Yeah Ishtar takes all things Rin and dials them up twofold with the comedy aspect heh. Was very happy to get Space Ishtar previously but always wanted the Archer variant so happy days. Randomly have also only just realized the irony of the Archer-summoning Rin being a host to one on FGO heh.

Which 4*s you going for. I'm hoping for Itsumi on the Ibuki banner, as a consolation for missing her and her event which was just finishing as I had started playing the game. Really hope that they rerun that event - I was really enjoying one of the murder mystery story aspects early on before I ran out of time on that😞. By the way, was it just chance or did you guys notice an increased drop rate of 4*s this time around? I know they slightly upped the rate but I got 4 of them with 330sq on the non-GSSR banner, which is unusual for me.
I did hear they buffed some rate ups but it is hard to know if it is that or luck.
So for me, I'm after Gareth (massively fan of the knights of the round table and camelot related stuff) and Erice. If I got Lady Avalon I wouldn't complain but I don't care if I don't pretty much, and I'm not even concerned about Ibuki. Summer Skadi is nice but I don't care to go out of my way for her, and since she doesn't share a banner with a 4 star I want she is out of luck.
There are also the valkyries that we get for free as the welfare servant. Ortlinde for the win there.

Ortlinde for the win there.
Heheh, nice one and my pick as well there!

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about Gareth - certainly tempting but yeah had no plans to run for lady Avalon as I prefer the original Merlin. On the Camelot bunch, I managed to complete the original set by my recent pull of calmer Lancelot as one of my 4*s (though I kind of counted my FSN berserker variant as completing the set anyway heh), but have a way to go to eventually hopefully pull all the excellent ones from lostbelt VI now.

I do need a Skadi as have quite a few good quick characters but no real quick support. Hence her being a priority apart from Arc. I've always liked Ibuki but had no plans for pulling her until I read how powerful her kit is, in addition to her being an Arts AOE berserker and a great support for Arc. Hence her joining my summer pull list to make it a trinity heh.

You get a second free Valkyrie too in their opposite. So 6 total Valkyries, and by picking one you get their matching second as an alternative skin.

Original Merlin I think just has a better design too. Even if he isn't technically original Merlin with her being from Prototype but he's the one we know better.
Oh, nice. I've managed to get all of them. Had Lancelot, Gawain, and Tristan for ages, as well as Artoria herself, but Mordred and Artoria Lancer avoided me for ages until I used the 5 star tickets on them. Used other tickets for both Saber Alters too.
For lostbelt, I did enjoy them bringing in Gareth a bit before and then Percival (as well as Morgan and the Fairy Knights which I have all of them) so got lucky there. Hoping Agravain gets released at some point as he'd be a nice addition.
(As you can tell, major fan of this lot)

Summer Skadi isn't a quick support I think so be aware of that. It's normal Skadi you're probably after.

You get a second free Valkyrie too in their opposite. So 6 total Valkyries, and by picking one you get their matching second as an alternative skin.
Oh dear, now there are 3 more in the mix to confuse me as to which set to pick😂
Even if he isn't technically original Merlin with her being from Prototype but he's the one we know better.
Oooh I did not know that the pretender version was the one in prototype - I am getting muddled about prototype now as I remember watching it as a short video on YouTube but don't recall a Merlin in it - is there a VN or other source material for prototype?
Mordred and Artoria Lancer avoided me for ages until I used the 5 star tickets on them
Aaaaand I'm just reminded that I don't have the round table (minus lostbelt VI) yet, as I don't have Mordred still, nor Artoria Lancer heh. Guess I'll be waiting longer then.
Summer Skadi isn't a quick support I think so be aware of that. It's normal Skadi you're probably after.
Ah yes, I forgot she seems more mixed buster+quick, which still works very well as I think my group is usually with those two sets. I've been trying for Skadi for a while without much success....yet anyway heh.

I got Arc as well. With her, I now actually have all the Moon Cancers lol (not that it means much considering there are only 5, but still...). My GSSR continued the recent trend of granting me more foreigners (Yang Gufei and Mysterious Heroine XX) while refusing to give me any limited Alter Egos. I haven't done the destiny one yet.

Oooh I did not know that the pretender version was the one in prototype - I am getting muddled about prototype now as I remember watching it as a short video on YouTube but don't recall a Merlin in it - is there a VN or other source material for prototype?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the pretender version - Lady Avalon - actually was in the OG Fate/Prototype that Nasu wrote way back. IIRC, the idea to swap genders for historical characters actually came from Takeuchi later when they were making the VN so a female Merlin would have been odd in the first drafts. Isn't more that Prototype has become its own thing since?

Oh dear, now there are 3 more in the mix to confuse me as to which set to pick😂

Aaaaand I'm just reminded that I don't have the round table (minus lostbelt VI) yet, as I don't have Mordred still, nor Artoria Lancer heh. Guess I'll be waiting longer then.

Ah yes, I forgot she seems more mixed buster+quick, which still works very well as I think my group is usually with those two sets. I've been trying for Skadi for a while without much success....yet anyway heh.
I would either pick your favourite based on the original Servant or pick your favourite of the new 3 additions. Shame we can't get them all though.

I believe there are bits and pieces. She wasn't meant to be in Prototype I believe as such, like how Merlin isn't in Fate Stay Night, but seems like she was meant to at least exist and be part of Arthur's past like Merlin is for Artoria.
There is apparently a LN now for Prototype I think. Not fully sure on those details.

I waited probably 4 or 5 years to get them. They were a pain to get.

I actual looked at her skills and realised she is actual a better support than I thought. I thought she was am attacker based off her NP originally.

