European PS3 Details

Ditchdigger said:
Ryo Chan said:
we'll i've said before and i'll say again, unless they enable the ability to play usa and japanese games i'm not interested

All PS3 games are non-regionable. So we can finally buy Final Fantasy when it comes out in the US or even Japan if you know your Japanese.

Think you'll find it's like the 360 where the console is non-regionable but the games are usually region locked

Anyone want to hire me? I can't this thing till I can get a job. Its gonna tear me up inside to look at it but not touch, forbidden PS3.

X_nick_X said:
http://faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/bcGames.htm

This is basically the games that are compatible with the ps3 fom the ps1 and 2.

Final fantasy,grand theft auto devil my cry etc don't appear compatible.

Nice find, but you didn't look too hard :wink:

Grand Theft Auto
SLES-50330 GRAND THEFT AUTO 3 ***
SLES-50793 GRAND THEFT AUTO 3 ***
SLES-51061 GRAND THEFT AUTO VICE CITY ***
SLES-51316 GRAND THEFT AUTO VICE CITY ***
SLES-51595 GRAND THEFT AUTO VICE CITY ***
SLES-54135 GRAND THEFT AUTO: LIBERTY CITY STORIES ***
SLES-52541 GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS *
SLES-52927 GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS *
SLES-54623 GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY STORIES *

Final Fantasy
SCES-50490 FINAL FANTASY 10 *
SCES-50491 FINAL FANTASY 10 *
SCES-50492 FINAL FANTASY 10 *
SCES-50493 FINAL FANTASY 10 *
SCES-50494 FINAL FANTASY 10 *
SLES-51816 FINAL FANTASY X-2 *
SLES-51817 FINAL FANTASY X-2 *
SLES-51818 FINAL FANTASY X-2 *
SLES-51819 FINAL FANTASY X-2 *
SLES-54354 FINAL FANTASY XII **
SLES-54355 FINAL FANTASY XII **
SLES-54356 FINAL FANTASY XII **
SLES-54357 FINAL FANTASY XII **
SLES-54358 FINAL FANTASY XII **
SLES-04034 Final Fantasy (G) ***
SLES-14034 Final Fantasy 2 (origins collection) *
SCES-03840 Final Fantasy 4 *
SLES-03828 Final Fantasy Anthology VI (G) **
SLES-02965 Final Fantasy IX **
SLES-12965 Final Fantasy IX **
SLES-22965 Final Fantasy IX **
SLES-32965 Final Fantasy IX **
SCES-02084 Final Fantasy VIII (SPA) **
SCES-12084 Final Fantasy VIII (SPA) **
SCES-22084 Final Fantasy VIII (SPA) **
SCES-32084 Final Fantasy VIII (SPA) **
SCES-13840 Final Fantsy V ***

Devil May Cry
SLES-50358 DEVIL MAY CRY ***
SLES-82011 DEVIL MAY CRY 2 *
SLES-53038 DEVIL MAY CRY 3 ***

Codes on the left are found on the spine of the box and on the disc.

Star code:
*** No known issues to date
** Should play on PLAYSTATION®3 with some minor issues
* Should play on PLAYSTATION®3 with noticeable issues

Additional notes:

To have the best experience when playing your PlayStation®2 titles, we recommend that:

1. You avoid connecting any non-essential USB peripherals to your PS3
2. You avoid the use of "60Hz" and network modes (which may experience noticeable graphical corruption not present in the main game)
3. You should skip optional FMV sequences (a small number of games have graphical corruption in one or more video sequences).
4. A maximum of seven players can play (non-network) multiplayer PS2 games.

If you have any further issues regarding backwards compatibility of PlayStation® (PS one®) and PlayStation®2 software, please contact your local Customer Service Number.

I wonder what noticable issuses are? I'm playing GTA:VCS at the mo and this seems to be listed as having noticeable issuses. Hopefully these problems will be fixed with later firmware updates.

I have decided to keep my PS2 till after I've checked my games on the PS3, which'll probably mean I get less money for it :(

FFXII is having major problems on LCD screens with jagged edges and it gets worse on the PS3 for some reason, they have ALOT of bugs to iron out, but they'll get there eventually.

The following games will not be available for PS3 owners on launch day.

* Splinter Cell: Double Agent -- March 30
* NBA 2k7 -- April 6
* F.E.A.R. -- April 20
* Oblivion -- April 27
* Untold Legends -- April 27
* GRAW 2 -- June 2007
* Rainbow Six: Vegas -- Spring 2007

Ryo Chan said:
Ditchdigger said:
Ryo Chan said:
we'll i've said before and i'll say again, unless they enable the ability to play usa and japanese games i'm not interested

All PS3 games are non-regionable. So we can finally buy Final Fantasy when it comes out in the US or even Japan if you know your Japanese.

Think you'll find it's like the 360 where the console is non-regionable but the games are usually region locked

Didn't Sony say all games are region free? Except for the region encoded Blu-Ray movies?

Ditchdigger said:
X_nick_X said:
http://faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/bcGames.htm

This is basically the games that are compatible with the ps3 fom the ps1 and 2.

Final fantasy,grand theft auto devil my cry etc don't appear compatible.

