrones? I watched all 4 of the leaked episodes but now I'm kind of bummed I have to wait until May for the next one. Oh well.

Ath

Pokémon Master
I binged all of Daredevil on Friday the minute it came out. So worth it. It took Marvel Studios to a whole new level. I hope A.K.A. Jessica Jones continues this level of quality.

I also just came back from a viewing party for the new Game of Thrones season. Solid first episode and I can't wait to see how things unfold. I will have to do my best to avoid the spoiler minefield sure to be caused by the leaked episodes.

-Danielle-

Death Scythe
I likie D'Onofrio. He was good in The Cell and it is Criminal Intent, his Law & Order series??

Is there anywhere outside of Netflix I can watch Daredevil like will any tv channels have it at some point or will it be released on DVD? Me no has Netflix and don't want it just to watch one show.

Haven't seen GoT yet. Mum records it Mondays and we aim to watch it Tuesdays so will see if I can fit it in tonight.

Refuse to watch the 4 leaked episodes as I don't want to have to wait a month to get the next fix.

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
AUKN Staff
-Danielle- said:
Is there anywhere outside of Netflix I can watch Daredevil like will any tv channels have it at some point or will it be released on DVD? Me no has Netflix and don't want it just to watch one show.

If it's anything like other Netflix Original shows, it will see a DVD/Blu Ray release but I don't think anything they've personally produced has ever been on TV.

-Danielle-

Death Scythe
Thanks for the above ^

Will buy it once it's out :)

I'm still waiting for something spectacular in Game Of Thrones atm. Literally episode 1 holds top spot for me so far.

-Danielle-

Death Scythe
I'm liking the show Banshee. Only got into it this season surprisingly.

It's weird how a guy from a Disney Channel show is such a nasty evil character in it. Tis cool haha.

I miss watching The Blacklist and How To Get Away With Murder. I hope they get new Seasons soon.

Also, wtf has happened to Once Upon A Time? Naughty Channel 5. I enjoyed watching that every Sunday!

Amon81

Student Council President
I've been watching Dark Matter. Has the slight feels of Farscape (without the aliens) and a bit of Stargate Universe. Probably because I've been craving a bit of decent space based sci-fi.

NormanicGrav

Ni-pa!~
AUKN Staff
Sesame Street will be moving to HBO.

HBO.

HBO.

-Danielle-

Death Scythe
Watching Aquarius atm. I love David Duchovny!

It's a bit slow but still enjoyable to watch.

Also trying to catch up with Downton before Season 6 comes out. On disc 2 of Season 4. It was a sad episode to end disc 1 on. My period drama love has reawakened though.

-Danielle-

Death Scythe
Back watching Hercules! Resumed where I got up to on Season 3.

Love this show, prefer Xena though. Really miss the time in my life when these shows were out.

Ath

Pokémon Master
I've always been fond of the idea that Tony Robinson mentioned on the Blackadder Rides Again documentary of a 60s era Blackadder, with Blackadder as part of a band along with his drummer "Bald Rick" :p