I get that they need to make money off the game somewhere.
That's my thinking with these and if they're free/minimally-priced to download then I'm happy to spend on the gacha only limited amounts but up to a maximum currency/hour, if you will, akin to what I would have spent on standard games. That's one reason I couldn't play Nier reincarnation as it really did seem to shove the paid elements down one's throat.

After one of my friends persuaded me to give it a shot, I’ve spent the last four weeks or so playing Arknights.

Having never really done gatcha games before, bar a little bit of time on Genshin, it’s certainly been an interesting experience. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the writing in particular. The main story is perfectly fine, but I’ve enjoyed how esoteric some of the side stories can be - the variety of little adventures you can go on is impressive.

Would also say that, in forty odd hours of play, I’ve spent exactly £2 on the game and have not felt the least bit hectored to spend more. It does look like spending money on gatcha pulls would get you more powerful characters quicker and make the game easier, but it‘s only now that I’m starting to feel the pinch with the characters I have. It would have been nice to complete some of the timed events without having to stop due to lack of damage output on my part, but it’s only been a minor irritation so far and I get that they need to make money off the game somewhere.

I've played Arknights on and off for a few years and this is my take on the gacha.

It's extremely generous most of the time. Currency seems steep but almost all units aren't limited from memory, they end up in the pool but it naturally means it is harder to get them amongst everything in there. The trick it tries to get you on is when there is that one banner unit you want and you keep getting random other 6 star units or the second banner unit, and there have only been probably 3 or 4 units I cared enough to spend a bit to get (and even then we're talking the cheaper packs as without a proper pity there on normal banners for the specific one you want it I wasn't going to throw loads at it).
So what I think you will find is that given a little bit of time you'll start getting 6 stars at a decent rate, even if they aren't always the one you immediately want.

There are some truly limited banners. They aren't often but when they happen then there is a pity system in their shop based on how many rolls you've done. Obviously isn't cheap so either save rolls to account for that or don't bother, but even then I've found it still has decent rates to get these characters.
Limited characters do tend to be some alternative forms (a bit overpowered in some cases) or dragon units who only appear in these banners. So if you like any like Nian then you won't find them normally.

As for 5 stars, and even lower stars, don't sleep on these units. There are some really good 5 star units.

As a final note, try to keep some of your premium currency for skins. It saves using them for rolls and some skins are really good in this game, particularly the live 2d ones.

my gacha of choice is cookie run oven break. Been like eight years since I first downloaded it and I’ve tried to play nearly every day for the past year. never spend money on it tho

Looking at the playthroughs people have posted for the new Design of Strife event in Arknights, I think this will be the first event I can’t make any impression on - even my best characters are nowhere near the level other people are using. I’m not unduly put out about this, the event seems more geared towards providing challenge levels for the experienced players than telling a story, but I was surprised nonetheless. For all the previous ones I’ve tried, I’ve at least been able to tackle a level or two before having to throw in the towel.

In all events in general, there is a wall you can't breach without a levelled team. Challenge events in particular are fairly impossible without one (as are challenge event stages in regular events). Usually most star stuff at least lets you get so far into it to see all the story content, but it still expects a team of maxed out elite 1 units or early elite 2 units.

Yeah, that’s more or less what I’ve been finding. I got within one stage of completing the story for the previous event, which was a little annoying when I couldn’t get the conclusion, but I got the event character and three of her potential upgrades, so I can’t complain too much.

I think they must want to make a compromise too on the challenges even for normal missions. They can't be too hard as these aren't the challenge ones but they at least need to provide a challenge the further you get.

Discord AUKN game discussion channel for ZZZ is up for anyone planning to play. Feel free to hop on!

20240702_123651.jpg

Pre-Download Zenless Zone Zero Now!

Zenless Zone Zero's pre-download has officially begun on July 2, 2024! The official release will be available on PC, Android, iOS, and PlayStation®5.

How to Download
PC:
hoyo.link/8HbjFBAL
iOS/Android:
hoyo.link/3DbjFIAL
PS5:
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/zenless-zone-zero/

PlayStation®5: If you have pre-ordered Zenless Zone Zero in the PlayStation™Store, you can go to the PlayStation™Store on PlayStation®5 and search for Zenless Zone Zero to pre-download.

