Figure discussion/picture thread

Kirrimir said:
Wouldn't they get 'weathered' from the sunlight and what not if they are not in boxes? Yeah i would probably unbox any that i bought.

Sunlight in my anime bunker? I think not! Why, I might get a tan or some healthy vitamin D if I start doing crazy things like opening windows or using the curtains.

Mine all get unboxed too. I buy them to enjoy them, not to retain a resale value I will never take advantage of. It's more fun.

Cute group shot, Aya.

R

Rui said:
Kirrimir said:
Wouldn't they get 'weathered' from the sunlight and what not if they are not in boxes? Yeah i would probably unbox any that i bought.

Sunlight in my anime bunker? I think not! Why, I might get a tan or some healthy vitamin D if I start doing crazy things like opening windows or using the curtains.

Mine all get unboxed too. I buy them to enjoy them, not to retain a resale value I will never take advantage of. It's more fun.

Cute group shot, Aya.

R

Lol love the first part of your comment =). Nah mine wouldn't get sunlight damage either don't get much sun in my room -only in the mornings when i don't want it lol- and i don't have any in direct path of it anyway.

Ive been on a bit of a buying spree recently i got these this morning from a company in belgium, ive never used them before there called archonia and i must say i was pretty impressed with them.

These figures are really cute -seem to be on a small cute figure thing recently- i love the two that are in the front so cute

Kirrimir said:
Archonia are a very good company i've never heard of a complaint from them and i know people who order from there.

ill deffantly use them again they had a few things i could get from them

i got this today -vocaloid len so cute -

and i got these the other day

Rah, ridiculous overspend time as I've preordered this alt color version of Ymir from Queen's Blade:

10110902a.jpg

Was actually tough to choose between that one, her 1P color:

10110901.jpg

and this Hobby Search limited edition color:

10110899.jpg

I don't have many figures, just a couple of sets. Here's some old pictures

Interstella 5555
P1000035.jpg

GITS Tachikoma
Tachikoma.jpg

And just for fun, a little swapping
Tachiband.jpg

Rui said:
Kirrimir said:

That ^ is how I am with my figures. I havn't met people who kept them in boxes that didn't do it for the purpose of future profit. :p I buy to decorate my room. ^_^ And mine don't go anywhere near any windows. :p Though there's not much sun here anyway. :p James has a couple things on his window that seem to be doing fine.

If I feel like they look better boxed, I keep them in there. Otherwise, I take it out and show it on it's own. Sometimes, I do concern myself with price now and what I can get in the future, but it's not an overwhelming property in my decission.

hehe cute pictures JohnC

since i posted the pictures last i have bought the follwing =)

Fate/Stay Night Saber Revoltech 2G, and Nendoroid 092 Kirisame Marisa from Touhou Project -limited- which i got this morning

the over the last week or so ive had the following

D.Gray Men J-Minis Lenalee Lee and Tyki Mikk, L Nendoroid 031 Reindeer ver, Light Nendoroid 030 Santa ver, L Nendoroid 017 and Sebastian michaelis Nendoroid 068 -so cute-

My Nitro+ Forest of Chiral Figures so cute n i managed to get the limted stipped version of akira

So I went to order Dengeki's online shop exclusive Kousaka Kirino figure, but they actually go to extreme lengths to stop foreigners from ordering from them. :(

Have place a reservation with Otacute instead (thank you, Clouded), so hopefully that will work out OK.

Hey Aya-kun! Great to see pics of that Revoltech!

I love those things - I have a secret stash of them in a shoebox that I use for photo-reference when I'm drawing comics. They're works of art!

Back