I got Arc as well. With her, I now actually have all the Moon Cancers lol (not that it means much considering there are only 5, but still...). My GSSR continued the recent trend of granting me more foreigners (Yang Gufei and Mysterious Heroine XX) while refusing to give me any limited Alter Egos. I haven't done the destiny one yet.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the pretender version - Lady Avalon - actually was in the OG Fate/Prototype that Nasu wrote way back. IIRC, the idea to swap genders for historical characters actually came from Takeuchi later when they were making the VN so a female Merlin would have been odd in the first drafts. Isn't more that Prototype has become its own thing since?
I've sometimes had the same issue. Been trying to get Melt for a while and she dodges each attempt. Wasn't the focus this time but she did dodge me on the Destiny banner.

I think she was meant to exist? Details are sketchy due to its incomplete nature but I think she was meant to exist but obviously wasn't in the story itself. She at least has been known to be female for a long time now, way before Arcade and then this summer event.

My GSSR continued the recent trend of granting me more foreigners (Yang Gufei and Mysterious Heroine XX) while refusing to give me any limited Alter Egos. I haven't done the destiny one yet.
I remember pulling Kiara when I was aiming for Kama, back when the banners were combined. That worked out well as I didn't get a rider above 3* for ages, whilst having loads of assassins heh, so she really helped deal with cavalries at the time. Use her a lot less now since getting stronger riders, and as a lot of mixed nodes have both cavalries and knights. But yeah, the other limited alter egos are a fun bunch that I'd love to nab at some point. Good luck on your destiny order pull!
I actual looked at her skills and realised she is actual a better support than I thought. I thought she was am attacker based off her NP originally.
Yeah her offense NP is an odd fit for her supportive kit, so I'll carry on trying for caster Skaadi who has been eluding me on her banners as well as the GSSRs heh.

Interesting stuff on Proto Merlin - I had started reading the first light novel (off the back of references to the characters from FGO events and craft essence heh) on this but that seemed to have dropped off so I need to get back to that.

Yeah her offense NP is an odd fit for her supportive kit, so I'll carry on trying for caster Skaadi who has been eluding me on her banners as well as the GSSRs heh.

Interesting stuff on Proto Merlin - I had started reading the first light novel (off the back of references to the characters from FGO events and craft essence heh) on this but that seemed to have dropped off so I need to get back to that.

She may be meant to be a bit like Koyanskaya. She has an offensive NP as well as buff skills, so maybe she is meant to clear a weak wave by herself and then buff the next attackers.

Prototype has some really interesting stuff too. Like Arthur, we know in FGO he is hunting a particular beast.

I've decided my FGO account is pretty much completed now. I might use the rest of my st quarts to try and get more Arc copies but I think I am at the stage where I don't need or want anybody else as I can win all the content with ease. Just going to pull on characters that I really want now I think rather than wait for the next castoria.

Nice. Got her to NP2 but spent everything.

I am a little out of the loop tbh but her skills suggest she might be a sub dps/support so I might treat her like that and pair her with another support and another DPS

Nice. Got her to NP2 but spent everything.

I am a little out of the loop tbh but her skills suggest she might be a sub dps/support so I might treat her like that and pair her with another support and another DPS
I've been using my Arc as a farmer along with the usual double Koyan setup but using my Saiba Alter Rider plug to get the extra cool down instead of Atlus mystic code, as I'm trying to level the most recent one from Chaldea that I quite like. She's great fun and playing through Tsukihime simultaneously, I can slowly start to appreciate her final Ascension form's designs and animations... Or so I think anyway heh. But yeah, she is a bit like Caren where she's sub DPS/support in equal measure. All these VN characters - at least I've got Tsukihime for reference but I'm really, really hoping we can get an official western Hollow Atarxia release after FSN - I can actually be optimistic with all their recent interest in our side of the world!

I know that you mean on the FGO teams, even before finally getting a 5* Archer with Ishtar, I didn't feel lacking at all with the excellent 4*s of Tristan for ST and my grailed Zenobia and Emiya for AOE obliteration. On paper the last meta I need is a Skadi, but even her I can do without with the other excellent supports. I do love how they design the characters and stories of figures from history, so I definitely still feel very tempted as I play events to pull likeable characters. I found both Caren and Summer Kama hilarious in their events and had to get them which was well worth it as I use them both lots. I really loved Zenobia's character and story as well and again started using her lots, and her kit is really good for me. I wasn't planning on pulling Proto Merlin, but I think she would really add to my favourite slowcoach Arts stall team which is an Arts DPS, Castoria and Merlin, whom she could replace nicely methinks.

She may be meant to be a bit like Koyanskaya. She has an offensive NP as well as buff skills, so maybe she is meant to clear a weak wave by herself and then buff the next attackers.
So true and that's exactly whom I had thought of after I'd written that heh.

View attachment 35103

They got my number. I was hit with a crit attack
I saw this but wasn't sure what to make of it. I guess it depends on what they do exactly as it could be epic but if it is something relating to character outfits, which is what I think I read somewhere, that would be most disappointing. Way to early to call but I'll keep my expectations in check heh.
I put my level 100 max grailed NP2 Arcueid up on my support. Just need to work on her skills but she is already a beast
I'll second that, she is great fun at clearing waves. Waiting to get to the more challenging bits and CQ of the current event to see how effective she is at those.

I saw this but wasn't sure what to make of it. I guess it depends on what they do exactly as it could be epic but if it is something relating to character outfits, which is what I think I read somewhere, that would be most disappointing. Way to early to call but I'll keep my expectations in check heh.
If it's anything like Honkai Impact 3rd's Evangelion crossover the event my expecations based on that is we will be getting a Fate character as a 5 star, an event story related to Fate and a bunch of costumes yeah. That's my expectation based on previous crossovers but I agree it's good keep it in check.

Back