Thank you for your company and patience, Proxies! Now, pack your bags and charge your Bangboo. Let's go~
Zenless Zone Zero Version 1.0, "Welcome to New Eridu," will go live across multiple platforms on July 4, 2024, at 10:00 AM (UTC+8) and will be available for pre-download from July 2. We look forward to seeing you all on Sixth Street!

Nicely done guys!
Very noice and Tomoe to boot! I've been wanting any version of Tomoe for a while as I love her character art, but didn't quite need a 4* archer (5* yes please!) and couldn't resist Saiba Alter (just too cool a character) on the recent free 4* ticket. So I was very pleased indeed when I too got Tomoe in my first Arc pull. And on 5* Archers:
Screenshot_20240706-222425_FateGO.jpg

Finally I can say I have my first, and by far favourite, 5* archer! Very happy indeed as I remember using a friend's Ishtar to destroy some Las Vegas event nodes when I very first started playing the game, and she's just hilarious in general. Now I'm gunning for Super Orion! For the Destiny Order GSSR (interesting new addition) I finally got Kama assassin. Also very happy with her and can now finally stop feeling tempted whenever her banner is up heh. So my GSSRs very much had a Fate Stay Night theme, which is always a good thing 😂

Nabbed myself an Arc in the end as well thankfully
Screenshot_20240707-152630_FateGO.jpg
Going to save the rest of my SQ for Summer Ibuki and Ruler Scathach-Skadi (need a quick support please!). And now back to Arc in Tsukihime, which just got gruesome 😨

About 300 SQ spent but I also got the original Jeanne in one of my pulls which I considered a win tbh. Haven't done the guaranteed banners yet but will let you know

Best of luck then.

Nicely done guys!

Very noice and Tomoe to boot! I've been wanting any version of Tomoe for a while as I love her character art, but didn't quite need a 4* archer (5* yes please!) and couldn't resist Saiba Alter (just too cool a character) on the recent free 4* ticket. So I was very pleased indeed when I too got Tomoe in my first Arc pull. And on 5* Archers:
View attachment 34908

Finally I can say I have my first, and by far favourite, 5* archer! Very happy indeed as I remember using a friend's Ishtar to destroy some Las Vegas event nodes when I very first started playing the game, and she's just hilarious in general. Now I'm gunning for Super Orion! For the Destiny Order GSSR (interesting new addition) I finally got Kama assassin. Also very happy with her and can now finally stop feeling tempted whenever her banner is up heh. So my GSSRs very much had a Fate Stay Night theme, which is always a good thing 😂

Nabbed myself an Arc in the end as well thankfully
View attachment 34907
Going to save the rest of my SQ for Summer Ibuki and Ruler Scathach-Skadi (need a quick support please!). And now back to Arc in Tsukihime, which just got gruesome 😨
Congrats. Ishtar is an insanely strong unit. She's one of my go to archers. Add on that she is a Rin face and she has a lot going for her.
I'm saving stuff for summer too but thankfully I'm not after 5 stars this time. 4 stars for the win!

Which chapter are you on in Tsukihime? I've not been reading every night so still only on Chapter 3 myself but I've already read this route through to completion so I am in no hurry either.
I think I'm on chapter 3 as well, really struggling to sit down without distractions and just read this in peace these days but hopefully will start picking up the pace soon as the story has been consistently fascinating from the start.
Best of luck then.

Congrats. Ishtar is an insanely strong unit. She's one of my go to archers. Add on that she is a Rin face and she has a lot going for her.
I'm saving stuff for summer too but thankfully I'm not after 5 stars this time. 4 stars for the win!
Yeah Ishtar takes all things Rin and dials them up twofold with the comedy aspect heh. Was very happy to get Space Ishtar previously but always wanted the Archer variant so happy days. Randomly have also only just realized the irony of the Archer-summoning Rin being a host to one on FGO heh.

Which 4*s you going for. I'm hoping for Itsumi on the Ibuki banner, as a consolation for missing her and her event which was just finishing as I had started playing the game. Really hope that they rerun that event - I was really enjoying one of the murder mystery story aspects early on before I ran out of time on that😞. By the way, was it just chance or did you guys notice an increased drop rate of 4*s this time around? I know they slightly upped the rate but I got 4 of them with 330sq on the non-GSSR banner, which is unusual for me.

Back