Gaming Arrival Thread

I recently picked up Predator : Concrete Jungle on the xbox, it's not that bad. A lot more to it tan I thought there'd be and the only real problem is the lack of detail of the enemies and the annoying camera.

tomorrow my .hack vol 4 (at last i have them all) will turn. Got it off ebay for 20 pound thats not to bad.

only problem is its my xmas present from my mum so i cant play it till then but ive not finshed vol 3 yet anyway so np :)

i randomly bought a psone (the small one) for £7 off eBay today to replace my broken one (i have a japanese sakura ps2, and don't want to mod it just to play pal psone games, haha) and a few games i sold years ago that i missed.

if anyone is interested the games were:

hellnight
ronin blade
hard edge
tobal no1
puchi carat
landmaker

can't wait for it all to arrive! i feel a final fantasy vii playthru is coming on - because i've not played it in a good year or so since my original playstation died ^^;

KittySeras said:
Final Fantasy 8 was the most recent game I bought...and I don't want to play anything else for a while.^-^

I agree it's one of the best RPGs out there. :D

But another PS1 RPG for me! I paid quite alot for this because it's a rare game. Valkyrie Profile was never released in the UK. It's a shame because it's one of the most highly praised PS1-era RPGs. It is made by Tri-Ace of Star Ocean fame. I look forward to playing this one properly on my PS1, rather than the *cough*downloaded*cough* on my PC. :wink:
________
Vaporizer volcano

^ Try Final Fantasy Tactics sometime if you can find it (not to be confused with the GBA version). That was awesome.

Also a good one to try (and more rare) is Vagrant Story.

subedii said:
is it rare now? a couple of years ago i managed to luck out into getting vagrant story, front mission 3 and vandal hearts from cash convertors on 3 for £10 after randomly going in there for some reason i can't even remember.

i was always under the impression it wasn't THAT rare. maybe things have changed since then? ^_^;

Shurayuki said:
subedii said:
is it rare now? a couple of years ago i managed to luck out into getting vagrant story, front mission 3 and vandal hearts from cash convertors on 3 for £10 after randomly going in there for some reason i can't even remember.

i was always under the impression it wasn't THAT rare. maybe things have changed since then? ^_^;

Well, that was the impression I've gotten, since I rarely see it anywhere. I've seen quite a few copies of FFT around though.

In any case, it's an awesome game, if a little tough for someone who's new to the style of gameplay. If you stick with it, the story gets really interesting.

One thing that did irritate me though was the backtracking. It can make you weary after a while, or at least it did with me.

Thank you for the suggestions! But I already have both games. Final Fantasy Tactics is not that rare and either is Vagrant Story - both can be easily found on ebay. That's where I got them. :wink:

However - try looking up for Valkyrie Profile and see the prices. :shock:

I got Sonic Gems Collection for the PS2 today. Looks like Sega cleaned up the intro on Sonic CD and it's great! I like the US soundtrack better than the Japanese/Europe for SCD. Perhaps I'm strange!
Sonic R has great music and is great fun to play! Sonic Fighters is a bit hmm..and the Game Gear games are not noteworthy. I plan to import the Japanese version for Streets Of Rage (Bare Knuckle) games that were criminally taken out of the European version! Instead we get Vectorman 1 & 2 (not as good!).
________
Celica

so the pal version has the us version of the soundtrack for sonic cd? urgh. i was toying with the idea of getting it for gamecube, now that gamestation is selling it for 14.99, but it doesn't seem too worth it, as i already have sonic cd and sonic r on other consoles (pal mega cd and jap saturn, respectively) so the only draw would be sonic the fighters. and it's been so long since i played that (in london when segaworld was there years and YEARS ago, haha) so i can't even remember it well, if at all ^^;

what's it like? judging from your brief reaction, it's not worthing buying the game for that alone, which is a shame D:

subedii said:
In any case, it's an awesome game, if a little tough for someone who's new to the style of gameplay. If you stick with it, the story gets really interesting.
yeah, i totally agree. it's a nice little game, and well worth picking up if it can be found.

i just looked up some prices for vandal hearts on ebay out of curiousity. erk - it's even more expensive than i remember it being :/

Shurayuki said:
so the pal version has the us version of the soundtrack for sonic cd?

Yes it is the US version of the soundtrack. But it doesn't bother me, Sonic Boom was a far better song anyway! :D

Shurayuki said:
what's it like? judging from your brief reaction, it's not worthing buying the game for that alone, which is a shame D:

I personally think it was worth buying. It's a good bit of nostalgia mixed in with some games most of us has never played: i.e. The Game Gear ones. I bought my copy for around ??11 so it's not breaking the bank. Oh and the PS2 version is 50hz - yes the black borders are there, but doesn't detract from the gameplay unlike *cough*Final Fantasy X*cough*

Shurayuki said:
I just looked up some prices for vandal hearts on ebay out of curiousity. erk - it's even more expensive than i remember it being :/

Some eBay prices are quite scary! I only have Vandal Hearts 2 not the original lol. Look up the Suikoden games and Star Ocean 2. I admit the most I paid was ??45 for Valkyrie Profile. Personally as a RPG collector, that was a bargain!
________
RELIGIOUS TALK

neptune2venus said:
Yes it is the US version of the soundtrack. But it doesn't bother me, Sonic Boom was a far better song anyway! :D
it almost pains me to hear someone say that XD i really like the jap/eu theme song, but it's all a manner of taste it'd seem :)

i've played and own most of the sonic games for the game gear, so sonic the fighters really is the only thing the game has going for me. if i can get it for around £10 then i'd be pretty happy, even if i only played sonic the fighters a couple of times. i suppose it'd save me from having to mess around with a mega cd as well, even with the us soundtrack ;)

as for the rpg's... some of the prices really are worrying. i still need to get vandal hearts 2, but the price of it has put any hope of getting it anytime soon out of the window for a while, hahaha.

Necromancer said:
Today I got Soul Calibur III :D.

Great game! :wink:

Arriving on my doorstep today:

Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call - I already have the US version but I picked this up for about ??10 to support PAL region.

Magna Carta: Tears Of Blood - A newly released US RPG published by Atlus. It's been getting ranging scores from various websites but it looks good enough to me! It's in a lovely deluxe version with the following:

Double sided cover! Nice embossed box! A mini artbook/strategy guide and finally:

A shiny double sided poster!

Side 1

Side 2 - I like this one better!

But I'll play the game once I complete the one I'm currently playing. :D
________
MOTORCYCLE TIRES

Back