Dipped my toes into my first proper gacha game, Sword of Convallaria.

It's a TRPG a bit like Triangle Strategy (but admittedly the gameplay stuff is a bit dumbed down for mobile users). There is still some good challenge and depth to the content though, some had me stumped, and some is just me getting used to the mechanics and getting characters and gear/levels etc.

Anyone else playing?

Site: Sword of Convallaria: For This World of Peace

I consider myself basically a F2P player as it stands, but I did buy the $5 pass thing, gives me some lux for a month. I'm not planning to go whale out on it though, I may spend a little here and there if I'm getting time out of the game as it's F2P. Especially if there is a character or two I really want.

There is a fairly big single player campaign element as well if you don't want the gacha stuff. I thought I'd just do this and ignore the gacha side but actually found it's been the opposite, though I intend to play both!

It's a TRPG a bit like Triangle Strategy (but admittedly the gameplay stuff is a bit dumbed down for mobile users). There is still some good challenge and depth to the content though, some had me stumped, and some is just me getting used to the mechanics and getting characters and gear/levels etc.

Anyone else playing?

I consider myself basically a F2P player as it stands, but I did buy the $5 pass thing, gives me some lux for a month. I'm not planning to go whale out on it though, I may spend a little here and there if I'm getting time out of the game as it's F2P. Especially if there is a character or two I really want.

There is a fairly big single player campaign element as well if you don't want the gacha stuff. I thought I'd just do this and ignore the gacha side but actually found it's been the opposite, though I intend to play both!
I have this downloaded ready to try out. Glad to hear it's pretty good.

Anyone else playing?

I love the retro pixel look, and was firstly reminded of legend of mana, even if completely different gameplay. Had I the time I would've loved to have tried it but I have drawn the line at the two gachas that are eating all my free time heh, whilst resisting stuff like this and Zenless.

This is the squad.

thesquad.png

This is my first gacha and I was a noob so didn't realise I could re-roll if I didn't get a good character in the initial starter banner. You get a legendary within 30 summons to begin with, and you're basically handed 30 summons in the intro section.

I wound up with Guzman, who by all accounts is about the worst free legendary I could have wound up with, but he's sort of cool in his own way :)

For good starter SSR's Gloria, Beryl, Col are all good. Gloria is on her own banner, Beryl and Col share one. I only have limited pulls due to not wanting to spend much, so I stopped once I hit Gloria and Beryl. This combo seems like it will be great for a long time.

I think you still get an OK number of pulls if you do the content as f2p, I've done 102 summons so far, and I have materials to do 65 more right now, but I'm waiting for a new set of banners to show up, and for that to be a character which I think will help boost the overall team power.

Note: I think you could also play this without really using any summons at all, and still do pretty well. The non-SSRs include some good situational characters, and because the game does include strategy elements, sometimes a weaker character can replace a legendary one just due to how their skills operate and how some units counter others better.

I love the retro pixel look, and was firstly reminded of legend of mana, even if completely different gameplay. Had I the time I would've loved to have tried it but I have drawn the line at the two gachas that are eating all my free time heh, whilst resisting stuff like this and Zenless.

Two gachas! one is plenty for me! been kind of hooked in all weekend, honeymoon phase though perhaps.

Two gachas! one is plenty for me! been kind of hooked in all weekend, honeymoon phase though perhaps.
Heh yeah I started with FGO as I love all things Fate. There was no way I could've done another one but Honkai Star Rail released soon after when I had caught up with the years' worth of the FGO storyline and I couldn't resist the appeal of starting a new one from scratch when it ticked the sci-fi and my preferred turn-based-play boxes. It's been really good as well, especially the recent Penacony storyline, which I thought was fantastic. But yeah, I definitely can't add any more to that mix heh.

I play two but frequently pick up and drop a bunch after a few days as I like to try them out lol.
I'm too scared of getting hooked to another so I'm actively abstaining😂
I'd say ZZZ is what I'm actively playing at the moment but sometimes I juggle between these lot as well 🙃

View attachment 35406
I would've loved to try zzz but it's gameplay is of the variety I much prefer on a console so I'm relatively safe there

I'm too scared of getting hooked to another so I'm actively abstaining😂

I would've loved to try zzz but it's gameplay is of the variety I much prefer on a console so I'm relatively safe there
I play on both PS5 and mobile (with Backbone controller) Here's a link to the PS store game page in case you weren't aware or merely curious 🙌

I play on both PS5 and mobile (with Backbone controller) Here's a link to the PS store game page in case you weren't aware or merely curious 🙌
Stop tempting me @SAHO!! But to be fair even if I was tempted, logistics would likely limit how often I would be able to play it even if I did download it (as more digital dust collects on my ps5 genshin impact...)

Gameplay question for Star Rail players - is Huo Huo worth trying to pull? Have happily made do without any 5* abundance characters given the excellent 4* ones and was thinking I should just save resources to get to eidolons for Acheron/Firefly or maybe try for Aventurine later. @Vincentdante I think you have all of these ones so would be good to know how useful or essential you find her in comparison? Thanks!

Gameplay question for Star Rail players - is Huo Huo worth trying to pull? Have happily made do without any 5* abundance characters given the excellent 4* ones and was thinking I should just save resources to get to eidolons for Acheron/Firefly or maybe try for Aventurine later. @Vincentdante I think you have all of these ones so would be good to know how useful or essential you find her in comparison? Thanks!

She's my main healer since her first banner. If you've got the jades to spare or not planning on pulling for the next banner characters, she's definitely a impressive support that fits in many team builds

As Saho said Huohuo is still one of the best healers in the game as she also buffs atk and restores energy so worth pulling still if you want her/need more sustainers.

Nice one, thanks guys. @SAHO that video is hilarious hohoho. I had already tried pulling for her and got E1 Clara instead (a lost 50:50 I can actually be pretty happy about). I think I've managed enough for, or am pretty close to, hitting a guaranteed pull but then started wondering about whether Lingsha will powercreep her (damn you hoyo and also, show Gallagher more respect!) and more importantly, whether I actually really needed a 5* sustain, having nicely built up the three f2p 4* ones! As I was already halfway there, I think I will throw what I've saved up on her banner as not really planning to pull anyone else in the near future apart from the DPS re-runs.

Back