European PS3 Details

Anyone listen to Chris Moyles this moring, the show was given a free PS3 this morning and they were taking votes to see if they should smash it up

Ryo Chan said:
gonna keep posting these just cause it's making my day

current ps3 bid for a ps3 + 10 games

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PLAYSTATION-3-you ... dZViewItem

talk about a loss

The laugh is on the person who brought it in the first place, and if you look closer it says "a choice of one of the following games" not all 10.

Plus that is just a deposit slip, I don't think Game are guaranteeing console so they are still going to have to queue. So e-bayers are being cautious.

EDIT

pomtry said:
I thinck the reason it is going for that cheap is because the person selling it has -1 positive feedback. Therefore people have a hard time trusting this person

Ah just spotted that, so the sellers probablly laughing all the way to the bank. £270 profit on a £50 layout IF that is even a real deposit slip.

Ryo Chan said:
Mr Brightside said:
Roadie said:
Roadie wrote:
You can play games region free, they aren't locked.

i'll believe it when i see it
You can, although the games don't tend to support the different tvs. The video and picture quality goes a litte funny, but the games do generally run cross region. I think multi region is a big advantage and hope they do it more often, why should america get FFXII half a year sooner than us. Hopefully tvs, dvds.etc blah blah follow this as well, regionless stuff would be so easy, but then there are greedy companies out there :(
I find it pretty cool that Sony, of all of companies, would do something like this. I thought they would have extended this for backwards compatibility titles aswell, but they don't. I mean what would have been the harm in it?

let me think........... The end of the UK gaming industry because everyone will import from the US because it gets a released in the US first?

I really don't think game are going to shoot themselves in the feet and let it be multiregion

Not everyone imports. The most popular games are released in Europe the same time as the US (I'm talking GTA, NFS here), so people see no need to import. A small number of people import, and they're fans of niche RPGs. Region-free or not, the import market is small. A lot of people forget that.

Anyone read that they gave the first 100 buyers in london a free 46" HDTV (worth £2,500), wish I had hindsight, that'd be so awsome

Ouch if thats true I wish I had gone and camped out side the store..... I wonder how they got the tv home on the underground? lol

hdpiechart-737366.jpg

Taken from http://www.ukresistance.co.uku

lol

Dani said:
If your PS3 isn't hooked up to the net it won't play ANY PS2 or PS1 games. Period.

Ok now I have my shiney behemoth at home I can tell you that this is not true. You can get the download from here, and put it on your PS3 via a memery card/stick. So even if you don't have network access at home you surely must know friends or family with access or be able to get it from work.

Only one of my games doesn't work (GT4, but as they have GT:HD to download that's no biggy). Final Fantasy XII works, but fast moving objects in the FMV are a bit jerky (which is a bummer, and can hopefully be fixed with the next firmware update).

Thank god, I was worried about that as I have loads of PS1 and 2 games I thought I'd have to keep my new ps2 and part of me would like to sell that in order to buy new games.

Ditchdigger said:
Yeah now I have my PS3 updated the PS2 is going (Blockbuster quoted me £40 store credit, not too shabby).

The PS3 still only plays a fraction of PS2 games perfectly, and there are a lot more with "noticable issues". Many great games don't work at all.

I would hang on to your PS2 for a while longer...

Yeah now I have my PS3 updated the PS2 is going (Blockbuster quoted me £40 store credit, not too shabby).
Was that just the console (wires, controller too of course, no games?), original version or slim? I think GAME give £30 for the original, £50 for the slim PS2. I'm currently trying to sell some games to get resistance: fall of man and repair my sodding xbox.

Also, about the ps2 saves and converting them to the PS3, do you have to buy a memory card adapter? I'm sure I read someone used a usb to transfer the saves, the PS3 can detect them, but can the PS2? I'm not about to start FFXII again, its an awsome game but I've grown off RPGs since FFX and prefer the faster paced online shooters.

Espy said:
The PS3 still only plays a fraction of PS2 games perfectly, and there are a lot more with "noticable issues". Many great games don't work at all.

I would hang on to your PS2 for a while longer...

PES6 is jerky, but PES7 is around the corner, GT4 doesn't work for my PS3, but doesn't work on my PS2 either. The games I'm playing currently FFXII and GTA:VCS work, and according to the faq site posted earlier in the thread God of War II will work fine when it comes out (it's Sony produced so it should). So apart from Manhunt 2 out in the summer there are no more PS2 games I'm bothered about, thus no reason to keep it.

Roadie said:
Was that just the console (wires, controller too of course, no games?), original version or slim? I think GAME give £30 for the original, £50 for the slim PS2. I'm currently trying to sell some games to get resistance: fall of man and repair my sodding xbox.

Chunky PS2, wires and controller = £40 on your Blockbuster account which you can use on games or movies or on any rentals. Not bad if Game are giving £30 (I got £25 from Game for my PS1)

Roadie said:
Also, about the ps2 saves and converting them to the PS3, do you have to buy a memory card adapter? I'm sure I read someone used a usb to transfer the saves, the PS3 can detect them, but can the PS2? I'm not about to start FFXII again, its an awsome game but I've grown off RPGs since FFX and prefer the faster paced online shooters.

I couldn't find an adapter at Game or Blockbusters, there is a third party one on Amazon, but the release date has been pushed back to April 13. So I've ordered one from here.

Back