Gaming Arrival Thread

Necromancer said:
Death By Degrees and SMT: Lucifer's Call arrived today :D.

Good choice of games! My amazon order won't be here until next week probably!

Wild ARMs: Alter Code F (PS2) arrived today direct from Canada and it is bundled with ADV's Wild ARMs anime. If you ask me, it's a waste of a DVD since they only put one episode on!
WA:ACF is a remake of the original Wild ARMs game on the PS1 with added extras. The bad thing is that they incoporated some of Wild ARMs 3 worst features (the find town thing by repeating pressing square and hoping for the best!) and there are no voices (they took them out from the Japanese version). It took a whole year later than expected for Agetec to release this and they manage to put the word 'through' as 'thru'. Oh dear. :wink:
I look forward to playing it, I was always fond of the original game on the PS1 but surely the PS2 will top it!
For those who have swap magic and are interested in getting this game. It's a DVD9 (Dual Layered) DVD and it won't work. But if you have a US PS2 there's no need to worry!
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZER

I will list the games I got recently:

PS2
Death By Degrees (UK)
RPG Maker 2 (US)
Shining Force Neo (US)
Guilty Gear Isuka (US)
Generations Of Chaos V (JAP)
Code Age Commanders (JAP)

Xbox
Urbz: Sims In The City (UK)

Yes that's all for now lol. :wink:
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA NEWS

Yet another pile of games arrived for this Ms. Moneybags today! :wink:

PS2
Deadly Strike (UK)
Genji (UK)
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition (UK)
Okage Shadow King (US)

I'm sure some will get their games during Xmas because I won't be getting anymore! *sniff*
________
Hotels In Mexico

Just one game today: a game I already had but they added new features. I hate when companies do that and re-release games! :p

Fable: The Lost Chapters (Xbox)

Now I'll need to add Ninja Gaiden Black and possibly even Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence to the 'list'. (when I complete the originals that is!)
________
Christianity Advice

Tohru-san said:
Does anyone know if canadian games play on a uk ps2?

Canadian games cannot play on a UK PS2.

However you can get something called: Swap Magic (boot disk)
It allows you to boot up US/JAP games on your UK PS2, but you need to insert Ghost clips into your slimline PS2 or fit one of those 'modified' covers on the older version to use it. It doesn't boot all games however.. DVD9 games like Xenosaga and Wild Arms Alter Code F need to be compressed onto a single DVD5,

Or

Get a hard drive on the old styled PS2 and get HDD Advance. I won't go into details :p
Mod chips are another option, but I hear it's on the illegal side of things.

Finally:

Buy a US/Canadian PS2 like what I did and you'll have no problems playing imported games. :wink:
________
Asatru (norse paganism) advice

Tohru-san said:
I doubt I'll have enough money to get any of those :(

To get the swap magic disks and clips (they are the cheapest but you need to have the newer slimline PS2 model)..is probably around ??20-30. Look it up on google.co.uk (UK based sellers) as I don't know any sites off hand unfortunately. :(
________
Eckankar forums

Back