General TV Discussion

I binged all of Daredevil on Friday the minute it came out. So worth it. It took Marvel Studios to a whole new level. I hope A.K.A. Jessica Jones continues this level of quality.

I also just came back from a viewing party for the new Game of Thrones season. Solid first episode and I can't wait to see how things unfold. I will have to do my best to avoid the spoiler minefield sure to be caused by the leaked episodes.

I likie D'Onofrio. He was good in The Cell and it is Criminal Intent, his Law & Order series??

Is there anywhere outside of Netflix I can watch Daredevil like will any tv channels have it at some point or will it be released on DVD? Me no has Netflix and don't want it just to watch one show.

Haven't seen GoT yet. Mum records it Mondays and we aim to watch it Tuesdays so will see if I can fit it in tonight.

Refuse to watch the 4 leaked episodes as I don't want to have to wait a month to get the next fix.

-Danielle- said:
Is there anywhere outside of Netflix I can watch Daredevil like will any tv channels have it at some point or will it be released on DVD? Me no has Netflix and don't want it just to watch one show.

If it's anything like other Netflix Original shows, it will see a DVD/Blu Ray release but I don't think anything they've personally produced has ever been on TV.

Thanks for the above ^

Will buy it once it's out :)

I'm still waiting for something spectacular in Game Of Thrones atm. Literally episode 1 holds top spot for me so far.

I'm liking the show Banshee. Only got into it this season surprisingly.

It's weird how a guy from a Disney Channel show is such a nasty evil character in it. Tis cool haha.

I miss watching The Blacklist and How To Get Away With Murder. I hope they get new Seasons soon.

Also, wtf has happened to Once Upon A Time? Naughty Channel 5. I enjoyed watching that every Sunday!

I've been watching Dark Matter. Has the slight feels of Farscape (without the aliens) and a bit of Stargate Universe. Probably because I've been craving a bit of decent space based sci-fi.

Sesame Street will be moving to HBO.

HBO.

HBO.

Screen%2Bshot%2B2014-09-18%2Bat%2B8.19.57%2BAM.jpg

Watching Aquarius atm. I love David Duchovny!

It's a bit slow but still enjoyable to watch.

Also trying to catch up with Downton before Season 6 comes out. On disc 2 of Season 4. It was a sad episode to end disc 1 on. My period drama love has reawakened though.

Back watching Hercules! Resumed where I got up to on Season 3.

Love this show, prefer Xena though. Really miss the time in my life when these shows were out.

I've always been fond of the idea that Tony Robinson mentioned on the Blackadder Rides Again documentary of a 60s era Blackadder, with Blackadder as part of a band along with his drummer "Bald Rick" :p

Apparently the scene with the druggie son played by a British dude is meant to be really cool. Won't say more than that. Might give that a google if it that scene gets shoved onto Youtube.

-Danielle- said:
The Walking Dead starts next month!!!

So totally underwhelmed by the trailer though. Season 5 trailer with the useof Sigur Ros was EPIC.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

I know Fear The Walking Dead has already started but it's exclusive to AMC channel on BT. I've heard good things with that spin-off (despite my expectations being low).

As for Season 6 I am expecting the following to happen (Comic Spoilers: Volumes 14-16):
- Now that Rick & co. are in Alexandria Safe Zone, I expect the pacing to be similar to Season 2 with the Barn.
Season 5 ended at the end of Volume 13 in the comics (when Rick shoots the dangerous guy who killed Deanna's husband)
The major events that I remember from the comics include:
- The Safe Zone being attacked by outsiders
- The Walkers breaking into the Safe Zone with some casualties and Carl getting shot
- The moment when Rick & co. discover another Safe Zone, Hilltop Colony, not far off which leads into the appearance of Negan and the All Out War arc.
So my prediction is that we'll finally see Negan at the end of the season or at the very least in the beginning of Season 7.

In other related news, I recently saw the final ever episode of Falling Skies. The show overall was very good but I was quite put off with the storyline in the final season. The pacing felt too fast and it just suddenly ends. I feel this season should have been given at least 5 more episodes (instead of a total of 10) to provide more development on the plot, especially at the second half. But overall the series is great and I'm rather satisfied by the ending (despite being *whatever the phrase is called when you expect someone to die but then they end up living*).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back