Nice find, but you didn't look too hard :wink:

Grand Theft Auto
SLES-50330 GRAND THEFT AUTO 3 ***
SLES-50793 GRAND THEFT AUTO 3 ***
SLES-51061 GRAND THEFT AUTO VICE CITY ***
SLES-51316 GRAND THEFT AUTO VICE CITY ***
SLES-51595 GRAND THEFT AUTO VICE CITY ***
SLES-54135 GRAND THEFT AUTO: LIBERTY CITY STORIES ***
SLES-52541 GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS *
SLES-52927 GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS *
SLES-54623 GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY STORIES *

Final Fantasy
SCES-50490 FINAL FANTASY 10 *
SCES-50491 FINAL FANTASY 10 *
SCES-50492 FINAL FANTASY 10 *
SCES-50493 FINAL FANTASY 10 *
SCES-50494 FINAL FANTASY 10 *
SLES-51816 FINAL FANTASY X-2 *
SLES-51817 FINAL FANTASY X-2 *
SLES-51818 FINAL FANTASY X-2 *
SLES-51819 FINAL FANTASY X-2 *
SLES-54354 FINAL FANTASY XII **
SLES-54355 FINAL FANTASY XII **
SLES-54356 FINAL FANTASY XII **
SLES-54357 FINAL FANTASY XII **
SLES-54358 FINAL FANTASY XII **
SLES-04034 Final Fantasy (G) ***
SLES-14034 Final Fantasy 2 (origins collection) *
SCES-03840 Final Fantasy 4 *
SLES-03828 Final Fantasy Anthology VI (G) **
SLES-02965 Final Fantasy IX **
SLES-12965 Final Fantasy IX **
SLES-22965 Final Fantasy IX **
SLES-32965 Final Fantasy IX **
SCES-02084 Final Fantasy VIII (SPA) **
SCES-12084 Final Fantasy VIII (SPA) **
SCES-22084 Final Fantasy VIII (SPA) **
SCES-32084 Final Fantasy VIII (SPA) **
SCES-13840 Final Fantsy V ***

Devil May Cry
SLES-50358 DEVIL MAY CRY ***
SLES-82011 DEVIL MAY CRY 2 *
SLES-53038 DEVIL MAY CRY 3 ***

Codes on the left are found on the spine of the box and on the disc.

Star code:
*** No known issues to date
** Should play on PLAYSTATION®3 with some minor issues
* Should play on PLAYSTATION®3 with noticeable issues

Additional notes:

To have the best experience when playing your PlayStation®2 titles, we recommend that:

1. You avoid connecting any non-essential USB peripherals to your PS3
2. You avoid the use of "60Hz" and network modes (which may experience noticeable graphical corruption not present in the main game)
3. You should skip optional FMV sequences (a small number of games have graphical corruption in one or more video sequences).
4. A maximum of seven players can play (non-network) multiplayer PS2 games.

If you have any further issues regarding backwards compatibility of PlayStation® (PS one®) and PlayStation®2 software, please contact your local Customer Service Number.

I wonder what noticable issuses are? I'm playing GTA:VCS at the mo and this seems to be listed as having noticeable issuses. Hopefully these problems will be fixed with later firmware updates.

I have decided to keep my PS2 till after I've checked my games on the PS3, which'll probably mean I get less money for it :(

Aaah cool i dunno i found the link on some news report which just look on the catergory and didn't look harder.

Welldone 8)

Roadie wrote:
You can play games region free, they aren't locked.

i'll believe it when i see it
You can, although the games don't tend to support the different tvs. The video and picture quality goes a litte funny, but the games do generally run cross region. I think multi region is a big advantage and hope they do it more often, why should america get FFXII half a year sooner than us. Hopefully tvs, dvds.etc blah blah follow this as well, regionless stuff would be so easy, but then there are greedy companies out there :(

Roadie said:
Roadie wrote:

You can, although the games don't tend to support the different tvs. The video and picture quality goes a litte funny, but the games do generally run cross region. I think multi region is a big advantage and hope they do it more often, why should america get FFXII half a year sooner than us. Hopefully tvs, dvds.etc blah blah follow this as well, regionless stuff would be so easy, but then there are greedy companies out there :(
I find it pretty cool that Sony, of all of companies, would do something like this. I thought they would have extended this for backwards compatibility titles aswell, but they don't. I mean what would have been the harm in it?

I think with the PS1 and PS2 games it's the coding on the disc tha makes them regionable not the hardware in the consoles, so there's not much that they could have done.

Maybe make an emulator that runs the different regions, but the coding needed probably would have been huge. It must be big enough with just Region 2 games.

Mr Brightside said:
Roadie said:
Roadie wrote:

I find it pretty cool that Sony, of all of companies, would do something like this. I thought they would have extended this for backwards compatibility titles aswell, but they don't. I mean what would have been the harm in it?

let me think........... The end of the UK gaming industry because everyone will import from the US because it gets a released in the US first?

I really don't think game are going to shoot themselves in the feet and let it be multiregion

If anyone buys a Ps3 can you tell me what it is like I have the cash for one but I dont know if I should shell out that much money on a console unless its worth it.

"Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Vice President Georges Fornay had this to say about the famed RPG: “Lastly, for Final Fantasy XIII, I can say to you that exclusiveness is under discussion.â€

I thinck the reason it is going for that cheap is because the person selling it has -1 positive feedback. Therefore people have a hard time trusting this person

Ebay it there all flopping hard.

There are 6 bids on a ps3 for £44.00 kinda funny seeing how they wanted to cash in meh enjoy your ps3 :p

Back