Figure discussion/picture thread

New X Man.

lxNyvhL.jpg

So...I'm not into figures/statues and the like (more because I fear how much they cost and how addicted I'd end up being to buying them), however pre-orders for this go live on Monday....

juri_blue_a.jpg

Sadly only 100 of this version are being made so odds of me getting one seem slim, there's 200 of the Black alt and 300 of her default colours being made, I have no idea how fast these things sell out but come Monday I'm gonna try get one of them pre-ordered, wish me luck. $445 though.....this feels like I'm edging towards a slippery slope, but it's Juri so I have to try.

Sadly only 100 of this version are being made so odds of me getting one seem slim, there's 200 of the Black alt and 300 of her default colours being made, I have no idea how fast these things sell out but come Monday I'm gonna try get one of them pre-ordered, wish me luck. $445 though.....this feels like I'm edging towards a slippery slope, but it's Juri so I have to try.

I'm sure a one off won't hurt. It's the browsing figure sites and such that cause the slippery slope effect. I've scaled my purchases back a fair bit after my initial enthusiasm. It was almost running my bank balance dry one month and seeing how much I had due to hit this November that did it. Not all figures mind you, some games and Anime/Manga in the mix as well. Ironically it's looking like all the extra overtime and saving I did to be ready for Nov won't be needed as most of what I have ordered doesn't yet have a release date (delays are fairly common)

Good luck! I'm kind of in the same boat, I think they're cool, but I'm not sure if I have the space or self control to buy any!

(Though I am also a hypocrite, so I do have a die-cast tachikoma...)

So...I'm not into figures/statues and the like (more because I fear how much they cost and how addicted I'd end up being to buying them), however pre-orders for this go live on Monday....

juri_blue_a.jpg

If you had come across this statue a year ago, you could have fallen back on the Juri Bishoujo figure. It was around £50 on release, but now it's closer to £100 (a big fan of this line).

juri-han-street-fighter-bishoujo-statue-1.jpg

A quick look at that site and it looks like you should be able to get the 100 print run statue. I mean, there are 2 Chun Li statues (with print runs of 150) that have been up for preorder since July and are still available. As for the pricing, don't forget that shipping and customs could add £100+ as well. Also, if you pay in full, you'll get around a $40 discount.

Join me on this slippery slope. I reckon I've spent more in statues, this past year, than anime/manga in my lifetime. XD

Good luck! I'm kind of in the same boat, I think they're cool, but I'm not sure if I have the space or self control to buy any!

(Though I am also a hypocrite, so I do have a die-cast tachikoma...)
Yeah after just discovering it's 23inches tall, I'm kinda reconsidering based on where the hell I would put it as like yourself space seems like it would become an issue :/ Shame as I really like how it looks.

If you had come across this statue a year ago, you could have fallen back on the Juri Bishoujo figure. It was around £50 on release, but now it's closer to £100 (a big fan of this line).
I've actually seen that one before as my mate has it, he has all the Street Fighter ones from that line except Poison and tbh I like all of them except Juri (I think it's the face), which is annoying as she's the character I like the most and actually want a figure of lol although I do like the Sakura one a lot...

IMG_96221.jpg

It's good to know that pre-orders may hang around longer than I thought they would as I'm kinda in 2 minds now that I've learned just how big 1/4 scale is lol it probably should have been obvious that 1/4 would be a fair size to begin with.

It's good to know that pre-orders may hang around longer than I thought they would as I'm kinda in 2 minds now that I've learned just how big 1/4 scale is lol it probably should have been obvious that 1/4 would be a fair size to begin with.

It seems like 1/4 scale being big should be obvious but I think it's something most collectors don't quite realise till they see one. I mean 4 is only 3 less than 7, but 1/7 and 1/4 is quite the shift :p

I looked that Juri up, seems like she also has a light up eye, that's pretty cool.

I have more figures than I know what to do with, and I haven't bought any (outside of SoC Gunbuster) in years! I should sell em. Have loads of the community considers to be Holy Grails.

I've only ever bought one 1/4 statue and sold it when I discovered I wanted more statues and 1/6 was much more manageable.

I've actually seen that one before as my mate has it, he has all the Street Fighter ones from that line except Poison and tbh I like all of them except Juri (I think it's the face), which is annoying as she's the character I like the most and actually want a figure of lol although I do like the Sakura one a lot...

IMG_96221.jpg

Yeah. The faces can be hit and miss in that line. The Street Fighter poses tend to be pretty good quality, pose wise. (Except R Mika, which is awful)

That Sakura is around £50, right now... *nudge* *nudge*

I think they should last for a little while, but you never know, there could be 150 other raving Juri fans with the money to put down. :p 1/4 is a tough size to get into, especially when most of us already have limited space lol. There was another 1/6 Juri with an LED eye, but that statue is pretty much extinct now. :(

I have more figures than I know what to do with, and I haven't bought any (outside of SoC Gunbuster) in years! I should sell em. Have loads of the community considers to be Holy Grails.

I'm in the same boat with a few of mine, but I was always chicken out, on the off chance that I decide I want them again and they cost a ridiculous amount.

1/1 Scale figure of Rem is planned.

Just had a look at that manufacturer, all they seem to be doing is 1/1 scales! I think they have 1 item out? not 100% sure but it say October 2016 release, but also limited to 10 items, oh and 1,280,000 Yen aswell.

--

The recent improvement in the £ vs Yen has made me take the plunge on Bakemonogatari - Senjougahara Hitagi - 1/8 (Good Smile Company) She's somewhere in customs at the moment due box size requiring EMS :(

The 1:1 scale Rem is now painted. Only 10 of them and sales will be determined via Lottery. She will cost you 1,480,000 Yen, which is £10,253.(useing XE for the exchange rate.
MastraCustom1482484997.jpeg

Back