Evangelion 3.33 You (Cannot) Have It

Joshawott said:
I wonder what the world will be like when Eva 4.44 is released here...
Presuming the world still exists. Presuming Eva 4.0 doesn't bring about instrumentality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe there's always the threat of something not living up to expectations, and that's another bonus to Buddhism.. With no expectations comes no real disappointment. Art is simply what it is - a creative vision. If the artist is true to himself then a piece is abstractly the best it could be when it was created, so enjoy it for what it is! :)

Since the Funimation one still has no release date (T.B.A. at UP1 and 'sign up to be notified when this becomes available' on Amazon) I would not bank on the Manga version being released in early February.

mangaman74 said:
Since the Funimation one still has no release date (T.B.A. at UP1 and 'sign up to be notified when this becomes available' on Amazon) I would not bank on the Manga version being released in early February.

It's still a "tentative" February release date. So it's still up in the air at this stage as whether it will be that date or not.

EDIT - That's one of the reasons why I've always maintained the word "tentative" whenever I talk about it. We're still aiming for that date (as far as I'm aware) but once there's confirmation we'll make it known.

Before anyone starts to think that this is brand new news, it's not. It's the SAME response for the past 6 months:
We are working directly with the Japanese studio and the original creator on the upcoming Evangelion 3.33 home video release. This is a unique opportunity that presented itself to us, and since the plot for Evangelion 3.33 is so different from previous story lines, we are thrilled that the creator has asked to be so heavily involved in this project. Studio Khara has even decided that they would like to create their own special subtitle tracks for the release! We thank you for your continued patience as we work to confirm a release date. Please keep an eye on our social channels and our website for more updates!

It's been a year since Funimation had to postpone the February release date over 'more demand for theatrical screenings'.

Basically, Studio Khara hated what FUNimation originally did and has decided that they need to be hand-held through the whole process.

That's the tl;dr version isn't it?

Joshawott said:
Basically, Studio Khara hated what FUNimation originally did and has decided that they need to be hand-held through the whole process.

I'm calling shenanigans tbh

Funimation are at the better end of dubbing and production values and even if it was just that it'd be fixable a lot quicker than what we have seen.

Rosencrantz said:
Joshawott said:

I'm calling shenanigans tbh

Funimation are at the better end of dubbing and production values and even if it was just that it'd be fixable a lot quicker than what we have seen.
Did Anno request to be in the English dub, but FUNimation were like "Mate, I saw you in The Wind Rises and you weren't so hot", so Anno sat on the floor of Gen Fukunaga's office all these months until he budged and agreed to redub the film with Anno playing Asuka?

I'm pretty sure it's a content issue and not a case of someone deciding FUNimation's script just sucked (for example, a script which unintentionally spoiled part of the final movie in a way the writers wouldn't have known until Khara saw it). No idea why it's taking this long to make the necessary adjustments on one of the biggest titles in the anime universe, or how it got so far along before being halted in the first place, but I hope it comes out soon. If I hadn't already watched it multiple times I'd be exploding with impatience by now.

R

mangaman74 said:
I think the early February release date that was talked about before Christmas is looking less likely now. I have received an email from Base saying they have removed it from my order,

I'm afraid we've been trying to get hold of Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo - Limited Edition Combo Pack (Catalog Number: MANB3511) for some time now, but unfortunately we have now learnt that our suppliers have withdrawn this item from sale.
I'm very sorry that we will not be able to fulfil your order for this item but we are certain that we will not be able to get any more of it.

We have now removed it from our site. As we cannot get this item, we have removed it from your order.
Both Base and Amazon still list it but both now say that it is currently unavailable.

Amazon still has the release date up as Feb 2nd - as does the registration for the title with the Official Charts (who monitor sales of DVDs/music etc.)

But yeah, given that's only a month away and we've had no news - I can't see it coming out then.

Lutga said:
Amazon still has the release date up as Feb 2nd - as does the registration for the title with the Official Charts (who monitor sales of DVDs/music etc.)

But yeah, given that's only a month away and we've had no news - I can't see it coming out then.

With no US release date this is definitely not hitting the UK in Feb.

With the staff losses at Manga I'm wondering if I shouldn't just go for the Funimation release when it eventually arrives. It'll be quicker and less prone to any authoring mishaps.

I've just had an email come through from Amazon UK saying that they've cancelled my order because "Manga Entertainment is not releasing this title".

Hmmm.

Perhaps they are cancelling the BD to make it DVD-only, like everything else in their upcoming schedule, and need to create a new solicitation. Or making the BD exclusive to an Eva 1.11-3.33 boxed set!

Sorry, I should moderate myself for trolling.

R

Back