Final Fantasy XIII, you are my only hope...

Hopefully, mine will be in my mailbox once I get back home =D and hopefully, they won't leave me one of those vicious "you were not home" cards...

The linearity is quite bad, but I can deal with it, characters so far are fine except Snow. Snow is awful, battle system is ballin' and the Cryst-whatever upgrade system is simple and straight forward, it's basically leveling but with the extra effort of doing it yourself. The amount of times characters split up pleases me greatly... but it's early days yet, only on chapter 4.

I'm indifferent to all the characters except Lightning so far. Actually, all except Lightning and Hope. I ******* hate Hope. I like Lightning because the girl just gets on with the ****. I was a bit surprised because the linearity actually bugged me for a little while... then it became good.

Got in a good few hours in before bro needed to play MW2.

Im on chapter 2 and enjoying it immensly. The battle system is great and I like how you get all your HP back at the end of a fight.

Linearity wise I think it will be a good thing, as all too often I can get sidetracked by the small non essential bits when it comes to a JRPG.

im on chapter 5 now i think im about just over 8hr of playing -dont worry thats not all today lol- and i really like the battle system as well.

I don't mind the characters atm snow i find an tad annoying but i must say i like sazh he seemed a bit out of place at first but hes acutally pretty good.

Ya its a tiny bit linar you can't really get lost as there is just a direct route to take

Not keen on Hope.

I like Snow, even though y'all seem to hate him. Maybe it's just something about me and trenchcoats though, mhm?

Lightning is badass, as expected.

Vanille... She's cool but her VA annoys me.

Lupu- I mean, Sazh ;) , he's cool. Liking the chocobo he has, lol.

Oh, i'm on Chapter 3 now btw.

Rags, why are people hating on Hope? He's awesome because he's the sort of character that *could* suck, but doesn't. How is his English VA?

His English VA is kinda like Vaan's. I'm expecting Hope to get better actually. I think I've just started chapter 4 - They have burst out from the frozen place and now Sazh and Vanille are catching up with Lightning and Hope. Just had a second Day 11 flashback.

I originally intending to play it in Japanese with subs, but that idea failed miserably, its fine in English. I anticipated more bad lip-syncing but apart from the odd mouth being open, its not even noticeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
ilmaestro said:
Rags, why are people hating on Hope? He's awesome because he's the sort of character that *could* suck, but doesn't. How is his English VA?

I thought he was a whiny kid with no personality until he bonded with Lightning a little when they were stuck together and started being more confident. He ended up as my third favourite.

R

On chapter 6 right now, that fight with Bulbasaur in Chapter 5 was making me rage I died like three times until I just made Hope the healer. lol.

My thoughts exactly, Rui, I guess maybe people haven't had enough time with him.

Lupus said:
On chapter 6 right now, that fight with Bulbasaur in Chapter 5 was making me rage I died like three times until I just made Hope the healer. lol.
Interesting to hear stuff like this. Where else have people had any problems/needed to take a different approach to stuff? There's one early-ish (less than 10 hours in, can't remember exactly how early it was) fight in particular that kicked my ass a few times until I stopped to think about it.

Was the fight with Odin.

Back